Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Our earthly lives are just for a season. And it's not the length (in years) of the life, but what you do with it.

As for your question, you have to view this from a spiritual perspective. Maybe a person does great work as a social reformer, or in service of the poor and needy.
Maybe even they incarnate as a child who dies young of some terminal disease, yet despite their pain and suffering always wore a smile.
Quite apart from any good they themselves may have done, by their virtuous lives, by their good example, they inspire many and lead such as those into Service. So through their life and death they have brought much good into the world and continue to do so long after they have gone.
Through Service the soul is advanced - and to advance the soul is the meaning and purpose of life. So even though their earthly life may have ended abruptly, even at a tender age, their life was a glorious thing and in the spiritual context, not a "tragedy" at all.

PS: As for those foolish enough to choose to walk the path of evil. Life is governed by certain eternal and inescapeable spiritual laws. The main one being that our actions have cosequences. 'The present makes the future' is an expression you may have heard of.
Some people may get away with doing cruel & evil things, or seemingly so, but it will all catch up with them at some point, in this life or the next.

Well I could say that at least my uncle's death seemed to bring some awareness of the people going through the same experience, unfortunately sometimes people have problems with their long term memory and another similar death has to happen for them to remember...

Here's hoping! No, I see what you are saying, I really hope if they don't get their punishment here they will get it "elsewhere".
Old 07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Seeker

i read somewhere....

"the good die young.......and those whose hearts are dry as the summer dust,burn to the socket”

i could never forget these lines.....dont know who said it though......

the good,i feel ,are already more evolved and dont have much learning to do,they are here because of soul understandings and go as their time is up......

but then again,each story is different and each of us is here with our own agendas and we cant generalize about such things......there are very kind and gentle souls who do live to a ripe old age,though few and far between i feel.....

just ramblings i guess...........
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris
i read somewhere....

"the good die young.......and those whose hearts are dry as the summer dust,burn to the socket”

i could never forget these lines.....dont know who said it though......

the good,i feel ,are already more evolved and dont have much learning to do,they are here because of soul understandings and go as their time is up......

but then again,each story is different and each of us is here with our own agendas and we cant generalize about such things......there are very kind and gentle souls who do live to a ripe old age,though few and far between i feel.....

just ramblings i guess...........

Not ramblings, and even if they were sometimes the biggest of truths and deepest knowledge can come from "ramblings"!

I looked your quote, it was in a writing by the poet William Wordsworth. Very nice.
Old 13-02-2012, 02:15 PM
StrawberryFieldsForever

Immortality: "It is impossible to be conscious of being unconscious.”

It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious from your own perspective. You cannot be aware of not being aware. You can be less aware/conscious (sleep/coma), but not completely unconscious (dead), because time would stand still for you. A billion years could pass, and you would not know it.

It is not possible to be aware of any gaps in life; it is continuous and never-ending from your own point of view.

We know our bodies die, and know consciousness cannot, thus our consciousness (what we are) cannot be our bodies. Energy cannot be created or destroyed and neither can consciousness. It just changes form.

You will die physically, but you will be born again; being born happens, or you would not be here now. You were born into this life. It is what we know happens. There is no evidence anything else happens.

Death and birth are a continuous event from your own perspective.

Search "truth contest" on Google, Click the 1st link and open The Present.
Old 21-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
My mom is dying. We didn't have the greatest of relationships. But was she a bad person? Not really. She had a side to her with a heart of gold, but the flip side was different. I don't know why it is that way, but it is. She's still my mom and I love her immensely. My dad is a wonderful, wonderful man, my role model in many ways... he's got his own health issues. I feared he wouldn't make it out of last year, but he is a fighter and he sprung back to life it seems. Mom doesnt have what dad has, but she has lung cancer, so it makes it harder. She's about 70 pounds now. Startling to see her. Dad called me a bit ago and said she's getting worse and we'll have to bring her bed down stairs. So I'm going over there shortly to get her out of the house and tend to some of her needs and see about re-arranging stuff. Anyway, I think it's all just that we are looking at those that are dying or died. My daughter's boyfriend died in 2009... he was a spitfire, but a real good kid. Sadly tragedies happen all the time...we never know when our time of this life is up.

So sorry to hear it Sarian, bless your mum and you and your family xxxxxx
Old 21-02-2012, 04:48 AM
Master
Why do good people die?.....because love is unconditional, Consciousness doesn't discriminate between good and bad people, we do that.
Old 21-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Brandon

I feel like death is the good persons reward. you are a good person, you are worthy of death.
Old 22-02-2012, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suikagirl
Why is that good people and/or those who want to live die or are killed. But those who only bring suffering and/or want to die keep on living?

Just sharing , nothing will stay on , nothing will remain the same , everything changes , change is natural , change / evolve / discovery / knowing / experiencing is a process of realization......so life or death or survival is a natural process of realization of ownself ....................
Thks
CSEe
Old 01-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Celeste

The good are just lucky enough to leave this world early, this valley of tears. In an astrological chart, there are often a lot of grand trines, in such individuals.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Deactivated Account

I guess you are all right, those that move on are now in complete peace and happiness.

I guess the unfair part is for us who are left without their company, or best said with our communication with them "interrupted".

Maybe now the questions shouldn't be "Why do good people die?", but instead "Why do good people suffer violent deaths". Although you could attribute this to a prior-to-incarnation choice.

Is hard when you are on the other side, with a different perspective from the one that goes away, the ones that have to go through the grief stages and be left "alone".

Everybody should tell others how they feel about them, I always regret not being able to tell him what I wanted, I had to say it to him in the coffin, I always thought that I was going to have the chance to say it to him in person, but that wasn't the case. I hope that he knew that I saw him as a father, not just an uncle.