Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-09-2011, 01:57 AM
Master
I'm posting this NDE story because it's typical of many I have read. It's from another site with a lot of information, research reports and personal stories - http://IANDS.org

No Words for the Presence

I was in a motorcycle accident at age 18. I have no memory of the accident or of many days following. I was in a coma for about 10 days. I had head injuries and was given a million to one chance of survival. I did not actually die and I don't think I ever stopped breathing. My experience occurred at some point in time before I regained consciousness.

I was aware of the presence of a friend of mine that had died approximately 10 months previously. He was communicating to me that there was nothing to be afraid of. I was then aware of a "presence." There isn't a way to describe it in words. The best available word is "light." The presence communicated with me, asking what I wanted, did I want to stay (in my life), or come. I can't explain where or what the non-life choice was. I wasn't afraid. I communicated that I would like to return to my life but that I would be ok with leaving too. I say "communicate" because there weren't actual words. I knew that there was going to be an answer. It seemed like there was a pause. Then there was the experience of an answer. I would return to my life. I was aware that by staying in my life, I would be caught up in all the emotions, worries, and challenges of life. That was part of being in this world. I was also aware that, in the other place these worries did not exist. I knew too, that this knowledge would fade.

After I woke from the coma, I sometimes thought I might have made the wrong decision. In the early days, when I was recovering, I thought, "If I can't handle this, I can just kill myself." I told my mother about the experience but had never heard of NDEs and did not share it with anyone else. I was astounded when I read Moody's book a few years later.

Xan

Old 14-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Master
Found but Lost (excerpts)

One nurse shared with me that she was reading a book on near-death experiences. But I thought that was stupid because there is no such thing as death; it is only transition. Your body may die but your essence sure doesn't.

I have come to learn that there seems to be two sides to consciousness. The physical one we call the brain, which lets you mentally read, tell time and know how to communicate with others. Then there seems to be another one that is not physical but the "knowing" part of your essence or consciousness.

I spend the majority of my time on this side of consciousness. You can't explain it mentally but it just seems to exist. I believe it exists for everyone. Some don't believe in it. Others who do believe don't know how to tap into it.

- http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts.html

`

Old 16-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Master
Sphere of Universal Communion - excerpts

Minutes after they placed me on the emergency room table and fit an oxygen mask over my face, I felt my heart stop beating and took my last breath. There was a brief pause while my personality grew puzzled that I did not gasp for breath nor seem concerned that my body had just died. I was suddenly cradled in my higher soul and catapulted, for that is the only word for it, catapulted, wide awake, out of my body and into the sphere of universal communion.

My whole life, it turned out, had been practice for the moment of dying: my higher soul stepped forward, speaking reassuringly about how it had been through this so many times before. While my lower soul, this lifetime’s personality, went mute in the face of the vast unknown. My higher soul catapulted with one last sigh of joy and gratitude. What a glorious Creation!

Once I had experienced what it feels like to recognize myself as a sphere of aware light in the bodiless state, I found I had become sensitive enough to perceive myself as that same sphere of communion here with a body. And, sensitive enough to recognize that everyone else is a similar sphere of aware light, as well.

- http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/729-sphere-of-universal-communion.html

Old 16-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Master
Still Vivid 40 Years Later - excerpts

While lying on the examination bed, I remember coming briefly to consciousness, though I wasn't able to open my eyes. I was in a significant amount of pain; it hurt to move. The next thing I recall was being above my body and looking down at it. I was completely free of all pain. In fact, I recall feeling wonderfully light and whole. I saw my parents sitting next to the examination bed holding each other. My mother was crying. I felt a deep compassion, but I knew in some way that they would be fine, even with my being gone.

The next thing I recall was being in a void or in space. It was as if I turned around and went from the physical world into some other reality. I had a vague sense of a tunnel, although that's not the right word. It was more of being pulled along a direction or path. I quickly became aware of someone, or some being, next to me. It was definitely feminine, and it seemed to embrace me with an inexplicably intense love. She seemed vaguely familiar, but full of comfort, peace and joy. We communicated in some way that didn't require words... I recall asking questions and coming to know so much. Of course, I don't recall what that knowledge was, but I still have the impression that during the experience, I knew more deeply than is possible in this life.

Even now, in middle age, I find myself continuing to search for ways to express compassion and love for others because I know (not just believe, but know) that this is what life is meant to be about. I trace this all back to that experience.

- http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/718-still-vivid-40-years-later.html

`

Old 16-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Master
Love will Happen Today - excerpts

It was a few days before I remembered my NDE. It so puzzled me. I went into complete darkness. As one person who had the same experience told me it was velvet dark, and I said, "YES!" It was velvet dark but as I write as a mortal I cannot put into words how peaceful, warm, protected, pain free, and most of all physical and emotional pain did not exist. I said earlier that I was so puzzled that I didn't see lights, tunnels or loved ones who had crossed over, none of that. I believe God gave me the perfect heaven.

Because of my conservative religious background the darkness puzzled me. I would have said before that darkness was evil and light was good. However, I would have been so wrong. I still can think of it a few minutes and go back to that place in my memory of the great protection and love.

- http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/702-love-will-happen-today.html

`

Old 17-09-2011, 01:23 AM
Master
An NDE during Child Birth (excerpts)

At first, I wondered why were lights shining in my eyes. Then I realized I was immersed in a white light all around me. I asked to please send me back to be with my new baby.... I don't know why I knew to converse with the light. It just felt right. I then felt my form of energy snap back into my body. I felt pain and heaviness again. It was like slipping back into an old shoe.

My life has not been the same as before the experience. I used to fear the unknown death experience. Now I know there is nothing on earth like the love that is felt in that white light. I am looking forward to someday experiencing that feeling again. In the meantime, I see the world as a different place than before.

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/709-an-nde-during-child-birth.html

`

Old 17-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Master
My Spiritual Enlightenment (excerpts)

At this point, I moved through the dark void of the black tunnel which I found very frightening because I didn't know where I was going, but then saw a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel. I "knew" it was heaven. When I arrived in the light, which was of a beauty that words cannot describe, I was enveloped in love. The love too was beyond what one could ever experience while on earth. I was not aware of any beings per se but "knew" I was in the presence of God. That is just what it was; being in the presence of; a "knowing" sense; not a visual being.

I had a very quick life review and "curiously" realized that the children I fought so ferociously to be with to raise now seemed as insignificant as childhood toys. Everything took on a different perspective in that other realm. I was given the knowledge of the universe which filled me with wonder and amazement. (This knowledge is not kept when you return to the earthly realm.)

Looking back over the years, the experience has helped me tremendously. I usually feel a wonderful inner peace almost all the time, and lack a fear of death. Our brain or our consciousness is our soul which is what goes on forever and expands in the other realm. It is our eternal essence and is only housed very temporarily in our bodies. From the perspective of this other realm our bodies become completely insignificant. Their significance is only of the earthly realm.

While I enjoy life and feel life gets better with each passing year, I feel a longing to go home and not infrequently am jealous of those who pass on. I have compassion for loved ones who are left behind but find it very hard to grieve for anyone who has died. In honesty, its impossible for me to feel grief for the one who has passed.

My faith is rock solid, and I find at times I have a certain "knowing" about things that I cannot explain. I believe in miracles and angels or spirit guides and pray frequently everyday and throughout the day; it is ingrained and a complete part of my life. My prayers consist of talking and listening and giving thanks for all my blessings of which I believe I have many. Church, when I can attend, is a treat. I do not see it as a necessity.

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/707-my-spiritual-enlightenment.html

`

Old 17-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Tammy

Oh i am loving these NDE encounters, i have never been on this page before, (i am kicking myself!) it really is comforting!!!!
Old 18-09-2011, 01:33 AM
Master
17 Near-Death Experience Accounts from "Beyond the Light"by P.M.H. A****er (excerpts from #13)

Their statements 'We're losing her! We're losing her!' frightened me and I'd get ****ed all over again.

The scene changed and I was no longer in that room. I found myself in a place of such beauty and peace. It was timeless and spaceless. I was aware of delicate and shifting hues of colors with their accompanying rainbows of 'sound,' though there was no noise in this sound. It might have felt like wind and bells, were it earthly. I 'hung' there - floating.

Then I became aware of other loving, caring beings hovering near me. Their presence was so welcoming and nurturing. They appeared 'formless' in the way I was accustomed by now to seeing things. I don't know how to describe them. I was aware of some bearded male figures in white robes in a semicircle around me. The atmosphere became blended as though made of translucent clouds. I watched as these clouds and their delicate shifting colors moved through and around us.

A dialogue softly started with answers to my unfinished questions almost before I could form them. They said they were my guides and helpers as well as being God's Messengers. Even though they were assigned to me as a human and always available to me - they had other purposes, too. They were in charge of other realms in creation and had the capacity of being in several places simultaneously. They were also 'in charge' of several different levels of knowledge.

I became aware of an ecstasy and a joy that permeated the whole, unfolding beyond anything that I had experienced in my living twenty-five years, up to that point. Even having my two previous children, whom I wanted very much, couldn't touch the 'glow' of this special experience.

Then I was aware of an Immense Presence coming toward me, bathed in white, shimmering light that glowed and at times sparkled like diamonds. Everything else seen, the colors, beings, faded into the distance as the Light Being permeated everything. I was being addressed by an overwhelming presence. Even though I felt unworthy, I was being lifted into that which I could embrace. The Joy and Ecstasy were intoxicating. It was 'explained' that I could remain there if I wanted; it was a choice I could make.

There was much teaching going on, and I was just 'there' silently, quietly. I felt myself expanding and becoming part of All That Was in Total Freedom Unconditionally. I became aware again that I needed to make a choice. Part of me wanted to remain forever, but I finally realized I didn't want to leave a new baby motherless. I left with sadness and reluctance.

Almost instantly I felt reentry into my body through the silver cord at the top of my head. There was something skin to a physical bump. As soon as I entered, I heard someone near me say, 'Oh, we've got her back.'

http://iands.org/nde-stories/17-nde-accounts-from-beyond-the-light.html

`

Old 18-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Master
17 Near-Death Experience Accounts from "Beyond the Light" by P.M.H. A****er (excerpts from #17 - Mellen-Thomas Benedict)

In 1982 Benedict was diagnosed as having inoperable cancer.... One morning he awakened knowing he would die the next day, and he did....

Just as he reached the light at the end of the tunnel, he shouted, "Stop a minute. This is my death and I want to think about this!" By consciously intervening, Benedict willfully changed his near-death scenario into an exploration of realms beyond imagining, and a complete overview of history from the Big Bang to four hundred years into the future.

Instantly he was pulled by light away from the tunnel, far away from earth, past stars and galaxies, past imagery and physical realities, to a multi-angled overview of all worlds and all creation, and past even that to the edge of existence where vibrations cease. He saw all wars from their beginnings, race as personality clusters, species operating like cells in a greater whole. By merging into the matrix of his soul, he confronted the "NO THING" from which all things emerge. Benedict saw planetary energy systems in detail and how human thoughts influence these systems in a simultaneous interplay between past, present, and future. He learned that the earth is a great cosmic being.

Benedict was aware of "walking" back into his body after deciding to return from his journey; as near as anyone can determine his experience took about ninety minutes. His doctor's assessment, though, was the most shocking - the cancer he had once had completely vanished.

"Because this happened to me my fear is gone, and my perspective has changed. You know, we are a very young species. The violence that formed the earth is in us, too. As the earth is mellowing, so are we as a people. Once pollution slows, we will reach a period of sustained consciousness. We have evolved as life forms from single-celled organisms to complex structures, and finally to a global brain. Employment levels will never again be as they once were, which will force a redefinition of human rights.

"We will adopt a more nurturing type of consciousness, freeing the mind for exceptional achievement. I now know that all the answers to the world's problems are just beneath the surface in US ALL. Nothing is unsolvable."

http://iands.org/nde-stories/17-nde-accounts-from-beyond-the-light.html

`