Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 04-04-2012, 02:51 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
My opinion is our work in this world (physical) is assigned to us before we are born.
We progress from that work when we reach spirit.
it's all a matter of learning something new each time which hopefully will benefit us through the long haul of (physical and spirit) life.

Is your opinion based on anything you've read or heard from respected sources of afterlife information?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Experiencer

Let me dig around and throw you some quotes.

Jim
Old 05-04-2012, 03:26 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Is your opinion based on anything you've read or heard from respected sources of afterlife information?

Mac,I have read many sources of respected afterlife information.

That doesn't mean I have to accept what those sources say.
I don't even make notes of what I have read,I read what interests me.
Some of what I have read makes sense,some doesn't.
Some even sounds like a fairy tale to me.
Some makes a lot of sense.

My primary interest is the truth of of what real spiritualism is.
I don't think anyone has convinced me yet.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
Let me dig around and throw you some quotes.

Jim

I'm all ears....
Old 31-08-2012, 11:00 AM
bobby24

If you want to understand and realize what spiritualism is I strongly recommend to read a crossing or the drop's history by Anatoliy Obraztsov. I'm a beginner. I tried a lot of books to understand what it is. But, I found a crossing or the drop's history is the easiest. Reading thins one sometimes you'll think that the author is your father or mother. Very intelligible book.
Old 31-08-2012, 11:17 AM
deepsea

A book we can understand,thank God!
Sounds interesting.

Deepsea
Old 26-09-2012, 11:23 AM
bobby24

It's a your inner feelings...
Old 26-09-2012, 04:45 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby24
It's a your inner feelings...

Spiritualism (not spirituality) is fundamentally the understanding and acceptance that life goes on beyond corporeal death and communication through mediumship with those who have passed over.

Beyond those simple notions (simple but many struggle to accept them) there's a world of other issues which can be considered in light of ideas given by teachers and guides generally accepted as being spiritually-evolved.

Those related issues can be the most intriguing but understanding them is not necessary. One may take from the table whatever one wishes; as much or as little.
Old 26-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Juanita

spiritulism, spiritism, spiritual all have to do with "spirit"--your own or someone elses.....you can be a spiritualist without being a Spiritualist--meaning a church or organized group......It is the belief in spirit and the belief that we can communicate with those on the Otherside...you don't necessarily "need" a Medium to communicate, but a gifted Medium is very helpful....It is about proving the continuity of life after death.......spirituality, on the other hand, is getting connected with your own spirit/soul--your higher self........