Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 13-01-2018, 02:26 AM
Experiencer

what exactly is a spirit animal and does everyone have one?

thanks!
Old 13-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Experiencer
I'm not sure on the exact definition, someone else will be able to give more detail than I can, but my take on a spirit animal is they act as a guide to us.

I was speaking to Lynn about this the other day, actually. I am sure she and others will chime in with more information.
Old 13-01-2018, 06:26 PM
Master
A spirit animal is just that, an animal in the Spirit Realm. Going a bit beyond that, you can say it's the spirit representing it's respective physical animals. For example, Snake (as the spirit animal) represents all of the physical snakes.

I believe everyone has spirit animals for guides and healing. Those kind of animal spirits are from wild animals as opposed to domestic animals. If you connect with a domestic animal, then I would suspect another purpose for it to be in your life.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 13-01-2018, 06:38 PM
Master
My best understanding currently is that it represents an Energy with a particular definition in the Greater Consciousness Construct.

Meaning if humans of earth decide that a Monkey represents "silliness, flexibility, mischievousness, curiosity and exploration" and enough people and societies feel that way then that goes into sort of an Akashic Records as a mass collective description.

So if a person like you or I has a personality type that attracts entities which have those attributes we ascribe to a monkey we might then sense/see/percievve the person has a "Monkey Spirit Guide".

In my experience it doesn't mean that Spirit Monkeys are actually a persons animal guide, but whatever the energy is that's attracted to the person is a line up from a human perspective to an energy similar to what we've prescribed as being a monkey's 'gifts/attributes'.

Example: People often see lions/cougars around me and fairies and also crystals. For whatever reason my personality seems to attract energies/entities with qualities we've described as belonging to Fairies, Lions and Crystals. To me though those are just useful metaphors based on a human perspective from the 3 dimension, planet Earth third ball from the Sun perspective - to describe entities with those energy signatures. What those energies actually are...who knows, we can't actually know what they are from our very limited current perspective.....We are in Plato Cave describing the shadows on the wall.
Old 13-01-2018, 07:05 PM
Master

I am of the understanding that most have some sort of primal energy that can take on a human form; though some might have celestial energies instead. Sometimes I wonder what a human exactly is, and if it is anything at all other than some gateway between worlds. Oh that is probably a whole other topic haha
Old 13-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Experiencer

thanks guys!

very interesting perspectives. seems to make a little more sense to me now : )
Old 13-01-2018, 10:51 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
I am of the understanding that most have some sort of primal energy that can take on a human form; though some might have celestial energies instead. Sometimes I wonder what a human exactly is, and if it is anything at all other than some gateway between worlds. Oh that is probably a whole other topic haha

I read a book on Atlantis, regarding what edgar cayce readings had to say about it. Apparently when we pushed ourselves into matter or into animals some people really got trapped there. Like there were actual mermaids and centaurs and all kinds of wierd looking humanoids. Apparently the Atlanteans were more advanced then the other souls that were having some probelms. Anyway from what you say not sure if its related or not. I am curioud about spirit animals as I have heard about my guides etc but never about a spirit animal.
Old 14-01-2018, 05:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraIndigo

thanks!

A spirit animal is an animal that we feel a special connection to.

Depends on who you ask, everybody has different beliefs. IMO yes we all have one, but not everyone is advanced enough to recognize what their spirit animal is. Mine is bear.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Master

There is an idea that we like all animals are an extension of Gaia, so our ability to experience life is not really our own, but comes from her. Think the Gnostics call her Sophia, so we are an extension of a greater wisdom through which the rivers of spirit flow. From our perspective we call this life, and create all sorts of ideas what it might be, but like we call two rivers different names because they run through life differently, so does we likely also come up with different idea of what everything is. Wisdom is our True Guide, and since animals usually is quite submerged into this world / wisdom, they seem to be very excellent at guiding our spirit through the waters of life

Haha not sure I kept on subject there. @shivatar says something very interesting. In that sense I am a Cheetah
Old 15-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Master
When I think of spirit animal I usually am thinking of Power animal, which as far as I have been taught, read and found is an animal personal to an individual and like a representation of the individual. Power animal reminds of the Native Medicine.

A person's personal medicine. My belief has always been never to tell another of your power animal, or medicine.

As far as spirit animals or guides a lot of what I have read about them has been online, and it is usually said when dreaming, meditating etc, if a spirit animal comes to you it is helping you with something along your path. At least that is what is said. I personally take spirit and power animals to be two different things entirely.