Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
dreamer

Fish sage and onion

A wise man once said to me:

if you sat enough monkeys in a room with enough typewriters eventually one would write a shakespeare play.

But if you stuck a load of humans in a monkey cage how many would sniff the bum of another whilst eating a banana thats just been picked up off the floor?

Any thoughts?

Your hungry cat, dreamer.

Last edited by dreamer : 09-05-2006 at 09:03 PM. Reason: it wasn't quite right.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:25 AM
Lord Haw-Haw

Tee-Hee,

Sounds like a politicians fantasy to me...does it involve spanking?

S'funny, when I was in london, I was listening to some 'suits' chatting in the bar I was in and I heard one of them say... "I slipped him a Monkey and he went Bananas!"...puzzled me at the time, but certainly puts a new slant on the old cockney phrase now eh?

Excellent (lol)

LHH
Old 10-05-2006, 01:37 PM
dreamer

I think you have hit upon a flaw in the sage's thinking there. If you stuck a load of city types in a cage probably one of the first things they would do is start sniffing crack and eating off banana.

Once again you've proved that there is no such thing as a single piece of pure wisdom Haw, Haw, I had thought of this wise man in Godly terms before you pointed this out but now I realise that he is no better than me - which i suppose is a bit of an oxymoron or something of that semantic ilk because when it comes down to it we are all monkeys, bananas and "Gods", and to be a God you must be bananas to think of yourself in such an esteemed way and monkeys eat bananas, so to answer your question, yes monkeys are indeed the most wise creature where bananas are concerned. I hope this answers your problem Lord Haw Haw.

Your humble monkey nut,

Dreamer.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:59 AM
eternity

Dreamer,
Count me in for the typwriter episode.Interesting idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Closed Thread