Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 29-02-2012, 04:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
To me, one can only believe as long as they haven't experienced their true Being, if you have experienced your true being, or God if you like, then why would you continue on believing, you don't need to believe in something that you know, belief is for those who don't know.
but question is, can belief be a path?
Old 29-02-2012, 04:53 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
This post stood out to me the other day and today I read something by Peter Russell that when put together with this seemed to open my eyes a little more about this thing called consciousness. Believe it or not.....seeing clearly what consciousness is, is new to me.
I can see that consciousness is what is aware and that it is the self that is the same for all now but I was thinking that it evolved "in humans".
This excerpt from an article by Peter Russell explains clearly that it always existed in all sentient beings...just that it was limited by evolution itself.
Interesting.........to me anyways, but yes this consciousness which is us, is evolving and the beauty is that now as humans we can direct it as oppose to it being random.
James

"If all creatures are conscious in some way or other, then consciousness is not something that evolved with human beings, or with primates, mammals or any other particular degree of biological evolution. It has always existed. What emerged over the course of evolution were the various qualities and dimensions of conscious experience -- the contents of consciousness.
The first simple organisms -- bacteria and algae -- having no senses, were aware in only the most rudimentary way: no form, no structure, just the vaguest glimmer of awareness. Their picture of the world is nothing but an extremely dim smudge of colour -- virtually nothing, compared to the richness and detail of human experience." Peter Russell
http://www.peterrussell.com/SCG/EoC.php
Hi James: It is my understanding, based on my experiences, that Consciousness evolves through we/us/Life, AS we/us/Life.. that it experiences itself as itself, in multiplicity.. in the brief cosmic interval of the rational human mind's self-awareness, it has realized its relationship with itself, and it is intoxicated with the limitless potential..

Be well..
Old 29-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
As I like to say... There's no need to believe in the sun when it's shining on you.

Xan
Love it :)
Old 29-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker108
but question is, can belief be a path?
Hi Thinker,
May I put my 2 cents in, too?

I would say belief is a step on The Path.

And when a person, bless their heart, has had no experience -
belief is like an open door of welcome.

Belief is like tea and cookies...
while hope and waiting in stillness is like flowers for the Guest...
with the covers turned down.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi James: It is my understanding, based on my experiences, that Consciousness evolves through we/us/Life, AS we/us/Life.. that it experiences itself as itself, in multiplicity.. in the brief cosmic interval of the rational human mind's self-awareness, it has realized its relationship with itself, and it is intoxicated with the limitless potential..

Be well..

I can see this very clearly myself. In fact once it became clear, very clear, I find it clearly seen everywhere. (Like when you buy a Volkswagon and then start seeing volkswagons everywhere...lol)
The thing is, and I am not sure what you feel about this, but this consciousness experiencing itself thru we/us/life, AS we/us/life, IS LIFE...... just as we/us/life are life.
It isn't the infinite or the source. It isn't something we return to. It is life and it is evolving, thru us, with direction as oppose to random in the beginning.
This life is a mystery in regards to it's beginning but the need for it not to be a mystery has also become quite clear to me.
It is not enough for the human condition to accept the truth of existence, which is life, including consciousness, evolving, being, living.

James

Last edited by BlueSky : 29-02-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 29-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Master

I agree.

Unfortunately many people remain on that step

believing that belief is all that's possible for them.

My suggestion: Just keep going.

Xan

Old 29-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

I agree.
Xan
Exactly...also what you are saying regarding prayer on that thread...

Well, I would take out that word ''unfortunately'', tho - that's just 'me' ---
I find it all to be ''ok'', if not even perfect -
all in good time things unfold..
can't take the skin off a snake before it's ready and all that...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-03-2012, 04:13 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I can see this very clearly myself. In fact once it became clear, very clear, I find it clearly seen everywhere. (Like when you buy a Volkswagon and then start seeing volkswagons everywhere...lol)
The thing is, and I am not sure what you feel about this, but this consciousness experiencing itself thru we/us/life, AS we/us/life, IS LIFE...... just as we/us/life are life.
It isn't the infinite or the source. It isn't something we return to. It is life and it is evolving, thru us, with direction as oppose to random in the beginning.
This life is a mystery in regards to it's beginning but the need for it not to be a mystery has also become quite clear to me.
It is not enough for the human condition to accept the truth of existence, which is life, including consciousness, evolving, being, living.

James
Hi James: Yes, It IS Life.. and, its 'direction' is to continue living.. If it appears to have any goal beyond realizing its limitless potentials, it is only an appearance based on the 'path' behind us.. ahead is a future that is based on probabilities according to the consequences of the past, but.. every choice we make rewrites that future, and choosing based on conditioning adds to the appearance of a deliberate goal..

I do not have a need for Life to not be a mystery, in fact.. the 'mystery' is the unknown, and we/us/Life are the vehicles through which the unknown is made known.. the Cosmos is an infinite and eternal field of potential, a journey of realization without a destination.. every individualization is a variation of of the limitless potentials available, we are each a variation of Source, functioning as Life living itself.. there is no beginning or end, just changing scenery on the journey with no destination..

Be well..
Old 01-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi James: Yes, It IS Life.. and, its 'direction' is to continue living.. If it appears to have any goal beyond realizing its limitless potentials, it is only an appearance based on the 'path' behind us.. ahead is a future that is based on probabilities according to the consequences of the past, but.. every choice we make rewrites that future, and choosing based on conditioning adds to the appearance of a deliberate goal..

I do not have a need for Life to not be a mystery, in fact.. the 'mystery' is the unknown, and we/us/Life are the vehicles through which the unknown is made known.. the Cosmos is an infinite and eternal field of potential, a journey of realization without a destination.. every individualization is a variation of of the limitless potentials available, we are each a variation of Source, functioning as Life living itself.. there is no beginning or end, just changing scenery on the journey with no destination..

Be well..

Thank you. I see the same exact thing....................all around me...if I understand your words correctly. I appreciate being heard and I recognize that all along you have been saying this. It is only now that I can hear you..............I understand why and it is that understanding that opened my eyes.

Blessings, James
Old 01-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
would say belief is a step on The Path.
I agree, Miss Hepburn, belief is a step
Quote:

. Nice and truthful suggestion