Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM
Soul Searcher

Color Significance of a Blackbird?

Hi everyone

So at the moment (finally taken a lifetime of experiences, and 2 years of constant 'hints') i'm definitely going through a Spiritual awakening.
I'm delving deep down into myself, questioning, and wanting to carry on helping others which I live for.

During my time this morning at home, I was relaxing back on the couch and daydreaming in a trance and a small blackbird perched outside the window. It really caught my attention as we never see birds around here, and it just stared at me for a minute or so through the window. It was really surreal but I know had a meaning, as the other day I was by the window a blackbird hit the glass and looked back at me before flying off.
Never had this sort of thing with birds happen in my life before..

Any idea of the significance of this? I did some reading up that blackbirds are a good omen, and of great meaning to people when they appear in this way, bringing an important message during your time of heightened awareness..?

Any further info would be lovely! Thankyou
Old 03-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Experiencer
Hi Inquisitive

I looked up blackbird in Animal Speak by Ted Andrews...this is what it says...
He says the keynotes for blackbird is "Understanding the energies of Mother Nature" and that the "Cycle of Power is Summer"

He also says "If the blackbird has come into your life as a totem, you will open up to new surprises and to a new understanding of the forces of Nature as they begin to migrate into your life."

As well, Apparently when the blackbird appears it helps to increase our awareness. It asks you to acknowledge your power.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM
Soul Searcher

Smile Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstar
Hi Inquisitive

I looked up blackbird in Animal Speak by Ted Andrews...this is what it says...
He says the keynotes for blackbird is "Understanding the energies of Mother Nature" and that the "Cycle of Power is Summer"

He also says "If the blackbird has come into your life as a totem, you will open up to new surprises and to a new understanding of the forces of Nature as they begin to migrate into your life."

As well, Apparently when the blackbird appears it helps to increase our awareness. It asks you to acknowledge your power.

Hi Ravenstar

Thanks so much for looking that up for me! I thought it definitely would be along those lines.

There's so much spiritually happening around me right now it's crazy, feeling totally overwhelmed. The lastest is these blackbirds that keep coming to the window and staring in at me, as much as it's so fascinating it is a little eerie! Haha.
I guess I just have to take these changes and go with it...

Peace & Light

~Nadine~

Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Master
I had a wee male blackbird chasing two fair sized females this morning in my garden,,

The females were having none of it, they just hopped away, faster than he could hop after them lol!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 03-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Master
When I think of black birds, I think of crows, but I see some smaller black birds, what are they? From the time I was young, I'd always see three crows. they'd caw each morning and seemed to follow me. I know that's not true, but it seemed like it, different birds, but always three that hung out near me. Even to this day, three crows. Where I go to run on this nature trail, there are crows and I swear they follow me about and let me know they are there. I always speak. I often wondered it it meant anything.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Master
Crow are all black, including the beak,, There are also ravens, which are bigger than crows,,,

Blackbirds are smaller with a yellow beak

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Pathfinder
In my culture, it is said that the blackbird was a princess whose husband had died and she was so struck with grief, that she asked to be turned into a bird (!?). Hence the bird's black color (the color of mourning) and her folk name: thievish/clever widow. Her beautiful song is both one of grief and of joy/hope.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Soul Searcher

Interesting theories

They've still been surrounding my house for days now, I can't leave without one trying to dive into my head or something lol!

I've grown to like them now, especially the cute baby blackbirds!

~Nadine~
Old 12-04-2013, 06:29 AM
jaydonc

Oh god this is serious these three birds are following you from long time, you may be in danger.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Soul Searcher

Question Huh?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydonc
Oh god this is serious these three birds are following you from long time, you may be in danger.

Serious danger?? lol. And just how do you come to this conclusion?.....
Blackbirds are said to represent a good omen, and encouraging spiritual & psychic abilities

Nadine