Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-09-2019, 01:20 AM
Knower

More specifically AdInfinite, is paranoid schizophrenia -
Paranoid schizophrenia manifests itself in an array of symptoms. Common symptoms for paranoid schizophrenia include auditory hallucinations (hearing voices or sound effects) and paranoid delusions (believing everyone is out to cause the sufferer harm).
One criterion for separating paranoid schizophrenia from other types is delusion. A delusion is a belief that is held strongly even when the evidence shows otherwise. Some common delusions associated with paranoid schizophrenia include, “believing that the government is monitoring every move you make, or that a co-worker is poisoning your lunch." In all but rare cases, these beliefs are irrational, and can cause the person holding them to behave abnormally. Another frequent type of delusion is a delusion of grandeur, or the “fixed, false belief that one possesses superior qualities such as genius, fame, omnipotence, or wealth." Common ones include “the belief that you can fly, that you're famous, or that you have a relationship with a famous person."

His delusion would be very irrational, because it is of course impossible to attack someones mind or 'rape' them psychically (what a very ugly thing to say under any circumstances, makes me think you should be afraid of this young man) and, you can of course prove that you have never seen him or dated him or had any relationship with him positive or negative. There just is no evidence of anything he claims, other than his many emails. It boggles the mind that in the face of all the evidence the psychosis does not allow the person to see the evidence for what it is.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:32 AM
Seeker
Mother, I am beginning to think you and I may do the same work in real life.

I was just going to send this to Ad. We have a lot in common.

Table 1. Schneider first‐rank symptoms
First‐rank symptom
Definition
Example
Auditory hallucinations
Auditory perceptions with no cause

These auditory hallucinations have to be of particular types:
hearing thoughts spoken aloud
"I hear my thoughts outside my head."
hearing voices referring to himself/herself made in the third person
"The first voice says 'He used that fork in an odd way' and then the second replies 'Yes, he did'".
auditory hallucinations in the form of a commentary
"They say 'He is sitting down now talking to the psychiatrist'".
Thought withdrawal, insertion and interruption
A person's thoughts are under control of an outside agency and can be removed, inserted (and felt to be alien to him/her) or interrupted by others
"My thoughts are fine except when Michael Jackson stops them."
Thought broadcasting
As the person is thinking everyone is thinking in unison with him/her
"My thoughts filter out of my head and everyone can pick them up if they walk past."
Somatic hallucinations
A hallucination involving the perception of a physical experience with the body
"I feel them crawling over me."
Delusional perception
A true perception, to which a person attributes a false meaning
A perfectly normal event such as the traffic lights turning red may be interpreted by the patient as meaning that Martians are about to land
Feelings or actions experienced as made or influenced by external agents
Where there is certainty that an action of the person or a feeling is caused not by themselves but by some others or other force
"The CIA controlled my arm."

But one would have to imagine Ad, that if someone actually believes that you had been sent by spacemen to kill them off, and they remain alive and well and have never even seen you, they are either A. imagining it or B. you suck at it. LOL.
Old 25-09-2019, 01:37 AM
Seeker
Wow, there has been such an amazing response to my questions. Thank you all for taking the time to think about it and share your opinions with me. Everyone has been very generous with the time and knowledge here and I am grateful. I admit, I am coming from a situation like Ad Infinitum. We have had a chance to 'talk' a bit and compare notes, so to speak. It was a one in a life time coincidence that we met on here (and yes, I think it is just a coincidence, not synchronicity or anything else. You know what science says - before it happens it is astronomical odds, after it happens it is just a coincidence.)

Anyway, I am really stuck between wanting to be angry at the person who has been stalking me for all these years and feeling sorry for them and wanting them to get help. Clearly he is ill, and has no one to force him to see sense.. It is painful to hear from the police that there is nothing they can do, that it is legal for someone to email you 2 or 5 or 10 times a day, for years. His right to free speech. I want my right to free silence. I want to be left alone. I want to not be scared for my kids, or my extended family, all of whom have fallen under his wrath and been threatened in his emails. I am tired. I just want it to stop.

Also, thank you. From all of the posts here, if you met this guy, you all would think he was clearly mentally ill and needed help. Even those among you who have posted on the side of spiritual channeling (which I actually believe in and have been to a session), have clear lines and definitions that the mentally ill would not fall into. I am grateful for everything you have told me, it has helped. I am still tired, and my mailbox is still going to be full tomorrow, and there is still nothing I can do to make this man be a better human and get help he needs and stop feeling like he has the right to invade my life. It just does my head in thinking about how someone can believe they have spoken to you, spent time with you, and you have never seen them, and it is entirely inside their head. And they are entirely resistant to getting all of those thoughts out of their head.
Old 25-09-2019, 02:09 AM
Suspended
Seeker

[quote=

Hallucinations. People with schizophrenia might hear, see, smell, or feel things no one else does. The types of hallucinations in schizophrenia include:

Auditory. The person most often hears voices in their head. They might be angry or urgent and demand that they do things. It can sound like one voice or many. They might whisper, murmur, or be angry and demanding.

Visual. Someone might see lights, objects, people, or patterns. Often it’s loved ones or friends who are no longer alive. They may also have trouble with depth perception and distance.

Delusions. These are beliefs that seem strange to most people and are easy to prove wrong. The person affected might think someone is trying to control their brain through TVs or that the FBI is out to get them. They might believe they're someone else, like a famous actor or the president, or that they have superpowers. Types of delusions include:

Persecutory delusions. The feeling someone is after you and means you harm.

Referential delusions. When a person believes that public forms of communication, like song lyrics or a gesture from a TV host, are a special message just for them.

Somatic delusions. These center on the body. The person thinks they have a terrible illness or bizarre health problem like worms under the skin or damage from cosmic rays.

Erotomanic delusions. A person might be convinced a celebrity is in love with them or that their partner is cheating. Or they might think people they’re not attracted to are pursuing them.

Religious delusions. Someone might think they have a special relationship with a deity or that they’re possessed by a demon.

Grandiose delusions. They consider themselves a major figure on the world stage, like an entertainer or a politician.[/QUOTE]

WOW. I never put it all together, but the person I am describing has almost EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE SYMPTOMS, but can not see it for himself.

Hallucinations - check. His version of reality is not the same as anyone else around him.

Auditory- check. He thinks he talks to God. He thinks he's talked to me. He thinks I speak to him inside of his head.

Visual- check. He thinks he's met my dead family members and has not only talked to them, but shares a relationship with them.

Delusions- check. He thinks I have people who control me, that have sent me to kill him. What makes him think he's so important that someone would even bother (not that anyone is, mind you) - well that would be persecutory, religious and grandiose delusions - he thinks that he's some angel sent to bring light to the world, so people are trying to kill him. Literally, using me to try to kill him.

Somatic delusions - yep. Those too. He talks all the time about how he's got terrible diseases, but of course, they're all my fault, because they are the side effects of the terrible mind raping I do all the time.

And the big one - referential delusions - thinking that people are contacting you when they aren't. He thinks I send him messages when I don't. Thinks every post he reads on a random forum is from me. I mean ALL of them. Never mind they might be coming from a man in Australia. He truly believes that it's ALL FROM ME, and IT's ALL ABOUT HIM. (Grandiose and referential)

But, sadly, he can't see through his own sickness and delusions to get help.

Sheshatters, I'm starting to suspect that the same person stalking you is stalking me too.
Old 26-09-2019, 01:42 AM
Seeker
Ad, if it weren’t for the fact the ages are so different, it could be. I worry all the time about where our obligation lies, as individuals and as a community to people who need help with mental illness. It was the Supreme Court that ruled that a mentally ill person could not be forced to stay in the hospital if they did not want to. That is great for the rights of the person, but what about the actual life of the person? Rights won’t keep them safe, or feed them, or keep them from being homeless. I think everyone should be given the tools they need to be happy, productive members of society, and I wish that included mental health assistance in this country. We are the only ‘1st world’ nation that does not place citizens in care for their own protection. Yes, there will always be a fear of over reach, but that is a possibility, when homelessness and hunger, and being the victims of crime and violence, are almost a certainty for the ill out on the street. It is a very difficult question to answer.
Old 26-09-2019, 04:55 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

For some that would be trance channeling. Even then the person in a trance is aware of what is coming through. They can take back control if what is being said does not agree with their core beliefs.

There are examples of what some call posession. I do not have much experience with that. I suspect in that example the posessed person has lost their ability to take control of any thing.

John

Someone who is aware but can’t control the voice.

Thanks.
Old 26-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Someone who is aware but can’t control the voice.

Thanks.

You mean, you are aware but can't control the voices, or you would say that someone who is ill is aware but can't control them?

I guess it also is a test if you can hold a job. I mean, if you are well functioning in society, no one thinks you have issues, you have never been remanded to custody or had family members or spouses tell you that you have a problem, or lost a job because of strange behavior, etc. But the problem then is - if you are really ill, you will make up all sorts of reasons why you were fired and maybe turn on people you once loved thinking that they are trying to hurt you because they were trying to get help. If those things happen they would be a clue to you that your voices are not channeling but illness, but if you are ill you will be unable to see the clue.

What a serious Catch 22! And that is where I say that society should do better. I am not in any denial of the phenomenon, but I recognize it as EXTREMELY rare, even with the billions on earth, rare enough that it would not fill a web forum - so, I say that many more are ill than actually channeling. We should speak up and tell them to get help when we see something that looks off or feels off.
Old 26-09-2019, 04:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheShatters

What a serious Catch 22! And that is where I say that society should do better. I am not in any denial of the phenomenon, but I recognize it as EXTREMELY rare, even with the billions on earth, rare enough that it would not fill a web forum - so, I say that many more are ill than actually channeling. We should speak up and tell them to get help when we see something that looks off or feels off.

Hi,

In my mind the real issue is knowing how to help. Our mental professionals know how to reach the subconscious of a person with things like hypnosis and NLP however few if any mental health worker really knows how reach that person's super consciousness where their life plan is known and understood.

When we do know how to help then the patient/person needs to allow that healing process to happen. My experience in these things is that the person who is ill is not rational enough to follow the advice given them. In our society we do not have enough prisons for the criminals we have produced or enough institutions for the unbalanced and disturbed.

I can appreciate you desire to lock up all the trouble makers. I see that as unrealistic. It is better to learn how to deal with the unbalanced person. In my case I have helped some one with a psychic stocker. She had compassion for that person's issues. Which is why I was able to help her and would not be able to help any one with out that outlook on them.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 26-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

In my mind the real issue is knowing how to help. Our mental professionals know how to reach the subconscious of a person with things like hypnosis and NLP however few if any mental health worker really knows how reach that person's super consciousness where their life plan is known and understood.

When we do know how to help then the patient/person needs to allow that healing process to happen. My experience in these things is that the person who is ill is not rational enough to follow the advice given them. In our society we do not have enough prisons for the criminals we have produced or enough institutions for the unbalanced and disturbed.

I can appreciate you desire to lock up all the trouble makers. I see that as unrealistic. It is better to learn how to deal with the unbalanced person. In my case I have helped some one with a psychic stocker. She had compassion for that person's issues. Which is why I was able to help her and would not be able to help any one with out that outlook on them.

John

I do not advocate locking anyone up, but rather that they get treatment. The best treatment for serious mental illness is inpatient, where the person can have support and assistance 24/7 while they are learning to cope. They would also be safe from people who would take advantage of them, and from becoming so distressed that they self harm. The medicines used to treat many illnesses are very difficult to balance, and being able to be 'eyes on' a patient while they are adapting to treatment, getting therapy, and able to make dosage changes as needed until stabilized is optimal. The end scenario is always a person who leaves in patient treatment and goes back to their life. They monitor and their dr monitors, for continuing care. As it is now, so many ill people are on the streets, with no one caring for them at all. It is tragic.
Old 26-10-2019, 07:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Talk and drugs. Energy healers.

Last edited by MulattoSage : 27-10-2019 at 12:05 AM.