Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-05-2019, 02:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
This is controversial but I don't believe Jesus ever existed. There was no written records by the roman writers and the Jerusalem writer Philo at the time Jesus was supposedly there. The first writings of Jesus began around 400ad. Now I find it pretty amazing that someone so revolutionary isn't written about until 400 years later... There are also plenty of myths and legends with a similar story to Jesus, for example Attis, the Pagen god, born 25th dec to a virgin mother, died and was resurrected 3 days later etc, this was about 1250BC this story is. This is symbolic of the sun gods the ancients used to worship, 3 days after the winter solstice, when the sun is at its weakest (or died) is 25th December (sun ressurected)

Now what I find strange is Jesus has a place in spirituality for a lot of people, is he a demon/ archon deceiving? Or is he the manifestation of peoples beliefs?

Let me know what you think guys :) Like i said though there wasnt a dude called Jesus in this supposed time that he was so what are your thoughts? :)

I expect there were many teachers and preachers that lived at that time that did not make it into any surviving history books. That does not mean they did not exist, just that they did not make enough of a splash at that time. Did Jesus exist? Well the answer is obvious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-w...interpretation

And of course Jesus exists today, in a countless variety of forms and interpretations. The poor Christians have the camel and the eye of the needle, while the rich Christians preach the gospel of prosperity and judge the poor as sinners being punished by god.

Spiritually, I think Jesus is (as is the case with any god), among other things, a mirror providing a reflection of one's self. One's beliefs about Jesus are filtered based on one's own beliefs about what is good and what is evil. Just as religions are created from and a reflection of the societies in which they arise, and they continue to evolve over time just like any ideology does as those societies change.

Jesus's central teaching, peace, love, and compassion, is more aligned with Buddhism than it is with the many versions of Christianity that claim him as their founder in the west. I tend to view Jesus (based on that central message) as an example to strive for, an evolved or ascended master figure.

But of course, whatever the "truth" about Jesus may be, what one is striving toward, is an image created within one's own mind, based on one's own beliefs and understandings.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:58 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
This is controversial but I don't believe Jesus ever existed. There was no written records by the roman writers and the Jerusalem writer Philo at the time Jesus was supposedly there. The first writings of Jesus began around 400ad. Now I find it pretty amazing that someone so revolutionary isn't written about until 400 years later... There are also plenty of myths and legends with a similar story to Jesus, for example Attis, the Pagen god, born 25th dec to a virgin mother, died and was resurrected 3 days later etc, this was about 1250BC this story is. This is symbolic of the sun gods the ancients used to worship, 3 days after the winter solstice, when the sun is at its weakest (or died) is 25th December (sun ressurected)

Now what I find strange is Jesus has a place in spirituality for a lot of people, is he a demon/ archon deceiving? Or is he the manifestation of peoples beliefs?

Let me know what you think guys :) Like i said though there wasnt a dude called Jesus in this supposed time that he was so what are your thoughts? :)

I expect there were many teachers and preachers that lived at that time that did not make it into any surviving history books. That does not mean they did not exist, just that they did not make enough of a splash at that time. Did Jesus exist? Well the answer is obvious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-w...interpretation

And of course Jesus exists today, in a countless variety of forms and interpretations. The poor Christians have the camel and the eye of the needle, while the rich Christians preach the gospel of prosperity and judge the poor as sinners being punished by god.

Spiritually, I think Jesus is (as is the case with any god), among other things, a mirror providing a reflection of one's self. One's beliefs about Jesus are filtered based on one's own beliefs about what is good and what is evil. Just as religions are created from and a reflection of the societies in which they arise, and they continue to evolve over time just like any ideology does as those societies change.

Jesus's central teaching, peace, love, and compassion, is more aligned with Buddhism than it is with the many versions of Christianity that claim him as their founder in the west. I tend to view Jesus (based on that central message) as an example to strive for, an evolved or ascended master figure.

But of course, whatever the "truth" about Jesus may be, what one is striving toward, is an image created within one's own mind, based on one's own beliefs and understandings.