Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 13-12-2014, 09:53 PM
Deactivated Account
I'd be careful with this. If you create new astral relationships and spend too much "time" with them instead of allowing yourself to astrally see ahead on your timespan and balance your life with your concrete relationships, which may be a part of your real destiny (and by destiny I only mean 'future') here, the concrete world may swing back around and bite you big time. Because all of those people/spirits are real and legit too. Just my .02, from someone who's messed around with this a little. It didn't end pretty.
Old 13-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Just to add, I'm only referring to the freezing time/spending too much time in the astral part. Don't you know who you are messing with when you freeze Time? Just don't forget your physical body, that's all I'm saying. Good luck. :)
Old 13-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Moon
Don't you know who you are messing with when you freeze Time?

Death?????
Old 14-12-2014, 01:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actualization
My daily life is lame and monotonous.
That is an internal issue. Making your life more interesting and varied is dependent on you doing things differently day to day. That is not other’s responsibility.
Quote:
I don't understand people and the irrational decisions they make and thus i choose to stray apart from people.
I hear you on this. People are irrational and since they like it that way are unlikely to change.
Quote:
You see my problem is that I don't like the company of many people, and I like to astral project.
You see to be confusing dreaming and astral projection. Though some see them as the same I see them differently. Dreaming is largely your own imagination, projection is interactive with other beings.
Quote:
Is it possible to have a double life in your dreams in which you could meet up with other astral projectors or subconsciously create "ideal" friends and people to spend time with.
If you don’t like ‘people’ what makes you think you will like astral projecting people any better. If you ARE astral projecting, the why not make friends with all the numerous other types of beings out there. Surely you can find a few species more to your liking.
Quote:
Is it possible to take it as far as to live a separate love life in your dreams.
One CAN have a separate love live in dreams or while projecting.
Quote:
Robert Monroe claims to have spent 100 years in the astral world in a single night by "freezing" time. If it is possible to experience a much longer period in the astral/dream world does this not make my original concept much more possible?
Time in other dimensions/plane does not pass at the same rate as it does here. IT may be faster, slower, or just inconsistent compared to Earth.
Quote:
Could this be a way to live a double and more meaningful life?
Doable, yes. Living life in another place(s) does not make it more meaningful. Meaning comes from the quality of life (as determined by what you value).
Quote:
Could mastery of Astral projection be the key to seeming immortality as you experience 100 years of life in a single night?
100 years is hardly immortal. You can ‘extend’ your experience by traveling and not monotonously doing the same thing over and over again.

You seem to be overlooking a key thing here. Both dreaming and basic astral travel still depend on your physical body. As such, neglecting the needs of the body will prevent extended travel. While you have a body, you have to attend to its needs. That doesn’t mean you can’t do a lot of astral projection. It does mean you will have to interact with the locals at least somewhat. There are some practices that eventually allow one to take or transform your body to other places; ascension comes to mind.
Old 14-12-2014, 01:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
There are some practices that eventually allow one to take or transform your body to other places; ascension comes to mind.

Yeah, but when was the last time you heard of someone ascending their literal physical body from one dimension to another?
Old 14-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Actualization

Quote:
That is an internal issue. Making your life more interesting and varied is dependent on you doing things differently day to day. That is not other’s responsibility.
I hear you on this. People are irrational and since they like it that way are unlikely to change.
You see to be confusing dreaming and astral projection. Though some see them as the same I see them differently. Dreaming is largely your own imagination, projection is interactive with other beings.
If you don’t like ‘people’ what makes you think you will like astral projecting people any better. If you ARE astral projecting, the why not make friends with all the numerous other types of beings out there. Surely you can find a few species more to your liking.
One CAN have a separate love live in dreams or while projecting.
Time in other dimensions/plane does not pass at the same rate as it does here. IT may be faster, slower, or just inconsistent compared to Earth.
Doable, yes. Living life in another place(s) does not make it more meaningful. Meaning comes from the quality of life (as determined by what you value).
100 years is hardly immortal. You can ‘extend’ your experience by traveling and not monotonously doing the same thing over and over again.

You seem to be overlooking a key thing here. Both dreaming and basic astral travel still depend on your physical body. As such, neglecting the needs of the body will prevent extended travel. While you have a body, you have to attend to its needs. That doesn’t mean you can’t do a lot of astral projection. It does mean you will have to interact with the locals at least somewhat. There are some practices that eventually allow one to take or transform your body to other places; ascension comes to mind.

Your quite good at analyzing but allow me to elaborate a bit. My days are monotonous do to the time management I practice to ensure all of my overwhelming assignments get done in an efficient and orderly fashion. I don't get along with people because of the ignorance many carry. This could be because I am still in high school and many of the attendants seem to follow many of the unfavorable media trends, but I am wise to know its obviously not everyone in the world, but the people I have met. I choose to stray from these people because I don't want nor need any bad influences to stray me from my journey to success and bliss. People whom astral project tend to have a better sense of spiritualism, balance and rationalism for obvious reasons of course, which is why I feel as though I can get along with people who enjoy such practices. Robert Monroe claimed to have had a "dream" if you will, that lasted 100 years or at least seemed to. They say time is an illusion, so even if it feels like 100 years where it may not be, Imagine every single night dreaming for such an extended time or feeling every night. You could experience so much in such little time , thus my theory for a way to experience temporary immortality( yes its a paradox but I hope you understand what I'm saying). Also, not once did I state that I am neglecting my human body nor try to imply it. I hope you don't mean that astral projection damages the body. One could live a healthy life style( as I systematically do) and still practice Astral projection every night. As far as ascension goes, my level of intelligence does not correspond with the topic.
Old 14-12-2014, 06:30 AM
Actualization

I would like to thank everyone who responded and those who continue to respond.It's interesting and valuable to hear everyones opinion on this topic. I thank all of you fine astral projectors, for taking the time to write back. Thank you!
Old 14-12-2014, 07:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Your quite good at analyzing but allow me to elaborate a bit. My days are monotonous do to the time management I practice to ensure all of my overwhelming assignments get done in an efficient and orderly fashion. I don't get along with people because of the ignorance many carry. This could be because I am still in high school and many of the attendants seem to follow many of the unfavorable media trends, but I am wise to know its obviously not everyone in the world, but the people I have met. I choose to stray from these people because I don't want nor need any bad influences to stray me from my journey to success and bliss. People whom astral project tend to have a better sense of spiritualism, balance and rationalism for obvious reasons of course, which is why I feel as though I can get along with people who enjoy such practices. Robert Monroe claimed to have had a "dream" if you will, that lasted 100 years or at least seemed to. They say time is an illusion, so even if it feels like 100 years where it may not be, Imagine every single night dreaming for such an extended time or feeling every night. You could experience so much in such little time , thus my theory for a way to experience temporary immortality( yes its a paradox but I hope you understand what I'm saying). Also, not once did I state that I am neglecting my human body nor try to imply it. I hope you don't mean that astral projection damages the body. One could live a healthy life style( as I systematically do) and still practice Astral projection every night. As far as ascension goes, my level of intelligence does not correspond with the topic.
I haven't gotten far on ascension either.

I was one of those total outcast kids that didn't fit anywhere all through grade, middle, and high schools. I was picked on mercilessly. What I can tell you is I went to my 10 year high school reunion. It cured me of all those things you are complaining about. All those social people that I had nothing in common with hadn't made much of their lives. Most of those outcasts had done quite well in the intervening decade. I was able to see that not having anything in common with the crowd though painful was actually a good sign. P.S. I don't consider myself 'better' than anyone just different.

I have done very extensive OBE and quite advanced lucid dreaming (neither have ill health effects). They both provided valuable insight along spiritual lines and led to benefits in the physical world.

I have not attempted to stay in any alternate locations for extended periods. I am more interested in variety or visiting with a specific purpose than taking up residence. A few days of perceived time is about as long as I have experienced anywhere else.

Escaping from other worlds is apparently how I got here. Frankly, it's not an improvement.

I experience time dilation and time slips several times a week.

So, yes I do understand. I try to speak from my experience. That does not mean that your experience will ever be like mine, you are a different being.

It's going to take a few more years to establish who you are in the world. Slowly you will get the necessities of life in order and find a place far less caustic to who you are.
Old 14-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Master
It occurs to me to ask where you have been going during your OBE? Have you visited your other incarnations, your over-soul/higher self, the creator of this universe, beyond manifest reality, realms of little but consciousness, to see the 'white light' of unity? There is way more out there than you can explore in a single human lifetime, or any lifetime for that matter. The Toltecs even warn of the dangers of endlessly exploring. Seems like you ought to be able to find somewhere suitable for your purpose with intent directed journeying.

The above was asked because you seem to be trying to stay 'close to home' (with other humans). I am not sure if that is your preference or because you didn't know there are alternatives.
Old 14-12-2014, 10:37 PM
Actualization

Quote:
It occurs to me to ask where you have been going during your OBE? Have you visited your other incarnations, your over-soul/higher self, the creator of this universe, beyond manifest reality, realms of little but consciousness, to see the 'white light' of unity? There is way more out there than you can explore in a single human lifetime, or any lifetime for that matter. The Toltecs even warn of the dangers of endlessly exploring. Seems like you ought to be able to find somewhere suitable for your purpose with intent directed journeying.

The above was asked because you seem to be trying to stay 'close to home' (with other humans). I am not sure if that is your preference or because you didn't know there are alternatives.

I haven't explored to much. I always stay on earth as it hasn't occurred to me that I could explore further from earth. I wouldn't know where to go, and I wasn't aware that other species of life exist( if you are referring to beings living on different planets). I am not sure if I would be ready to meet them, but for the most part I usually spend the astral with my spirit guides and the astral beings that I happen to meet. Though I am wary of the possibility that some beings can be deceitful. The farthest Ive gone is flying around earth in space, though the memory is a bit foggy.