Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 23-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Knower

Paranormal-Themed Special Interest TV Shows

As there’s not a section or thread (that I can find, anyway) devoted to spiritually-themed special interest shows made for television, I’ve decided to start one, so as to also highlight one particular program which I’ve enjoyed over the years.

Whether or not it is available to still be viewed today, either online or via video disc, there was an excellent TV show that originally aired back in the 1990s titled “Mysteries, Magic & Miracles.” Each episode was a half-hour and usually featured three different topics pertaining to the paranormal and the unexplained. It was hosted by the distinguished thespian, Patrick Macnee.

Many of the segments I remember even to this day. There were a few on UFOs, alien abductions, and ghost hauntings. All sorts of other dateless and fascinating topics were spotlighted, ranging from crystals, Feng Shui, yoga, OBEs, and the like.

Another very good show was “Unsolved Mysteries,” hosted by Robert Stack, which also had a number of episodes relating to topics discussed on this forum.

What I enjoyed about both of these shows were their dignified gentlemen hosts and their ASL ratios. ASL is a cinematic term that refers to “average shot length.”

If you are over 40, and have been watching TV the past two decades, you may have noticed how a lot of paranormal-themed nonfiction shows of today are put-together in such a way as if to appeal to the most excitable and impatient of viewers. There is a fast-cutting style employed; shots only last for a few seconds; there’s often bombastic music used to heighten the imagery; and quite often the hosts seem conceited, and/or are hyper and stentorian.

Whereas similarly themed programs of just a decade or so ago were often subdued and emphasized more their content, nowadays I find that, a few exceptions aside, paranormal-themed special interest programs are designed and packaged in such a way as to entertain first and foremost, regardless of any information value they might contain.
Old 23-04-2019, 10:10 PM
Master
few
beyondd belfeff factt or ficsonn
is so grt
sum is tru sum si ficston
unsolvd mysrtyss is grt
yep im ovr 40 i lk pychii tv
sean sum hgrt medimss showss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 23-04-2019, 10:26 PM
Administrator
I have seen a lot of the shows you mention over the years the thing that's changed about them is nowadays they all say for Entertainment only.
more and more people are looking to spirituality psychics and mediums for answers so they become popular again.
I knew a person who bought a large flat screen as soon as they came out here just to watch.spiritual based shows.

Namaste
Old 26-04-2019, 05:21 PM
Master

My absolute favorite was Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal. It's been discontinued but you can still watch them on media outlets or reruns at your local stations.

Basically it was a program where different kids each week were featured. They were terrified of the spiritual things they were able to see. Some adult mediums were their teachers and taught them things like setting boundaries and not to be afraid.

I have to admit I was reduced to tears on many episodes once the kids learned how to cope with their gifts. The relief and empowerment they felt with their new knowledge was palpable and infectious to us viewers.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:16 AM
Master
Afterlife Time To Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RarAR68fpsg&list=PLTIZlxBOr4Q2rDsqHbi_oYkh qbsVq_PZM

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 01-11-2019, 01:44 PM
Pathfinder
Am enjoying Ghost Adventures, I love how over the top some of their reactions are! lol