Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-06-2014, 10:18 PM
Master

Because we like to idealize things. We like to know that there somewhere are that mystic woman or man who fills all our needs. Why anyway we have to deal with normal relationships when we can fantasize about this one and only? And so we become so obsessed with that.. and we like to talk about it..

etc etc

LOL
Old 12-06-2014, 02:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I think it is quite a sensible statement based on facts.
To believe in something which cannot be proven, now that would be asinine.

Depends on what you mean by "proof". Don't confuse the trendy hype surrounding the term from the actual nature of said relationships as people have to deal with them on a day to day basis.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 12-06-2014, 06:26 PM
Guide
I can only speak for the reason I joined SF and started posting in Twin Flames/Soulmates Section first was because I was experiencing something ( this intense relationship/love with a man i barely knew, yet I did know, that had brief encounters with) no amount of rational or logical thinking in me could justify yet there it was, my whole views and my complete understanding of the world, the universe, my Self get turned inside out and scattered all over the place to paraphrase AQ. And it wasn't like I had a choice. This was just happening to me - no explanations ! I'd never heard of TFs and I stumbled across this website and you can not fathom my relief to see that somebody else was experiencing the same thing- that I was not deranged and that people could actually relate and help each other emotionally - the only other person in my life who could have ever understood what I was going through was him and we couldn't help each other. Now I have friends who understand, now I am a totally different person and now I can venture to the other aspects of this forum I'm interested in :)
It really was an intense period and emotions were high and it was just nice to have that safe space to air out the laundry or just to support others, gain perspective and ultimately heal!

I completely agree that it has become a buzzword, which is terribly sad because it completely undermines the whole experience. But I also think it can be used as a shield or a way to feed one's ego. And they can get tetchy. But everyone with a grain of intuition can see through all the bull right?

Yes, sometimes it get idealized into a fairytale and this perfect relationship but the love that is present IS real. For me it's the only real and most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. Doesn't make it any less than the love everybody else feels? Absolutely not. Just for me, it is the ultimate feeling of love I've ever felt. All I can speak of is my own personal experience and I've grown to love myself unconditionally, spiritually, emotionally, responsibly and in so many ways in such a short space of time and it was overwhelming at the time and all I could think about and I found the forum such a huge help :)
Old 14-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
Well, I have to wonder if there is more activity there because people who are dealing with a perceived separation or longing for something/someone are more apt to talk about it and try to find answers, while people who have someone they feel content with are more prone to just be content and not discuss.

When I was researching the twin flame concept because Spirit basically dropped a book in my lap one day, I started talking in there and sharing my journey and comparing. It soon became clear that I was on a journey of introspection while others were spending a great deal of time trying to figure out the other person.

Don't get me wrong. I had my moments.

I don't talk in there much anymore. I'm studying it all more from a physics perspective now.

Yep, I had the whole TF experience too, it blew my world apart and it never went back together the same way again...... and I know now it won't.
Like you I've landed in the physics field, quantum physics to be more specific, and also in the psychic ability arena.
The answers aren't found in the other person.
Old 30-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Raven Poet

Hey, I just re-visited my OP today.

Wow, what a lot of freakin' smart people here. Seriously! A lot of self knowing, spiritual wisdom, intelligent analysis, and compassionate understanding. I really enjoyed coming back to this after a brief distance and reading what you all have said.

I'm so lucky to be part of this. Thank you everyone.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:32 AM
Master
I just think that the Soul mate & Twin Soul Thread seems to be what the majority of members are interested in is because Everyone (including myself) is looking for the love and connection that we all possess in ourselves, so let's just forget about the two terms for a minute, Because for the most part people don't even know what a Twin flame is nor the definition of it , it's based off one's interpretation of the word, what I do know is that human kind was meant to be with someone, Genesis even state in the bible or Qur'an that Man meaning (we weren't meant to be alone). So take it from that it's how we're are weird if you prefer the opposite or same sex the bottom in line is that you automatically are attracted to that person, it hurts when the other person isn't romantically attracted to you but in a way you still draw them in. I know that people when having feelings for Two People a lot of times it's seen as taboo because society says you can't possibly be in love with two people it's not plausible. But I have read plenty of stories about having love triangles, they can be filled with turmoil because sometimes everyone gets burned in the process
I think you can Love more than one person it's just that the love you have differs from each individual. I don't know about experiencing some of the signs like 11:11 because I have not but that doesn't mean I don't believe in a soul mate or Twin soul. Rather you believe in the Terminology or not there is no denying that we each have the same question of finding them and if they're out there.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Imo, I believe because these titles are associated with love, and love is simply a powerful subject, so powerful, we want to put a label on it.

Old 31-08-2014, 06:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Hi. I just noticed something - as in I really looked at it and let the facts sink into my brain.

The Soul Mates/Twin Flames part of this forum has 6,000+ threads; the Love & Relationships part has 1,100+.

How come? Any one have any theories, hypotheses, or just general hunches about some possible reasons?

Ravens are curious, as you might know ...

I'm not intending to infer anything. Just would like to hear what my SF companions think about this. Thanking you very muchly in advance!

it is fashionable to have a twin flame rather then just an ordinary partner.