Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Big talk, but do you live by it?

Are you fruitarian? Because you should be after all that. To teach one thing, but not live by it, that is hypocrisy...

What would you say to a cannibal? If eating animal flesh is 'part of the flow', then by the same criteria eating human flesh would be similarly so, no more or less morally impure.

And what's this??? You are drawing a parallel between eating plants and participation in the slave trade?!! Many are going to find that incredibly offensive....

You're an "animal whisperer"? And a "tree whisperer"? Self-appointed or proclaimed?

Animal whispering? No need for that, just leave the slaughterhouse doors open. Let the animals show us how willing they are to have their throats slit, so spiritually regressed people can gorge themselves on dead flesh.

Of course I live by it. But where do you get this Fruitarian bit? I never said don't eat anything, I said "Do it With Reverence and Gratitude to the Being, Plant or Animal, which gave it's body so that you could stay in your's another day."
*Extra points for reading comprehension not applied. *

I have no critiques or moral judgments on cannibals. Even the animal world and plant world have variations of cannibalism. I just decide to not be, and that is just because I don't have to be, at least right now.
Given the right situation, like a downed plane in the winter in the Himalaya's and no way out and no hope of rescue till spring and all food gone and I might start seeing you as a nice Rump Roast which is just about to fall down from starvation :)
We don't really know what we're capable of until we are forced to find out what our true nature is.

Choosing what we eat is a luxury, a luxury many people in the world don't have - they eat what there is, maybe it's only reindeer meat, maybe it's only vegetables, maybe it's only seals and bear, or rice and fruits. Having the luxury of choice and then arrogantly judge others is unconsciousness and lack of compassion.

Also, it's important here to point out here that Consciousness can not be killed nor eaten, this is why we show our reverence and gratitude, why we feel it and live it, because the Consciousness of those who's physical forms we have to eat continues. You do get this distinction right?

The parallel I drew between slavery and plants is that much as slavers deemed their slaves to be not human just as you are judging plants to be not conscious therefore justifying that you can eat them and don't have to feel appreciative or grateful that they died so that you could eat.
You have psychologically distanced yourself from common consciousness with them, yet you are freaking out that another person might choose to eat meat because you have determined that animals are more conscious than plants therefore it's mortifying to eat them. Surely you see there's no difference here in the thinking. A slaver wouldn't have enslaved a white person because they saw them as human and worthy of equality and dignity, but couldn't see a colored person as one, just as you are saying one form of being here on this planet in all it's species are not forms of manifested consciousness yen if the have legs or fins they are conscious.

Animal and Plant Whispering isn't rock science, if one can do one of them one can do the other - all it requires is consciousness and a willingness to connect with open heart and mind. People who can't remember how to do it on their own come to me and I teach them, they can do it within a day usually. You can call it self proclaimed or self appointed or anything you want, you're opinion doesn't really matter to me on this or change my reality on way or the other.

"So spiritually regressed people can gorge themselves on dead flesh"
Seriously??!!
LOL
Dude, careful if you keep slamming your fist like that and yelling your gonna fall off your pulpit 'cause you are already off balance.
Old 08-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
This guy is very Arrogant as most Biligana are. They invaded our world, killed almost every living being, then come and tell us that our Spirituality is wrong. Now this one comes along and tell us that killing any animal is wrong! What Gall !

Should you be using derogatory racial terms?

Do you even know what colour I am?

Playing the race card because you've got no answer.... Shabby behaviour.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 08-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Suspended
Quote:
I would remind you, this is NOT the Native American section.

Your beliefs are your beliefs. Your view of 'revering' things yet having no qualms about killing them in not a 'spirituality' I subscribe to, nor would ever do so.

Spiritually arrogant? Your ancestors hunted and the animals RAN from you, ran in terror, because they were afraid of you and didn't want to die.

And think about what you are saying.
Your ancestors were nomadic. They pitched their wigwams, stayed for a season, then moved on. The area of their lands was substantial. Hunted animal species could recover in the interim.
Hunter-gathering is the answer? A fatal flaw in your argument. There weren't over seven billion of them!!! (Ten billion by 2050) If the world adopted your ideal, the Animal Kingdom would be wiped out within a month.

Re-read my post please!

I see you are very ignorant, about Native American People, and their life and ways!

Most tribes lived in villages and settlements, not in "wigwams". Only the Plains Indians lived that way. They hunted only what they needed and no more. Now go back and study up on the Native Americans, and get back to me latter.

Modern Man are still hunting and gathering today, but in a mutant variant way, based on making money and producing a "product". Because of this, we increased food production to support the numbers of people you speak of. We lost all connection to our "product".

I am saying a Hunting Gathering Based Spirituality based in the old way is best. Because of our big numbers we cant hunt and gather directly anymore, but depend upon mass produced products instead. That is why, as I said before, we have No spiritual connection to plants and animals. We need that connection if the animals are to survive.

We may never get the deep connection that our ancestors had, but it is a start. I am not saying we can go back to that simpler life style right away. It is not possible with our great numbers. But we can beware of the damage modern production as done, and make our spirituality more Earth centered. By the way, I am Navajo. We did not live in "Wigwams". We lived in an permanent dwelling known as a "Hogan".
Old 08-08-2015, 08:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Of course I live by it. But where do you get this Fruitarian bit? I never said don't eat anything, I said "Do it With Reverence and Gratitude to the Being, Plant or Animal, which gave it's body so that you could stay in your's another day."
*Extra points for reading comprehension not applied. *

I have no critiques or moral judgments on cannibals. Even the animal world and plant world have variations of cannibalism. I just decide to not be, and that is just because I don't have to be, at least right now.
Given the right situation, like a downed plane in the winter in the Himalaya's and no way out and no hope of rescue till spring and all food gone and I might start seeing you as a nice Rump Roast which is just about to fall down from starvation :)
We don't really know what we're capable of until we are forced to find out what our true nature is.

Choosing what we eat is a luxury, a luxury many people in the world don't have - they eat what there is, maybe it's only reindeer meat, maybe it's only vegetables, maybe it's only seals and bear, or rice and fruits. Having the luxury of choice and then arrogantly judge others is unconsciousness and lack of compassion.

The parallel I drew between slavery and plants is that much as slavers deemed slave to be not human you are judging plants to be not conscious therefore you can eat them and don't have to feel appreciative or grateful that they died so that you could eat. You have psychologically distanced yourself from common consciousness with them, yet you are freaking out that another person might choose to eat meat because you have determined that animals are more conscious than plants therefore it's mortifying to eat them. Surely you see there's no difference here in the thinking. A slaver wouldn't have enslaved a white person because they saw them as human and worthy of equality and dignity, but couldn't see a colored person as one.

Animal and Plant Whispering isn't rock science, if one can do one of them one can do the other - all it requires is consciousness and a willingness to connect with open heart and mind. People who can't remember how to do it on their own come to me and I teach them, they can do it within a day usually. You can call it self proclaimed or self appointed or anything you want, you're opinion doesn't really matter to me on this or change my reality on way or the other.

"So spiritually regressed people can gorge themselves on dead flesh"
Seriously??!!
LOL
Dude, careful if you keep slamming your fist like that and yelling your gonna fall off your pulpit 'cause you are already off balance.

That'll be a 'No' then.

Old 08-08-2015, 08:56 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Should you be using derogatory racial terms?

Do you even know what colour I am?

Playing the race card because you've got no answer.... Shabby behaviour.

I not playing a "Card". There is no excuse for your Arrogance.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Re-read my post please!

I see you are very ignorant, about Native American People, and their life and ways!

Most tribes lived in villages and settlements, not in "wigwams". Only the Plains Indians lived that way. They hunted only what they needed and no more. Now go back and study up on the Native Americans, and get back to me latter.

Modern Man are still hunting and gathering today, but in a mutant variant way, based on making money and producing a "product". Because of this, we increased food production to support the numbers of people you speak of. We lost all connection to our "product".

I am saying a Hunting Gathering Based Spirituality based in the old way is best. Because of our big numbers we cant hunt and gather directly anymore, but depend upon mass produced products instead. That is why, as I said before, we have No spiritual connection to plants and animals. We need that connection if the animals are to survive.

We may never get the deep connection that our ancestors had, but it is a start. I am not saying we can go back to that simpler life style right away. It is not possible with our great numbers. But we can beware of the damage modern production as done, and make our spirituality more Earth centered.

YOU were the one who suggested the hunter-gathering lifestyle as answer to the world's ills.

As for those Native Americans who lived in fixed settlements, it was growing crops - the Three Sisters and other crops - that formed the backbone of their diet.

Even modern intensive/factory farming is not sustainable at the present rate, never mind with an extra 40% of population to feed by the middle of the century.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
This guy is very Arrogant as most Biligana are. They invaded our world, killed almost every living being, then come and tell us that our Spirituality is wrong. Now this one comes along and tell us that killing any animal is wrong! What Gall !

This is not playing the race card?

Old 08-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Was ...

Spiritual evolution - the old ways belong in the past.
Always man must seek a better, higher way.

Killing and the shedding of innocent blood can never be 'spiritual'.
And saying 'thank you' does not make it right.

What are the new ways? tell me that, tell me what defines our new wonderful society?

Heck, where did my lap top come from? who built it? what was paid for it spiritually? Awareness... as in real awareness of the society that you and me live in, that you and me pay to support (inadvertently or not) really cannot put itself besides the old ways of native cultures. They were way higher from an ethical point of view.

Killing and the shedding of innocent blood? what the heck do you think killed the human cultures that taught and lived that careful balance?

And right now, if I find I have a disease that is curable or manageable through modern medicine, do you think I will choose to die, when I have children that benefit from me being here?

This is awareness and real awake awareness is sometimes tough to deal with. Because when you really look at our current society, we so called 'spiritual' people are not separate or above it, nor more advanced than our predecessors; we are here faced with the spiritual life and the choices of now. And we can learn a lot from our ancestors and our journey as life on earth.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:08 PM
Master
Forgive him Thunder Bow, he's blind and can not hear. He posts as one who has spirituality, yet he is self cut off from Spirit and does not even realize how apparent this is, as his shouting from his pulpit drowns out his own inner Spirit.
Compassion is our only recourse for he can not hear us.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Suspended
Quote:
YOU were the one who suggested the hunter-gathering lifestyle as answer to the world's ills.

As for those Native Americans who lived in fixed settlements, it was growing crops - the Three Sisters and other crops - that formed the backbone of their diet.

Even modern intensive/factory farming is not sustainable at the present rate, never mind with an extra 40% of population to feed by the middle of the century.

...."Even modern intensive/factory farming is not sustainable at the present rate, never mind with an extra 40% of population to feed by the middle of the century."... a contradiction in your words?

You seem to agree with me....And I am still suggesting a Hunting Gathering life style is the cure. That is the way we humans evolved to be like. Any thing else is just a mutant variant of this way. By the way those who lived in village as the pueblo people here did, did hunt game. They were not as vegitarian as you imply.
Closed Thread