Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-10-2019, 09:22 PM
Newbie ;)

How can I be a successful Christian?

True success is to attain Christ’s virtues in our lives, to come to godly nature. There is nothing more valuable than this! And God promises that it will succeed for us if we obey His Word in our lives, with sincerity of heart. (Joshua 1:8) May we strive to be successful Christians, not seeking to attain things that are great in this world, but pursuing godliness in our lives.
“… as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.” 2 Peter 1:3-7.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Keep in mind to forgive like Jesus, sincere and unconditional. Give thanks for and accentuate blessings, eliminate suffer. he forgives is greatest knowledge- a sanctuary in the mind. No fear, be protected everywhere. Forgive is like a cheat code to make everything better.

know Jesus gives his life to forgive and tune in. people starve, people let food go waste.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:13 AM
Master

Become as a bird in the field. Give no thought for tomorrow. Rescind all temptation. Keep your thoughts pure. Give all your worldly goods away, all you need is your faith in God. Travel the waysides helping all those who need your strength and never doubt - God will look after you always.

It all stands in the Good Book, you should know it.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Submit yourself under the mighty hand of God and resist the devil. He will flee.
The devil is not a factor when it comes to being successful as a Christian. Christ already took care of him, all we must do is to submit. Submit and Fellowship. Those are two great keys to a successful Christian life.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antikai
Submit yourself under the mighty hand of God and resist the devil. He will flee.
The devil is not a factor when it comes to being successful as a Christian. Christ already took care of him, all we must do is to submit. Submit and Fellowship. Those are two great keys to a successful Christian life.
AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Love is the answer

To be a successful Christian means to love like Jesus did and lay down your life for people. God doesn't care about what we do for him, as if he ever needed our help. He cares that we love Him and know Him intimately.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:32 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodsmeister777
To be a successful Christian means to love like Jesus did and lay down your life for people. God doesn't care about what we do for him, as if he ever needed our help. He cares that we love Him and know Him intimately.

I agree "GOD", Jehovah the God of Israel ,(Exo. 6:3), does not need our help. but he DEMANDS our HONOR and we must ACKNOWLEDGE HIM. it MEANS OUR LIVES! because the same God that SENT... Jesus to save mankind, (if they chose to accept). is the same GOD, that Jesus calls the "ONLY TRUE GOD", (John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). NOTICE, Jesus was NOT referring to himself as this God. because he included...."and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

a true or "successful" Christian must love ALL and be willing to die for his brothers. but it's more to it than that. first we must OBEY Jesus Father as he already showed if we want life, (Matt. 7:21 Not every one that said unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that do the will of my Father which is in heaven). NONE of us will know until THE END, whether we accomplished that goal or not ,(Matt. 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endure to the end shall be saved).

Jesus did more than just "Loved" and "laid down his life" for us. him JUST showing love. WOULDN'T have saved us, if he wasn't OBEDIENT to his Father. Jesus wasn't sent just to love and die for mankind. but also to TEACH and set an example of how a true Christian should live ,(Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me). see also (John 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world).

Jesus KNEW not to take part in the pleasures of this world in his day, and neither should we ,(1John 2:15-17 Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever), yet MANY does.

so if we want to achieve the title of a "Successful Christian", by the time the End hits. which would bring us life. we need to try hard and follow in Jesus steps. by do his Father's WILL ,as Jesus did ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). acknowledging as JESUS DID, that his Father is the "ONLY TRUE GOD." NOT follow the ways of this wicked system, and love ALL. peace
Old 13-10-2019, 01:36 AM
Newbie ;)

How can I be a successful Christian?

To be a successful Christian all you need is daily studying of the word of God and prayers to activate your success
Old 13-10-2019, 01:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Yes excatly
Old 13-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:

' He cares that we love Him and know Him intimately '

KNOW THYSELF IF YOU WISH TO KNOW GOD

Self-knowledge is the key to the knowledge of Truth or God. And throughout the ages, all the great enlightened beings taught this.
“Know Thyself” – Socrates
“Examine yourself & understand who you are… Whoever does not know self, does not know anything. But, whoever knows self, has acquired the knowledge of the universe.” ~ Jesus, Book of Thomas (Gnostic Gospels)
“Knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom.” – Lao-Tzu
“This is true knowledge, to seek the Self…To seek anything else is ignorance.” – Bhagavad-Gita
“He who knows himself knows God.” – The prophet Muhammad
“The body is the temple of the gods within you. And therefore, it is said, “Man: know thyself.” – ~ Egyptian Proverb
“Jesus said, ‘When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you shall know that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty.'” – Gospel of Thomas
“Those who know and realize the Self are forever free.” – Katha Upanishad
“All the scriptures tell us one thing: Know Thyself. If you have known yourself, you have known everything else.” – Swami Satchidananda