Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 14-10-2018, 12:10 AM
Administrator
The Ouija Board - Experience

The Ouija Board

What is it; simply put a “tool” that is said it assist one with the communications of Ghosts or Spirits. It is a flat surface board with the A-Z letters of the English alphabet on it, the numerical 0-9, the English word of “yes” and “no” and “HI” and “Bye”. Depending on the board style there can be religious or craft ext. symbols on it as well. Ouija boards have their roots in Spiritualism, which began in the United States in the late 1840s.

How you use one is very simply there is a wooden palm of the hand shaped piece of wood with a direction point on it. This is called the planchette which has small wooden legs on it. This is moved over the surface of the board by one hand or a few hands laying on it. The movement is said to be done by SPIRIT not the hands on it and it will guide you to spell out names, dates or words.

The Religious community for the most part see’s the Ouija Board as a “tool” to bring in the darker or even demonic energies. What it most likely started out as is a simple “tool” for spirit communications. Is it real communication the scientific community has all but written it off as a HOAX, and with that any connections to it bringing in anything that one might call a “Demonic” presence or entity?

Are they safe to use I honestly as a Medium I do not choose to use one now this is not from the fear of the Demonic forces, it is more out of the mere thought that the board brings in the darker energies that are out there. Spirits and Ghosts that are darker in nature will be aware of the board and the perceptions of it at times.

I have used one once and I did not have a good experience with it. This was a very old one that I found in the attic of me Grandmother and I was a teen not aware of what ‘powers’ I held with me.

Having given some of an outline of what the board is from the perspective I learned of them now I will share what happened.

We found one in a thrift store ( yes they are sold in the TOY section for department stores) and thought that it was not good to leave it there. We destroyed the planchette that came with it, feeling OK that will take the power from it. I kept the board as it was a good tool for dowsing.

So I thought at the time, it seems that the same day that we brought the board my Daughter and a friend had played with one. She knows well the experiences and power that is them. Yet like me it seems she has that same "need" to experience things.

She brought in a spirit that is as close to what I would call "demonic" in both the energy of the dead and the living with that darker side. She did not tell us until recently that she had played with one. I have been having experiences in our bedroom that are not nice. Twice I had a man come into the closet when I was getting dressed. The first time he said "Hello Darling" and I was home alone, as Heart was not home. He too never has called me darling. The second time was just deep breathing like he was behind me holding me. Again Heart was not home. I though OK enough this man does not belong. I tried to move him along to no avail.

Turns out I was NOT the one that attracted him to the home, my Daughter brought him in, and it seems she too was having experiences with him. Not wanting to get in trouble she said nothing to us. Heart would keep asking her though what she "had to tell him" as he could sense there was something she was hiding us from knowing.

Last night it came to a head ( yet I am to know nothing about it all ) the board went outside and was blessed and burned. It seems that she confessed to using one the same day we found the one we brought home. So as she never had the board the man attached to the one I had cleansed and kept.

Last night the air in the house so changed, I slept from 11 PM to 6 30 AM solid and I never do that. The air in the house feels free and calm.

She got a lesson like I did when I was a bit younger than she is, that these are not good to use if your very open to the energies of the dead. They are a tool that the dead very much know they can use for the darker activities.

Lynn
Old 14-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Lepus

Hello

Funny you brought this up I bought an ouija board yesterday from Spirit halloween store. It was an exclusive item and I thought the design looked nice so I purchased it along with some tarot cards, black bleeding candles, and tarot table cloth. This makes two ouija boards stored away in my bedroom closet. I don't usually 'play' my ouija board but there are some methods I'm willing to try. There will be a time when I'm ready to have a full ouija board session using the planchette but today won't be that time nor any time soon. I need more experience with banishing entities. However, I was inclined on using a pendulum over my ouija board. It makes commincating much easier and faster than having to spell out each word, so I've heard.

In one of your old threads you mentioned using a pendulum without the planchette. Perhaps it would be 'safer' than actually having your fingers moving a planchette and avert possession. However, someone here on SF claimed to have manifested a spirit via pendulum. The ouija board could facilitate spirit manifestation. But I'm not certain if an entity could actually exhibit via pendulum. If that's the case, I might reconsider until I'm ready.

I thought I'd share this.

Lepus
Old 14-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Administrator
Hello

Yes any tool used with the board can have the same effects. Why Heart burned the thing and told me no more. While I trust in the crystal I choose for a pendulum to be grounded and protected I too know that no one can be forever sure that its strong enough.

Yes you can at times bring in spirits with a pendulum on a board. It most times is what your asking for in a reply. I was not using it to connect with those in spirit but to give me deeper insights to tarot cards I pulled, as the cards made no sense. Now here again I could get a spirit reply that too leads down the wrong answer.

They are sold as a novelty and that is a dangerous thing if you are more open to receive and not aware of that as an issue. Or you bring in something that is not good without knowing anything spiritual.

While I do feel that every tool has a use at times, this includes the boards that are sold that are properly made for divinations and not games. Its like all things "entertainment" is the first rule of thumb here, cards, boards, other tools are just that a tool that adds to your gut feelings of intuition that we all have. We need to listen to our inner voice first and foremost.

I will never have another board but I too have been a part of investigations where they are used, I do not take part with it but I too am not judge and jury on their use or abuse.

Its a grey area it seems that is out there.

Lynn
Old 14-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Knower

A few years ago I would have used a ouija board. In fact I have used them a couple of times in the past. One time I even got it to work - it spelled out the vowels - a,e,i,o,u.

At the time, I thought that if you were in a positive mindset and you asked only for higher loving beings that have your best intent at heart to come through, then only positive loving beings would come through.

I don't believe that anymore. I have read and heard too many horror stories about ouija boards since then. I think they are dangerous and you don't know what kind of entity is going to come through. When you mess with a ouija board you may very well be opening yourself up to negative entities. Which could even lead to spirit attachment which can turn your life into a living hell.

I've had two spirits attached to me for over two years now that I can't get rid of them. And I know other people who are also going through the same thing. So good luck on learning how to banish entities. If you get a stubborn one that refuses to leave, I don't think it's going to be as easy as you think to get rid of them. So far, nobody I've gone to has been able to help me get rid of them. All the things people tell you to do doesn't always work.

My advice for anybody who is thinking about messing with a ouija board is to stay away from it. It is not worth the risk. Read some of other people ouija board horror stories.
Old 14-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Administrator
I don't like them myself and would not ever use one.i have had to do house clearances for people after using them.even though its classed as a toy,it can be dangerous for people to use especially when they don't realise what can come through them.

Namaste
Old 14-10-2018, 10:32 PM
Lepus

Hello

It's essential to say goodbye during every session with a planchette. I would assume the same would apply with a pendulum. Many make the mistake of leaving the ouija board unattended simply because the planchette began moving or when the player asked the spirit to move an object. And allowing it to move an object is inviting them to enter in the mundane which is usually why many homes end up being haunted. I would make sure to have the proper skills and experience to banish any entities before making any contact with the spirit world. Right now I communicate with ghosts via app. I've purchased several from my android. I was thinking of using my ghost communicator app while having an ouija board session someday.

I never understood why many stores sell them and classified as toys for ages 8+. I know here in my state they have them in Toys R' Us. However, the stores are shutting down, and across the country, which is great. Most parents shop online to purchase toys for their children anyway. So they don't have to be concerned about having ouija boards on display in the kids section for anyone to purchase.

I've thought burning the ouija board was never a good idea. I have a couple of techniques in mind on how to remove entities. However, there's one technique or ritual that requires more practice in my end. It's the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram.

Lepus
Old 14-10-2018, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator
The only spirits that are capable of "etheric" energy to manipulate a Ouija board and/or the people using them, are spirits who are in the dense realm near to Earth level.
There doesn't always have to be anything wrong with that, because some Souls do decide to stay for a little while after passing. Some can also re-enter that density to "visit" someone briefly.
But there is a question about why they are there as that's not a Spirit's real home.
Those who hang out there all the time are there for their own purposes. And may have chosen not to go home, for one reason or another.

If it's a loved one -someone really close whom we know, then we won't need a Ouija board. We will sense them, and maybe even hear them -maybe a word or two, and those will be important words. We won't even have to be super-psychic to do that. If they can't get through believe it, they will go through a dream or at the borders of sleep, but they will get through with a word of kindness or advice, or maybe just with their love which is unmiss-able and shows us for sure they still live and love us.

Words of truth and real wisdom from unknown beings via a Ouija board probably aren't going to happen, and instead we get all sorts of characters moving in on us -very much like a railway station at one o clock in the morning, as we sit there saying "does anyone want to speak to me?" The ones who could guide us in decent ways are not hanging out on those denser levels.

That can happen no matter how pure or good or strong we are, or how many prayers we say or blessings we do or incense we burn.
Imagine it....you go to a station at one o clock in the morning and say "does anyone want to speak to me?" then say a prayer and burn some incense (oh and put a blindfold on) And just see who comes up and for what purposes. Those people hang out there in the middle of the night for their own reasons. Are they going to be giving great spiritual advice, or be able to put you in touch with deceased loved ones?
Old 15-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Administrator
Hello

I should maybe be a bit more clear we did not just light the board on fire and that was that. Like all things spiritual it is important that protections are done and that a blessing or spell is used. First was crossing to the the Light anyone that might have come in contact with it being in Spirit. Both the good and not good energies or entities. Knowing it is not our place to place judgements.

Saying a prayer and putting light around anyone that used it before us and anyone that might have tried it in the store before we found it.

Then a full cleansing of the house was done room by room. Again making sure that respects were used to no judge what had come into the home. This is not always easy to do, but it is what is done.

The man / youth is gone from our home now. While a part of me would like to know more about whom he was in life, the intuition in me knows to let that one be, as this one was very troubled and needs the healing of the Light that only the Universe can offer.

Lynn
Old 15-10-2018, 02:14 AM
Newbie ;)

I have had experiences of unsettled spirits mimicking the spirit of a loved one who has passed. Luckily my naivety didn't cause any hauntings. Needless to say, I stay away from the Ouija board and advise anyone who asks about it to stay away as well.

I'm glad you were able to get the spirit out of your home. It was very wise to trust your intuition and let the Universe offer assistance to the spirit.
Old 15-10-2018, 05:28 AM
Master
I am not too fond of ouija boards either. I like to collect but that's about it. Many years back when I was a kid I wanted one and I remember being told it is not something to be toyed with. Now I would advise the same to others. It's not something to be taken lightly.
Dangerous hauntings also happen that are beyond the expertise of simple summoning a spirit or connecting to a loved one. It's not always a simple thing like a blessing or protection or basic clearing.
Protection can be a very tricky thing even for the best of the best. Ultimately it's a personal choice. I would refrain from it because I consider it unnecessary.