Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Experiencer

Question why is God quiet when we need him the most

Your desperate for him help and your running out of time but yet he's so quiet and its like he won't help you.And you don't know what to do because he's so quiet why does he do that?
Old 02-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Ivy

I am not Christian, nor do I believe in anything called Lord. Yet, I still relate to this poem, because even though there have been times when I've blamed my spiritual connection for leading me into anguish, I've come out the other side to realise that spirit held me throughout and will always be there as the constant it has always been. All that changes is my acceptance of its presence.

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints
other times there were one set of footprints.
Read rest of poem here:http://www.wowzone.com/fprints.htm
Old 02-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Master
Hello Meadows.

I love that poem. It really hit me in the heart when I first read it. I find many of my friends have this poem hanging somewhere in their home.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan
Your desperate for him help and your running out of time but yet he's so quiet and its like he won't help you.And you don't know what to do because he's so quiet why does he do that?

I learned there is great power in silence,and it's those times in silence where your being heard the most,not only by a divine power,but YOURSELF. Whatever you are going through or may be going through,know it WILL pass, sometimes we have to go through a difficulty to learn a lesson. We grow through adversity and difficulty. I know it's hard,but believe me you will triumph.

P.S. Meadows,that poem has always had a special place in my heart.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Master
Hello Dreamercan.

I identify with you very much. Many a time, when I was younger and in crisis, I felt totally alone, and found that God was silent for some reason.

Years later, I did find out that whenever I am in crisis I am not mentally quiet either. I am in desperate-mode. I am frantic and fearful, and all tensed up.
I found out that while I am like that, I am not listening to anything but myself. I may hear other people, but I am not taking it in - am too busy being frantic.

I found it took some faith to calm down and become quiet enough to hear the silent whispers of love and truth within me.

Here is another approach.
One time, I had a lot happening in my life that caused me to be too restless to sleep.
After a few days of this, I told my friend about not getting enough sleep.
He asked what I did to relax. I told him I tried different sleep positions, breathing slowly, and even counted sheep. He said, "Next time, instead of counting sheep, why don't you talk to the Shepard".
That night, I followed my friend's advice. In my mind, I had a long talk about my crisis with the Shepard. Somewhere along the conversation I fell asleep.
I had such a peaceful sleep, by next morning I felt clear-headed, and I had a feeling that I was okay. That I was loved, regardless of any crisis.
Knowing that, may not have created answers for dealing with worldly matters, or with other people, but it did give me acceptance and faith that I will be okay.

Dreamcan, I hope my story has helped you in some way.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:35 PM
Knower

God hears you at all times whether you are speaking directly to him or not. In each lifetime we are here to experience and learn new things that are part of our spiritual development. If he does not answer you it is not because he does not hear or love you, it is because it may hinder spiritual development or learning. Also, if does try to communicate with you it may be in a manner that you may not recognize. He is not going to communicate with you in the same manner that we communicate with each other.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:22 AM
NexuzNine

God will not put anything in your path that you can not handle. The more connected you are with your God consciousness you will be guided to the righteous path which is Gods next answer for you. Things are noted, seen, then guided.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:11 AM
God's a shy guy...that's why the Holy Spirit is depicted as a dove...and like
a breeze...and it says you must be still and go into that secret place within.

Attune yourself to Him and become close to Him...and He's not so quiet.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Knower

If you are ready and it is in your best interests you will hear from him in some manner. If it is not in your best interest he will not respond. Remember that he loves you. We are all his children. He wants what is best for us. Just like with our own children---sometimes we do the best job as a parent by letting them solve their own problems.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:16 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamercan

In desperation we often find the deeper cause as to why we ourselves block the connection to receiving.

In those times reaching out to the many faces of god/source there are one with you in your world is part of understanding how god/source works through us all to open to receiving not always in the way we intend.