Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madein71
i think because i had read the book first i felt that Julia Roberts wasn't a good match for the leading role .... i just didn't find her believable =(

I can understand that.
It's like you had created a strong connection to the book.
Created images and other sensations from the words, and the movie was different to your creation.
Your inner reality of the book clashed with the outer reality of the book(the movie being another person's interpretation of the book)
Old 09-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Worst recent movie LOL I saw in the theatre ( not that new lol ) . Paranormal Activity.

OMG there was a baby carriage in the entry hall way that was the SAME in the wheel postition in every SINGLE shot. NOW having kids ( and there was one in this film) I know well that there is NO WAY when ye bring the stroller in ye can get the wheels in the exact same place every time. Even if ye wheel lock the back, the front still pivet.

I do not know why they so do not think that one's that LOOK at such footage in life do not see the HOLES in it all. I know well its "entertainment" but it gives one's that do the work from that pure place of trying to help bad image.

Most times for me TV or a Movie is on in the house for the kids and is background noise I rarely am clued to the screen....tell me there is not much GOOD out there to see.

Lynn
That's a continuity issue.
All movies, even big budget ones have these gremlins in them.
There's a few web sites dedicated to exposing how many mistakes are in them.
Being immersed in the movie, i usually don't see these glitches till after a few viewings, unless it's a huge plot hole or something like that.

I prefer music as background noise.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Though if you look at it. There had to be some way to make Anakin the chosen one with the force. Symbiotic's would probably of been one of the only ways to accomplish that and be believable. And I agree that there is poor writing when you have these characters that are supposed to be tough and all, but then die in a quick fight. Like Whiplash in Iron Man 2. That was the only real bad thing with that movie. Was the build up to the final fight was not a good climax to the story.
For me, it sucked the mystery, the supernaturla out of it.
Instead of a wise old Jedi Master intuitively knowing if the force is strong in someone,
all they gotta do is use their Tricorder probe and a number shows up showing how much force one has in them.

I watched Iron Man simply 'cus of Robert Downey.
Didn't like the look of the sequal though and most likely will never watch it.

The Dark Knight...the slip into overexaggerating the gizmos.
Granted, driving on rooftops was a bit extreme in Batman Begins, and Batman hanging by the cable in the train sequence,
but there was too much in Dark Knight.
And Two Face was too humanly impossible. It's stuff like that that forces me out of the immersion of the movie experience.

Quote:
More bad movies. Many of the Jack Black movies are terrible. Such as Nacho Libre, Year One.
I've only ever seen him as a lead in Year One and I still laugh at each viewing.
Have not seen any others as him as lead, though he's great in Enemy of the state, High Fidelity.(supporting roles)

Transformers was pretty good, but only for these two things...
Shia LaBeouf, of course. been a fan of his since Holes, and the humorous dialogue.

But seeing Megan Fox lying seductively on the hog in the second one as she was painting it was enough for me to stop watching it.
Really bad product placement. The product being sex.
And he's making a forth !

After watching The Island, it occured to me that Michael Bay is a master of the B grade.
Minimal story and character depth, obvious sexual innuendos, explosions, action.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
If I ever went to the movies or rented one, I always watched the entire movie...until I rented I believe it was called The Producers with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick. 15 minutes and it was out of the DVD player.

White chicks...omg...what was I thinking...

The Weatherman, The Family Man. Broken Flowers w/ bill murray.

I'm trying to think of an actor/actress that I can't tolerate to the point that I won't watch their movies... I should say I'd prefer not to watch their movies... I

Cameron Diaz
Jennifer aniston
Ben Stiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Never saw T3 but T1 and T2 are 2 of my favorites.

I understand your objection to Cameron and Jennifer but not Ben - I have a crazy crush on him ever since seeing him in Mystery Men - a classic.

Well Nathan Lane ain't no Zero Mostel and Matthew Broderick definately ain't no Gene Wilder.
And Uma Thurman as a sexy swedish secretary...no way !
Though i imagine Will Ferrell could do an excellent job with character who wrote the play.

Only from looking at the cover of White Chicks...yes what we you thinking Sarian. ~smiles~

I like The Family Man but could not get into The Weatherman.

Yeah, Ben Stiller, I am huge fan but some of his movies I cringe even from watching previews.

T3 was a rehash of T2 , plot wise, but had lost the magic of Cameron.
T4 was set in the future during the war with the robots, but, again, good visuals, tight script but no magic like T1 and 2.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Henri77

Ironman 2 , while Downey is similar in both...
has possibly the best sci-fi movie villain of the decade

Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko is superb.... brilliant, relentless, yet we still feel for him. And he's far more interesting-complex than Tony Stark.

not since Roy Batty (Rutger Hauer) (Blade Runner) ... can I recall such an interesting, complex villain... one who we still empathized with

there probably are others (in a sci-fi film) but those 2 I couldn't help but love , empathize with. Now that's good writing.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Henri77

OH yeah,,, movies we hate
Just came across Southland Tales ,, with the Rock & Sara Gellar.

One of those movies you wait till it finally makes some sense, and then ya just give up, after an hour.... pretty interesting scenes , that made absolutely no sense together... and I returned the DVD to Netflix.

There may have been a story in the script, but I couldn't see it on the screen.
Old 16-04-2012, 03:23 AM
Master
Oh, good god, anything with 'the rock' in it has to be bad. lol... which reminds me of "The Pacifier" and AC if you are still with us for a time still...the horrid movies I've watched like White chicks... My daughter would rent movies and coax me into watching them with her...oh, the agony... I've seen plenty of really bad ones...
Old 16-04-2012, 03:40 AM
Master
Zoolander
Jack and Jill...........ukkkkk.....lol

these two top my list, but there are so many more.........
Old 16-04-2012, 07:39 AM
MaliMarie

Any movie with Jim Carrey in it has to be a no for me. He's not funny, just obnoxious. Same goes for Will Ferrell with the exception of Megamind.

I normally sit through every movie I rent or wee in theaters, but i have never made it past the 25 minute mark of Lord of the Rings.. I throw my hands up, shout "DONE!" and leave the room.

I enjoyed the Paranormal Activity movies (though they weren't believable) simply for the game I made up with my husband. We try to see who can spot the mistakes (or the demon) first.. mostly we find mistakes lol.

Harry Potter is on my absolute favorites list. It was my childhood after all :). But I wasn't impressed with the last movie at all. The books were better.

I hate Twilight too. It bothers me that there are so many things going wrong in so many different places. I get they have a ton of money but they shouldn't be able to fly to Italy so easy.. How did Bella get a passport to get on the plane? Another question: Why do they sparkle and how can I get them to stop?
Old 16-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliMarie
Any movie with Jim Carrey in it has to be a no for me. He's not funny, just obnoxious. Same goes for Will Ferrell with the exception of Megamind.

Well, Kate Winslet MADE this one special, with her tangerine hair, heartbreaking beauty-personality... see it if you haven't .....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
but Jim Carrey was quite quite moving as well ... possibly the best romantic comedy of the decade

He is much like early Steve Martin was ....silly-goofy..... and I finally got to appreciate Steve when He began more subdued roles like The Spanish Prisoner.