Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 16-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Lorelyen

Seems to me at a feet-on-the-ground level, twin-flaming has just become a piece of populist spirituality to describe a relationship or the search for one that forces a person into commitment through a lot of spiritual mumbo-jumbo that adds up to obligation.

The idea has definitely shifted from when I arrived on this forum 4 years ago and wondered what it was all about. I researched. It was an extension of the theosophist dogma that set out certain requirements. They didn't include all this prevarication, pain, anguish and self-righteous cajoling; a frustration that someone will not concur with your beliefs, hopes, demands.

Simply, in Akira's case, one can't be more aligned than the other. Alignment is alignment. If one isn't, there's no alignment. It seems arrogant to expect another suddenly to swap their existing beliefs, behaviour etc., for another on the tenuous basis of things like vibrations, the subject's version of what's negative or not, merely to inveigle them into a relationship.

Like it or not it isn't spirituality to me - ok, just my views - and trying to cloak it in such is spiritually unhealthy.

If someone isn't interested in this stuff, let them be. You can't take over their spirituality. They have a right to go their own ways. A twin flame chaser has no right to expect them to change. The best is to let them learn as they go and why not? They may suddenly fall in with the dogma upon which everything will be all right.

Seems to me, twin flames are possible but extremely rare. I personally believe they entail unconditional love so trying to force a doctrine on a runner is hardly unconditional since the chaser isn't accepting the runner for what they are and loving them for (or in spite of) that.
Old 16-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Experiencer
Need to also discern the term Twinflame as there are 2 clear distinctions that are often referred to as twin flames.
Firstly there is the opposite side of you, the masculine to your feminine, the soul split from creation.
You will only ever have 1 other halve, however as you incarnate & your soul grows, in order to incarnate your soul will need to split, this split of your soul, is you
& will mirror you back to yourself, you may have no mirrors or many mirrors.
They are extensions of your own soul. They are exactly the same as you & will mirror back to you your flaws, whereas the soul split at creation is a far more harmonious relationship as they are the opposite of you. And you complement each other, there is a level of comfort with the soul split that you will never find with a mirror.

Obviously then possible for you to come across mirrors of your true creation split & I’d suggest you would find it impossible to discern as to whether this is the Initial soul split or not, regardless you can find many on your path that you may consider Twinflame.

Old 16-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Lorelyen

Well, you gave the "firstly" but not a secondly.

You see, this is where logic, even the internal logic of spirituality fails - or at least gets questioned. Sure, there's an opposite side to my femininity but it's already there, spiritually (if not biologically) in balance. I presume that's how I can sometimes be assertive, can support my internal warrior, a Martial trait. I wouldn't expect to find this in another entity as it isn't a gap waiting to be filled. I cherish it if only because it surfaces in business matters.

Then, this split soul thing. I've read a few version of how candidates for a twin flame are partial souls only. It questions a founding principle of spirituality - you are born with a soul, a complete one. But ok, if there is allowance for some unfortunate enough to be born with only part of a soul; who are destined to wander until they find another partial soul that notches into theirs then they're complete (as I understood how twin flame worked), then they're the rare case. I also read about how those born with a complete soul needn't feel left out. There'll come a point where their soul splits. It's another variation to me on how to get twin-flaming into the mainstream, to widen a captive audience. How can that happen? Your soul "grows" as a result of your experiences, acts and receipts on the mundane. How or why, then, would it split? That defies the logic of any rhetoric I've uncovered about soul and certainly wouldn't fit a gnostic viewpoint. You may not do as well as you hoped here during a lifetime so once you return to the realm of spirit you're cleansed etc. but your soul is never cut apart.

I think this "your soul gets split" is an excuse to make the ideology seem to work for enthusiasts of the dogma but who weren't of the rarity born with incomplete souls.
If Split soul IS possible I agree with your closing paragraph - you can't know. How would you know? Suddenly feel empty? Bereft? A part of your ontology missing? You've lost self-control? I doubt it. So it could just be someone looking for a new boyfriend to satisfy certain basic drives and having encountered the many "theories" on youtube. Easy to see how someone faced with someone they suddenly fancy as mate and companion in a very Mills & Boon way reckons they can use twin flame wiles to try forcing the other person to commit to their acquired beliefs. For many though it's the ongoing search for Self.

Just my views. In spiritual matters I think it's important to ask in the pursuit of what one's "truth" is.
Old 16-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Knower

@ Flameseeker, what you say, resonates. In fact to me this is what causes my stress right now, if I'm sensing current twin flame is trying to pull too close or likely vice versa then the push/pull. I agree, it is as if time & space is illusion. I didn't realize this during my awakening, so it's as if a re birth.
I am Christian and the bible talks about being a, "new creation." I believe this awakening process is part of that (new creation).

It's neat to me though how if I spend any time with newest twin flame guy, we take our roles on.. it's past/present/future. If any of those 3, past, present, future are not in sync, there is tension. IE, I keep seeing him further away from me in heaven, or at least that right now I'm not able to be what he needs me to be (spending too much time together).. so I think it's to work on current self continually, allow the healing process.