Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-09-2012, 03:09 AM
Master
Good stuff, Buzz.

Xan

Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Good stuff, Buzz.

Xan

Thanks Xan.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:21 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Simply my meaning was the difference between the 'being' and the 'grasping'. It's one thing to have an awareness another when the mind grabs hold and installs it's significance into the mix.
Hi Buzz: Have you noticed how so many people are swayed by their beliefs of what is 'significant'..

It is my experience that 'significant' includes a state of mind that holds without 'grasping'.. a state of mind that continues to 'look' without 'expectations', without believing it has 'the' answer.. in my experience, it is significant to occasionally 'let go' of all beliefs, of all knowledge, of all 'Truth', of all 'answers'.. to experience yourself and Life fresh and new, again..

Many people fear 'letting go', too fearful they might have to revise their beliefs, the ones they are so invested in.. We live in a 'post-truth' world, where accuracy and consistency are set aside in favor of what we want to believe.. personally, i find it exhilarating when i have an occasion to gain more clarity, to carve away the 'stories', revealing more of Life as it 'is'..

Be well..
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Buzz

Hi Tzu.
Yes and I can see 'significance' in 2 different manifestations. In one way it is projected from beliefs or past experience and the other is witnessed as a present time punctuation of sorts.
The later appears more like a directive born from stillness. The former appears to be weighted down with attachment & imagery.
I've been 'trading up' lately and becoming more in tune with the difference between the two.
Beliefs run deep and when we start to pay witness to them things can get very noisy. As for accuracy & consistency, hell I'm just happy to land in the same ballpark at times as the terrain becomes less and less apparent as this life rolls on :)
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
As silly as Advaitic discussion is, it is becoming more and more frequent as a form of dragging spiritual discussions about oneness and no self on and on and on and on and on and on.......it is a technique easily mastered and simply designed to bore your opponent to a state where physical death would be a prefered alternative to further discussion. Please help stamp out this form of human cruelty!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja86AkbxQLQ&feature=relmfu

Then change the direction and discuss the self, the you, the I. If there is no self then it should easily be seen when viewing what is believed to be the self....deeply.
I'm game if you are. (Maybe this self is the center of all beliefs that TZU says people are fearful to see). Let's investigate it with no desire as to how it turns out.

Here is a start (something I noticed years ago): if I was born in China or had different parents or even looked different.............this self would not be the same in any way.
That says something to me............and to take this slowly, we won't jump to conclusions. We can just take that further.........if you like.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Then change the direction and discuss the self, the you, the I. If there is no self then it should easily be seen when viewing what is believed to be the self....deeply.
I'm game if you are. (Maybe this self is the center of all beliefs that TZU says people are fearful to see). Let's investigate it with no desire as to how it turns out.

Here is a start (something I noticed years ago): if I was born in China or had different parents or even looked different.............this self would not be the same in any way.
That says something to me............and to take this slowly, we won't jump to conclusions. We can just take that further.........if you like.
WS.. as I said I don't do self / no self circular discussion real well. It simply isn't really my style. I will say this, that every time I go looking for self I can never find it and that is about all I could say about it.
We can talk about fishing....
Old 12-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Master
Quote:
WS.. as I said I don't do self / no self circular discussion real well. It simply isn't really my style. I will say this, that every time I go looking for self I can never find it and that is about all I could say about it.
We can talk about fishing....

I am not asking to discuss what you already believe about the subject. I am asking to investigate it together...............but if you don't want to, I understand.
Fishing? I love it but I can't get myself to kill the fish.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:53 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

Hi James: That's the thing, people use 'what ifs' as the basis for beliefs.. it is my practice to base my understandings on 'what is'.. we can do 'what if' all day long, stuck in conceptual imagery, or we can see 'what is' and continue the flow of 'isness' unfolding..

You are correct, if you had been born Chinese a different 'self' would have formed in that perspective.. but, it didn't.. there is no 'James' that would have been 'born in China'.. that's the thing, a Chinese 'self' emerged through the portal of conception that isn't James, so James and Chan are different.. same 'family of Humanity', different perspectives.. pondering 'what if' is a conceptual distraction, living 'what is' is present, here, Now..

Be well..
Old 12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi James: That's the thing, people use 'what ifs' as the basis for beliefs.. it is my practice to base my understandings on 'what is'.. we can do 'what if' all day long, stuck in conceptual imagery, or we can see 'what is' and continue the flow of 'isness' unfolding..

You are correct, if you had been born Chinese a different 'self' would have formed in that perspective.. but, it didn't.. there is no 'James' that would have been 'born in China'.. that's the thing, a Chinese 'self' emerged through the portal of conception that isn't James, so James and Chan are different.. same 'family of Humanity', different perspectives.. pondering 'what if' is a conceptual distraction, living 'what is' is present, here, Now..

Be well..

But what if "I" or James IS the very basis of all beliefs..........
Then 'what is' would be something different..................no?
What is this difference we notice?
The question cannot be answered because if there is really no such thing as difference except pyschologically then we, being the center of that delusion, would not be able to see it...and if we claim we do then we are simply playing with the idea from the same center.
It simply is not a valid question.............is there a self.
We can observe this supposed self in contrast to what I cal the light that draws us. Then we would know...............IMO
Old 12-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Be well..
If there is no goal. . . There is no distraction. Isn't it?
If one wants to discuss in terms of what if, why distract him to be right here right now?