Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Tesla_Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
So now you know who you are, right?
I dont know how to answer that.
Old 17-06-2014, 08:47 PM
Tesla_Rain

The one everyone leaves behind?
Old 17-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina11
I dont know how to answer that.

Well Self-realization is an experience where you recognize who you really are. The experience itself often only happens once to most people but after that they are not the same person. The old them is deconstructed and they begin to live life in the awareness of who they really are. I am not sure what you experienced was Self-realization.. Does any of this connect with you?
Old 17-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Tesla_Rain

Quote:
Well Self-realization is an experience where you recognize who you really are. The experience itself often only happens once to most people but after that they are not the same person. The old them is deconstructed and they begin to live life in the awareness of who they really are. I am not sure what you experienced was Self-realization.. Does any of this connect with you?
I know I'm not who I was before. I wish it would happen again, because after it happened, I put my self through some hard times on purpose. Lots of bad relationships, etc. I guess I kinda based myself off of that. It hurts now, I just want it to happen again. It was truly a peaceful experience although rough at times, I am a different person now.

My family when they saw me when I came back looked at me with this look in their eyes and said "something in you changed" so I guess I just had the experience and I didnt know what to do with it.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:12 PM
Tesla_Rain

My question is: is there a way to rid of the negativity from past experiences and change again
Old 17-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I know I'm not who I was before. I wish it would happen again, because after it happened, I put my self through some hard times on purpose. Lots of bad relationships, etc. I guess I kinda based myself off of that. It hurts now, I just want it to happen again. It was truly a peaceful experience although rough at times, I am a different person now.

My family when they saw me when I came back looked at me with this look in their eyes and said "something in you changed" so I guess I just had the experience and I didnt know what to do with it.

Hmm.. I still don't think you had it. I think maybe you had a glimpse of it (especially as you said it was connected to a soulmate), but generally people who have had it don't have rough lives afterwards because they are not subject to karma, and also they don't really wish for it to happen again because afterwards they do not cling to experiences, knowing instead that in time all things will pass. People who are self-realized live in the moment, knowing that the past, present, and future are all one, and trusting that their lives will turn out exactly the way they are meant to turn out.

It's possible you experience some of these things sometimes but not all the time. A Self-realized person always feels peaceful, and that peace isn't dependent upon situations or external circumstances. This is because they do not identify with their experiences anymore, but instead with the flow of everything and nothing. The truth is you don't need to do anything with it, because your identity is in 'just being', and not doing. Striving ceases.

It sounds to me like you started on your journey of Self-realization, but you haven't realized yet that you are that which you perceive.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
My question is: is there a way to rid of the negativity from past experiences and change again

This especially indicates to me that you are not Self-realized yet.

It's not about changing. It's about removing the illusions which keep us trapped in the past.
Old 17-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
What 'It' are you referring to Dwerg?

Nothing
(10 chars)
Old 17-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Tesla_Rain

Quote:
This especially indicates to me that you are not Self-realized yet.

It's not about changing. It's about removing the illusions which keep us trapped in the past.
Okay well whatever the case is, I want to be self realized.
Old 17-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Okay well whatever the case is, I want to be self realized.

You're already on your way there Continue with your path, you will be eventually