Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 15-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
;) How do you know that (my highlights)? When you dream you believe that to be your reality. Maybe when you'll die you'll think that the afterlife is the reality ...?

The reality of the organic planetary life is of a "real substance".
And the dream is of an imaginary substance. And any rational person realizes that it was imaginary, after waking from dreamland.

substance. Any material that possesses physical properties is called a substance. The word also refers to the gist or main idea of something. ... Nowadays, we use the word to define someone who possesses honesty and intelligence, or when we examine a message to find its essence.
https://www.vocabulary.com › subst...
substance - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.comuote..

Quote.
imaginary. Anything imaginary is not real: it only exists in someone's head. ... Mythological beings like dragons, Zeus, and Thor are imaginary.
https://www.vocabulary.com › imag...
imaginary - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
Old 15-09-2019, 01:36 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
People have been misunderstanding this for quite a while now. This reality is in fact real it is the person's understanding of this reality that is the illusion I hope that makes sense.

What then, is an understanding of this reality that is not an illusion?
Old 15-09-2019, 01:38 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
The reality of the organic planetary life is of a "real substance".
And the dream is of an imaginary substance. And any rational person realizes that it was imaginary, after waking from dreamland.

substance. Any material that possesses physical properties is called a substance. The word also refers to the gist or main idea of something. ... Nowadays, we use the word to define someone who possesses honesty and intelligence, or when we examine a message to find its essence.
https://www.vocabulary.com › subst...
substance - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.comuote..

Quote.
imaginary. Anything imaginary is not real: it only exists in someone's head. ... Mythological beings like dragons, Zeus, and Thor are imaginary.
https://www.vocabulary.com › imag...
imaginary - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
What are these physical properties of a "real substance"?
How do they arise?
How can one know that these properties are not an illusion themselves?
Old 15-09-2019, 01:40 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Yes your "awareness/mind/the self" has left the body, & this drifting away action happens without conscious thought, you the aware conscious being naturally drifts out & slightly away from the physical body, however you are still here within the physical organic reality.

You did not, or have not, gone anywhere, you are still very near by your physical body. You did not enter another dimention or another reality. You can still move about within this reality & with a little thought you can interact with it.

There is only one reality, & that one reality, "is" the spiritual universe, & the organic physical system resides within the spiritual universe, along side the spiritual Heavens, however, although they reside along side of each other, they are a long distance apart from each other.

& both are constructed of the same spiritual matter, though, constructed differently of that spiritual matter.

What defines the "physical organic reality" vs some other kind of reality... say perhaps the spiritual universe?
Old 15-09-2019, 01:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
;) How do you know that (my highlights)? When you dream you believe that to be your reality. Maybe when you'll die you'll think that the afterlife is the reality ...?

Couldn't they both be reality?
Old 15-09-2019, 01:45 PM
ketzer

Quote:
As far as I know, this reality is as real as the reality I observe during my dream.
Yet for most dreams, they are quite different then waking life. We can do all sorts of things in dreams that we cannot do in waking life. Time and space are often quite malleable in dreams, changing dramatically in a flash. Why is this dream reality so much different then the waking one? Why are we sometimes so much more free or powerful in our dream worlds?
Old 15-09-2019, 01:55 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCore

Does what's real or not even matter?

Perhaps not, but I think what one believes is real can matter a great deal. If one finds themselves on the battlefield of a war, whether or not one believes that the matter composing the bullets is real or not, may make all the difference in the experience one undergoes. An afternoon of playing paintball with your friends is a fundamentally different experience then going to fight in war.
Being in a relationship with someone whom you believe really loves you back is fundamentally different then being in a relationship with someone you believe is just using you for money or sex. Perhaps what matters the most for us is what we believe is "real", regardless of whether or not there is some reliable objective definition of what "real" really means.
Realness is a fundamental quality of the life experience without which everything about life is fundamentally altered. Death is a necessary ingredient to the experience of life.
Old 15-09-2019, 02:32 PM
I wonder of most think matter actually exists!!**
It sure does appear 'real'.
If it didn't, they wouldn't call it an "Illusion". Bada bing!!

**I'm sorry, I am at an advantage...the first time I saw ALL 'this' was made of dreamstuff...I was 8 years old...I was taken
to some altered state...

and 'saw'...then, more times later...and guess what ...no drugs, either. Ha
Tho, I'm not opposed to them to open a door and peak in...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-09-2019, 05:05 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What then, is an understanding of this reality that is not an illusion?
As long as language is attached to it it will remain an illusion but if a person can forget words and language then that person will know
Old 16-09-2019, 10:05 AM
Master
First of all, one has to know / realize what is real in order to compare and relate that to the reality one finds themselves experiencing.

I hear often that this world reality is this or that without knowing / realizing their comparisons ..

If this world reality is real, then what reality isn't? If this world reality isn't real, then what reality is?

x daz x