Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Numerology, Runes etc.

Old 31-07-2011, 09:00 PM
numerouno

alphabet and numbers by pythagoras maybe flawed

The pythagoras system teaches us that each alphabet as a number . Letter A= 1 because it is the first letter of the alphabet. Therefore Z = 8 because its the 26th letter and 2+6= 8.

While this may work on the English alphabet but the world is full different dialects and some do not work like English alphabet. The Chinese and Hindu separate their vowels and consonants in two different tables while the English includes both vowels and consonants into one alphabetical table while oriental languages have to two tables or a division of the alphabet. The consonants and vowels and be added to each other to produce a sound or alphabets leading to words and language.

So how does pythagoras system deal with this. So how do we work with a divided alphabet. And its important to note at this point "divided" or division (÷) deals with penance or karma which. The teachings of karma and past lives stems from the east. In other words ÷ in life represents the emotion of repentance.
Old 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
saxon

The short response is the Pythagorean system just isn't meant for non-western alphabets. I've never heard of any workaround.

Some food for thoughts if you want to experiment on your own... on the other way around, it's possible to use Chaldean Numerology on Western alphabets while it was originally tailored for an arameic Alphabet. Instead of going 1 to 9, you go 1 to 8, and not in a completely natural order. The numbers you get after reduction have a different slant as well.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:59 PM
numerouno

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon
The short response is the Pythagorean system just isn't meant for non-western alphabets. I've never heard of any workaround.

Some food for thoughts if you want to experiment on your own... on the other way around, it's possible to use Chaldean Numerology on Western alphabets while it was originally tailored for an arameic Alphabet. Instead of going 1 to 9, you go 1 to 8, and not in a completely natural order. The numbers you get after reduction have a different slant as well.

Are you a numerologist?
I have experimented with the chaldean system, both systems don't seem to predict accurately. I have done hundreds of charts for research and the stats are not good. Recently I have found a system sequence of numbers in astrology that simply looks like numerology. Although there is decided relationship between the pythagoras and system astrology although not immdiately noticeable. The chaldean system gives letters u,v,w number 6 = 666 is one of the reasons I have left it aside as it seems a perversion of the science of numbers. Pythagoras is a logical sequence numbering, sine letter A is the first letter pythagoras says let it be 1. Using this eye of numerology one can quickly pick up a sequence in astrology.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:08 AM
saxon

Quote:
Originally Posted by numerouno
Are you a numerologist?
I have experimented with the chaldean system, both systems don't seem to predict accurately. I have done hundreds of charts for research and the stats are not good. Recently I have found a system sequence of numbers in astrology that simply looks like numerology. Although there is decided relationship between the pythagoras and system astrology although not immdiately noticeable. The chaldean system gives letters u,v,w number 6 = 666 is one of the reasons I have left it aside as it seems a perversion of the science of numbers. Pythagoras is a logical sequence numbering, sine letter A is the first letter pythagoras says let it be 1. Using this eye of numerology one can quickly pick up a sequence in astrology.

I've been using Pythagorean Numerology for about a decade. I gave classes on it on another board a few years ago. The chaldean system... I've only had a peek at it out of curiosity.
Can you elaborate on "don't seem to predict accurately"? What numbers do you include when working out a chart? Personally, I found the Pyt system very accurate, including in the various cycles it describes.
Old 13-08-2011, 01:23 PM
numerouno

Pleasure to speak with a qualified numerologist.

I drew up the chart of John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK). In the period he was assissinated the value of the letters of his names were 20. The letters O R N gives 20, since he died highly violent and publicized death I expected either 16 or 19 to be ruling.

His challenge was 20 at the time and his pinnacle was 12 he was born on the 29 and the value of birth date is 29 thus could meet the challenge of 2 and essence of 20 from the letters ORN.

His pinnacles and challenges is worked from 29th may 1917.

If the pythagoras system gave 16 or 19 I would have more than satisfied. However don't take this the wrong way...there something to it, I will search till I find it.

Let's look astro-numerology ...

Example 4...

The 4th sign is cancer it deals with education, land and vehicles, chest area of the body. Our relationship with our mother falls here and it is ruled by the moon.

Number 4: there work to do, expansion of business, renovating house and home. A relative is sick and needs mothering so to speak.

Cancer 4th and number 4 both deal with land and property, we could be expanding both business and home. Business increase either by purchase or renovation or new ventures requires the education to do it.

4th planet mercury as taken in vedic astrology rules education.

4th phase of the moon : if ones born in this phase he gets a good education.

4th star: deals with land and vehicles and education.

Need I say more, now how incorporate this into a different number structuring of the alphabet so that I getter results when I analyze a person's name and surname.

I can prove all the numbers by this procedure showing the link between astrology and numerology. Provided the numerologist didn't take their info from astrology and never bothered to tell us. I hoped they noticed instances in life that surrounded a number. In other words when an event had taken place a number popped up everytime this oucurred "randomly". I have similar posts elsewhere and can't keep saying this over and over, I just need devise a new alphabet system the problem some numbers are shared between planets. 4 what reason can't I figure this out ....number 4 in I-CHING says: the question you ask remains a mystery to you as you are not EDUCATED enough.

Are with you with me on this SaxOn, do you follow my reasoning.....I saw an astrologer and asked should I continue with My work. And write book, yes he said it will make you famous....yeah I dnt think so, I am soon to be numerozero....

Hope this was interesting
Old 13-08-2011, 09:27 PM
saxon

On the first part, I don't believe Numerology, Astrology or any other tool for that matter gives hints to when or how we'll die. When you look into the Pinnacle and Challenge at the time of his death, you get insight into the area of lessons for the 8 years of his 3rd cycle. Then, you have different sub-flavors brought by the personal years and essence every year, then you have an extra layer with personal months... It all dwarfs the moment of his death in terms of duration and again, the point of charts is to offer us guidance into how to make the best of our potential and look out for pitfalls. The rest is trifles.

I'm also not getting the same numbers as you for his Challenge and Pinnacle.

First Pinnacle: sum of your month and day of birth
Second Pinnacle: sum of your day and year of birth
Third Pinnacle: sum of the 1st and 2nd Pinnacles

with 05/29/1917, we get
First Pinnacle: 7
Second Pinnacle: 2
Third Pinnacle: 9

For Challenges:

First: result of subtracting your month from your day of birth or vice versa
Second: result of subtracting your month from your day of birth or vice versa
Third: result of subtracting your First Challenge from your Second Challenge or vice versa

You should get 4 for the cycle in which he died

A 9 Pinnacle and 4 Challenge sound pretty relevant with his actual life. 9 if for connection with groups of people, and when positively expressed, with uplifting purposes. The 4 challenge is that of the builder, learning to build foundations, acquiring resilience, focusing on details, etc... It matches his campaign years and the first years of his presidency.

On the second point, you have a very good point when noticing some similarities between 4 and Cancer. They do not equate each other though. 4 has very dry and uneffusive vibes, while cancer is strongly associated with emotions. One reason you can't have a direct correlation is you have only 9 numbers and 12 signs/Houses. What you can do pretty accurately though is describe Signs with a combination of numbers or the other way around. For example, you can see Cancer as a blend of 4 and 2... Or 6 as a combination of Virgo for the health/service traits and Libra for the artsy/aesthetic skills. You can find similar correspondences for every sign.
Old 14-08-2011, 10:36 AM
numerouno

Good that you brought the pinnacle calculation the book I have says:

1st pinnacle= sum of day and month.
2nd pinnacle= sum Month and year
3rd pinnacle= sum of 1st and 2nd pinnacle
4th pinnacle= sum of day and year.

How a date is sometimes written is different in different countries, and some countries have cxhanged over the decades. This doesn't help my situation and creates problems when doing pinnacle calclation.

In my opnion I simply took books that deal with numbers and prediction and the i-ching. By finding common factors. While you say 4 is emotion, emotion is true but it is also deals with the psychological foundations of a person. His degree intellectual development and education and many numerologist call it the number of the genius.

Secondly there are only 9 numbers and when you reach 10 the rule of deduction is applied where 10= 1+0=1 . Capricorn is the 10th sign thus in case will support Aries which increased status like 1 while capricorn indicates carreer thus promotion is seen fullfilling the promises of both signs.

You say cancer is mostly emotion this due to the fact moon rules , don't confuse the traits of lord of the sign with traits of the sign. Secondly buy works of only west and ignoring the east makes it one sided. Same can be said of eastern disciples of this science.
Old 14-08-2011, 02:24 PM
numerouno

On second thought there is link between the lord and its zodiac sign, you are have s point there. Now pinnacle calculation method is correct?

What happens when a person changes his, his new name I suspect is calculated from the year he made this change. When does his original name start lose influence. When a woman marries do we cast a new chart from her date of marriage. In this case only her surname change but her first name remains the same.

Let's take a female called Michelle at the time of her marriage at 28 years let's assume letter "h" of her name is in power her new surname is Fox do I place the letter "f" of her surname under letter "h" of her first name on the date of marriage.

These occurrences and method of pinnacle calculation worry me. Secondly I seen I five charts where individuals with number 10 essence (value of 1st name and surname) in the life chart have been fired or retrenched at work. While the book I have indicates increased status I see loss of status. I suspect that because challenge 0 and 9 are same I suspect numbers 10 and 19 are same.
I am starting to think 10 is karmic, in your experience what events have you noticed surrounding 10.
Old 14-08-2011, 07:31 PM
saxon

I checked on a few websites and all go with day+year for the 2nd pinnacle so it probably was a misprint in your book. You may want to report it to the author/publisher in case they plan a reprint.

I'm under the impression you're not a native english speaker (neither am I) and it blurred the communication here and there. You're right about 4 being related to a person's psychological foundation, but it's not linked to emotion(s). I was thinking of Cancer there. I wasn't even thinking of Cancer's ruler. It was based on its element. I meant a direct analogy between 4 and Cancer doesn't hold true because 4 really doesn't have Cancer's water vibes. It mainly resonates with Earth, and Air to a lesser extent.

Maybe I'm not understanding your system correctly. From what I'm getting, it would give a direct correspondence between a single number and a sign. You're going to have an issue too with 1 and Cap and Aries because both signs are too distinct to be represented by the same number. I also don't agree with associating Capricorn to 1. Capricorn's most natural number would be 8, the entrepreneur. 1 is too self-centered to fit Capricorn's skills and interests.

For married women, I always use the birth name. I think most numerologists do as well. Where it makes sense to me is suppose she divorces after 1 year. I don't picture her having a personality A before marriage, personality B while married, and reversal to A after divorce.

10 and 19 aren't the same. Even if 9 is reduced, you still have its energy at play. "Karmic" numbers in Numerology bear very strong vibes and are intended to bring harsh tests for us to assimilate lessons we shirked in previous lives. They're 13, 16 and 19. I'd agree with that as I have 16/7 as Life Path.

I grant you 10 can bring unpleasant situations as it's about teaching us to assert ourselves, learn self reliance, but 19 really is in another league.

A piece of advice I'd give you is to not take interpretations to the letter. Instead, try to connect intuitively with what numbers stand for. Also try and refocus on the (spiritual) lessons. Forget about Status or anything materialistic for that matter. Then get back to the basics. Come up with a few keywords for 1. Like said above it will revolve around the Ego and self assertion and reliance when expressed positively. It can also lead to self-protection and refusing to submit if one feels threatened. It will take you effortlessly to these description of people "fired or retrenched at work."
Old 14-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon
For married women, I always use the birth name. I think most numerologists do as well. Where it makes sense to me is suppose she divorces after 1 year. I don't picture her having a personality A before marriage, personality B while married, and reversal to A after divorce.

I just wanted to give you something to play around with.

I have started to do parallel charts with a maiden name and birth name. Honestly marriage does tend to change a personality. (I noticed I "grew" a lot) I opted to keep my married name after the divorce...

I lost some karmic debts and gained others, I have done so in the reverse seeing how it would be if the man took the name etc.

It gives insights to the lessons and things learned. While the core personality is the same as with the birth name, the experiences tend to alter a person a tad.

Was just kind of cool. I know most wouldn't feel comfortable with doing this. But you might be interested in a different look at it.