Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 20-12-2010, 03:49 PM
mac

channelling

This piece is work-in-progress, part of an ongoing attempt to simplify and clarify it and other often confused and confusing issues. Critique and comments are encouraged.

Questions are welcomed and suggestions to improve it are invited.

Channellers and channelling

Channelling is a word which has gained popularity over recent years. Channellers claim to communicate the words of discarnate entities, some or most of whom have not had earth existences. Although some of this seems similar to mediumship, it often seems very different.

One common aspect is that evidential communication seems rare. Communicators do not appear to have familial or close friendship links to the receiver. They may be described as Ascended Masters or variously named angels and archangels. Although one channeller may claim her/his communicator as a personal 'guide', another may act simply as an uninvolved go-between.

In the last situation, there is a similarity with certain 'teaching' mediums, those whose communicators offer general advice on spiritual issues rather than personal evidence of survival.
Old 20-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Master
This is a nice thread. I hope we get a lot of diverse perspective about this subject.

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 20-12-2010, 07:03 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
This is a nice thread. I hope we get a lot of diverse perspective about this subject.

Thanks,
John

thank-you, John.

I look forward to suggestions for improvement.
Old 22-12-2010, 08:51 AM
Master
Hi Mac,

I myself like this description.

Quote:
About Channelling...

From Lee Carroll I want to take this opportunity to speak of channelling in general. It is often misunderstood as something spooky and weird and I'll bet you have certain friends that you would never tell.. that you were looking at this web page! Some feel it is evil, and many don't want anything to do with it. They would rather stick to other information that isn't channelled (they think).

Channelling Definition: The divine, inspired words (or energy) of God as imparted to Humans by Humans.

A complete detailed explanation can be found at the bottom of the page at this link.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25b.html

I also like to encourage diverse idea on this subject. Since I focus on telepathy myself, I tend to understand that the process for both are similar.

Thanks,
John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 22-12-2010, 09:18 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi Mac,

I myself like this description.

A complete detailed explanation can be found at the bottom of the page at this link.
http://www.kryon.com/k_25b.html

I also like to encourage diverse idea on this subject. Since I focus on telepathy myself, I tend to understand that the process for both are similar.

Thanks,
John

[/b][/font]

"The divine, inspired words (or energy) of God as imparted to Humans by Humans." One problem with this is that is a highly-defined and specific claim rather than covering channelling in its wider sense.

As the authority of the source of such ideas can not be substantiated, neither could the ideas which are claimed to be, quote: "of God"

The Kryon channellings have been discussed elsewhere on these boards.
Old 23-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Experiencer
I like the more open ended definition that you started with Mac, in fact one source that I find to be particularly helpful to me is a channeling from an entity that is still incarnate rather than being discarnate. This entity appears to be from a different time and planetary race but channels through a "past life" entity here.

I suppose since EVERYTHING is a part of god the Kryon statement can be accurate but I agree that it actually blurs the definition too much. The source I like would also appear to challenge the "to Humans by Humans" part though.
Old 26-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Snapdragon

Hi, I am a medium and channel. I do readings profesionally throuh a reiki/new age shop.
The channeled messages I receive are more of a spiritual nature mostly from angels, which I share.
In my readings it is generally more medium work, messages from deceased loved ones, or guides. These messages are often validated through the person I am reading for.
There is not much difference between the two and I kind of draw the line between the two based on the source I am connected with.
I feel that both can be of great use in assisting people.

Love Tracy
Old 26-01-2011, 11:27 PM
themaster

Your definition tends to skip these ideas.. mac

When a actor plays a character that is channeling..

When a author downloads a book that is also channeling..

When a painter.. ”paints inspired” that may also be channeling..

I dare to guess that many inspired scientists may also be "channeling"..

Also there seems to be a trend now to stop identifying channeling with entities.. because as I have studied "new age" I have learned that not all the thoughts in our head are "ours" whether we understand that or not.. in such as pieces of advice/imaginations may be passed to you by your other selves, guides, angels and simultaneous incarnations.. (not to mention parents! )

I think the channel Steve Rother introduces a new idea of not only do we all channel.. (well, most channels say this!) but that channels do not need labels/identifiers/names
Old 27-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Ivy

'channels do not need labels/identifiers/names'

Yes, I agree with this. It is the message within the channeling and how a listener chooses to use it that matters, not who/where/what it has come from.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:27 AM
Master
Hi Mac

I can only go by my own experiences .... maybe every-ones is different?
A channel is the person that receives information and relays it.. Its that simple to me. Hopefully they are aware and receiving from right source. There is no "you attach so to speak" its about healing, aiding and assisting positively.
Just my brief opinion for you post.. Mac :)

Its all about Love!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

The power of the divine
can not be captured
Nor defined
Because of our reality
And limited minds ...

An ode LOL

All the best on your thread
love and light

:)

Last edited by Smiler : 27-01-2011 at 09:35 AM.