Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Dilchannan

Supposed to happen at 6pm May 21st EST. Than for 5 months it will be basically hell fire and brimstone on earth..LOL We are having a party for it..Don't need to many excuses to throw a party hehehe.
Old 20-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Than for 5 months it will be basically hell fire and brimstone on earth

... then light refreshments and a summary of the news?
Old 20-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I find this more interesting. That a person would put themselves on the line (knowing the fallout).

Like you say, especially those that have given him money. No wait, why would you give money to him when it's all over today? What would he want money for? Am I missing something? Has he been around for years?

I tend to come into these threads because I am slightly fascinated as to why one of us (the human race) does this kind of thing. It's so 'out there' and exposed. I wonder if they are not totally rational. Mentally. And don't really appreciate or understand the side effects of being wrong.

I guess they either thought they wouldn't need the money, or felt it was their duty to help spread the word. It's interesting that Camping has made two predictions in his life. The first one did not come true. The second one is pending. Yet, people believe that he will be right this time.

Why do they follow it you ask? Because they want to, or even need to. They want to believe that such a place as their "heaven" exists and they want to get there. They see this life as being so hard, or cruel, that they want to get out of it anyway possible, and only know of this way. They only have one concept of "heaven" and know there is only one way into it. So they put all their hope into this actually happening.
Old 20-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Knower

The Big Day…

Okay, I did a quick search on 5-21-2011. So far I have found only one worthy of sharing a link with

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...le=21_Our_Milk

and it got me thinking…

** I spoke with the Creator a little while ago and was told I could file for an extension.

** Can I opt to be put on the Left Behind list?

** Since I have a five month time slot to work with… I can make my own hand basket!

Hugs, hope and blessings.
Old 21-05-2011, 01:12 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilchannan
Supposed to happen at 6pm May 21st EST. Than for 5 months it will be basically hell fire and brimstone on earth..LOL We are having a party for it..Don't need to many excuses to throw a party hehehe.

Someone said party??!!
Old 21-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Master
I wonder when the next date is going to be set at, oh well another laugh wont go astray.
Old 21-05-2011, 02:40 AM
Master
This guy Harold Camping has made Lots of bucks with his radio station and those other lucrative ventures. No doubt he will be holding all the account numbers just in case his true belief fails.

Xan

Old 21-05-2011, 03:59 AM
nightowl

Still here...

nightowl
Old 21-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Trace

hello from downunder....we are still alive lol :-)
Old 21-05-2011, 08:46 AM
AmethystDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
This guy Harold Camping has made Lots of bucks with his radio station and those other lucrative ventures. No doubt he will be holding all the account numbers just in case his true belief fails.

Xan

I guess if he really believed it he would give it all away prior to the event, there again if we're all doomed, what's the point, or does he have a bunker somewhere, there again he is 89 years old

Come the hour of doom I sincerely hope that everyone plays R.E.M.'s 'It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)

I'm playing it now and I hope it catches on