Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 16-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
I remember when I was 13 and argued with my teacher that 0 had a value. 3 x 0 is less than 7 x 0 simply because there's more zeroes. That was kinda the point where I lost faith in Education as it seemed it made it's own rules regardless of the learners perceptions.

interesting to note... old numeric systems has no zero (eg roman numerals), and the numeral 0 came from india where it was only used to define a set ... eg 10 is one set of 10, 20 is two sets of ten etc ... and 100 is one set of ten sets of ten.

In the base 12... 0 would denote sets of 12. ie 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,a,b,10. (10 1 set of 12)

It became 'nothing' because you don't add the 0.

Quote:
When I learnt some electrical theory to build Tube amps I realised that Electrical theory had given value to 0 in the form of potential. Because that's intuitively what I knew 0 was. It was the beginning of something before it steps out into the world.

Therefore if one idea's potential was greater than another then the size , or weight of 0, was greater...

Now I kinda understand my earlier intuition, and have been supported by the mystics who gave all sorts of immense value to the notion of zero, and it's been very helpful deciding that things were kinda wrong from an early age. Not wrong so much as different.

Anyways from that I've always wondered what a mathematical system would be like that gave zero a value and how it might have worked. This led into a series of speculations that our math is somewhat tainted by our needs to understand the world rationally, alike Einstein's quote, and that we use math as a tool to define our world, and somewhat distort it to suit our current worldview.

That's why I quite like the current quantum ideas that are prevalent as they somewhat show our math to be inadequate to the task. But it's only idle speculation on my part but I thought it might be interesting to throw this into the mix...
Old 16-01-2012, 01:22 AM
Master
Schrodinger said that the universe responds to our method of questioning.

One is born into a great mystery, and with a child's curiosity starts putting everything in his mouth, the greatest experiment EVER! LoL.

It is the direct experience of life and of living, and I don't know how sciences became dead and cold, but they will need to become enlivened.

I think the trap of needing new technology to propagate economy, an economy who's rate of growth is not only governed by consumerizm, but also by the capacity and speed of computer chips.

This trap leads science to serve the purpose of maintaining a material world of our own design, while ecology itself is depleted and destroyed... Hello? ... and the treasure of life is disregarded in the mechanics of geometric modeling.

I agree, ask of the presence of perception, to redirect questions, to ask far more eloquent questions of the universe, with the understanding that all questions lead from one: 'who am I, and what is my place in the world?'.
Old 16-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Schrodinger said that the universe responds to our method of questioning. It is rarely pondered.

One is born into a great mystery, and with a child's curiosity starts putting everything in his mouth, the greatest experiment EVER! LoL.

It is the direct experience of life and of living, and I don't know how sciences became dead and cold, but they will need to become enlivened.

I think the trap of needing new technology to propagate economy, an economy who's rate of growth is not only governed by consumerizm, but also by the capacity and speed of computer chips.

This trap leads science to serve the purpose of maintaining a material world of our own design, while ecology itself is depleted and destroyed... Hello? ... and the treasure of life is disregarded in the mechanics of geometric modeling.

I agree, ask of the presence of perception, to redirect questions, to ask far more eloquent questions of the universe, with the understanding that all questions lead from one: 'who am I, and what is my place in the world?'.

You're in a trap Gem - get out, get out as fast as you can!

Old 18-01-2012, 05:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
You're in a trap Gem - get out, get out as fast as you can!

any future personal assertion will be reported to admin.