Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-10-2019, 12:53 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Just a thought... Ignore me if it seems like nonsensical

I am wondering if your feeling a surge of energy ' Chi ' which arise, expands then dissipates. You are closely relating to movements of Chi which is felt by some in a suspended state between movements in Qigong...

Not nonsensical at all. I know of Quigong and that it's somehow related to facilitating Chi movement or balancing, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Recently I've begun to have all sorts of interesting experiences and not while sitting. One of them is energetic or tingling or vibratory sensations coursing throughout my body, sometimes subtle and sometimes not so subtle. They seem to emanate from deep down in my abdomen and radiate down through my legs, up through my torso, down my arms and up the back of my neck to the top of my head.

If you're interested I also detailed these sensations and accompanying emotions in my "This probably sound crazy but..." thread in the Spiritual Development sub-forum.
Old 20-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Not nonsensical at all. I know of Quigong and that it's somehow related to facilitating Chi movement or balancing, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Recently I've begun to have all sorts of interesting experiences and not while sitting. One of them is energetic or tingling or vibratory sensations coursing throughout my body, sometimes subtle and sometimes not so subtle. They seem to emanate from deep down in my abdomen and radiate down through my legs, up through my torso, down my arms and up the back of my neck to the top of my head.

If you're interested I also detailed these sensations and accompanying emotions in my "This probably sound crazy but..." thread in the Spiritual Development sub-forum.

Chi is stored in the Dantians, the lower is the most important
Old 20-10-2019, 02:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Like merging with The Source? No. It's just a sensation unlike any other I've ever experienced. It's quite unique and and I treat it like any other experience during practice: Notice it and don't engage it. For this one experience not engaging isn't easy. LOL!

If you're interested check out my "This will probably sound crazy but..." post in the Spiritual Development sub-forum. I go into it in detail.

That's hypnagogic hallucinations. The little whisps of dream-like experience between wakefulness and sleep. Some years back I devoted 5 or 6 months to Lucid Dreaming. Dream recall is paramount to the technique and not only did I boost recalled dreams and in great detail to on average between 4 and 5 a night, but I also experienced a lot more hypnagogic hallucinations.

I do the very same thing, I notice it and that's it, when it first happened, it was horrible, I was a child at that time and I could not understand how my body can expand so much that I could not feel any sense of its boundaries...

I will, I am very interested with these things!

Yes, that's the state, the hypnagogic state, somehow I found a way to enter in this state at my own will but I have no idea how I am truly doing it.Do you believe that this state is somehow connected with the inner flow of the universe? I saw some things that were very vivid and I knew things beforehand, for example, with two days before it happened, I knew that a family member is going to die, in my "vision" I saw his coffin and heard his name, two days later he was dead, it took me several other days to make sense.Even stranger than this is that I never knew this man, he was a distant family member... he died of cancer and just few days ago his mother died too... By the way, do you also have OBEs? I have them from time to time, just few days ago I had one but I have this feeling that there's something that keeps me from experiencing more, I used to have at least 5 OBEs every month and they were pretty amazing... I've been thinking that this is somehow connected with our energies and when we have an OBE, we consume a good amount of energy and it takes time to gather that energy again.

I don't know, I am just guessing, you seem to know more about these things.
Old 20-10-2019, 04:36 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Do you believe that this state is somehow connected with the inner flow of the universe?

Like most people I have them sometimes when going to bed or nodding off at work, usually after lunch which doesn't happen now that I work from home. Maybe because I have more freedom for distraction if things get too boring and I get drowsy?

As far as I understand they are purely physiological. There is one lucid dreaming technique called WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming) where practitioners go straight from lying in bed awake into a lucid dream. It's a difficult technique to master and I never did. Maybe you're a natural?

Concerning OBEs, never experienced one but I did have one vision back in '79 whilst experimenting with altered states of mind, which I gave up long ago and wouldn't endorse today. It was a wide awake vision with eyes open. Suddenly and for a brief few seconds I was in a hospital room and my dad was laying in a hospital bed in one of those cheesy hospital gowns. We were looking at each other and suddenly he stiffened and his eyes widened and then he was still.

Twenty years later I was there in real life. He was in bad shape and the family signed a DNR. They removed him from intensive care and moved him to a private room for palliative care and there he succumbed to cardiac arrest while I was holding his hand and we were looking at each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I don't know, I am just guessing, you seem to know more about these things.

If you're looking to me for answers that's like the blind leading the blind. LOL! I'm pretty much clueless.

EDIT: One correction. I did have an OBE, although I always thought of it more as an intriguing conscious experience. When I was in my early 20s I related a story to mom about an event at the family's summer camp. It is my earliest and most vivid memory, bar none. Mom and dad were sitting on opposite sides of the kitchen table, me cradled in mom's arms, and there was one of those ancient radios on the table. The kind that curve upwards to a point. It was approaching midnight and back in those days many radio stations went off the air at midnight, especially in the boondocks. At the stroke of midnight the sign-off melody started to play, a cheesy ensemble of strings, some percussion and a tongue clicking sound of a clock ticking. I started to wail, mom trying to sooth me and dad softly chuckling. My vantage point was slightly behind and over mom's shoulder. She looked at me in shock and said I couldn't possible remember that as I was only 4 or 5 months old.

Now here's what interested me. The awareness I had of the situation then wasn't one iota different than the awareness I have today. I started thinking about it and realized that's the one constant throughout my entire life - awareness. The cells in my body have been replaced many times. My patterns of thought and emotion have changed too. I've forgotten things I knew and learned things I didn't previously know. Beliefs have come and gone, including entire belief systems like Catholicism. The one constant is awareness.

Material reductionism states consciousness is emergent, a product of the brain's complexity. If that's so shouldn't it change along with all the other things brain-related?

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 20-10-2019 at 07:29 PM.