Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 13-04-2011, 12:07 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen53
do the angels and spiritual guides tell us their names, or do we make them up? I will be working on this meditation.......thanks

Well for me it went like this...my ancestral spirit guide told me her name, my medicine man spirit guide goes by just that, medicine man, and my angel revealed itself after many years of not knowing its name. So as for me I didn't name any of them, they freely introduced themselves. Hope this helps..

nightowl
Old 13-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Nemetami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
what do you mean by forms? And do you mean levels in astral realms? Not sure what this all means. Because i'm not astral travelling, when i go there. I'm just visualizing. (Still in my physical body.)
I just go to where my spirit guides take me in my mind, such amazing beautiful places that never look like this world, that i can't possibly be imagining. I'd prefer to stay in these places, whether or not they are "lower realms" because that's where my spirit guides are, I want to be able to develop my senses better in these places, because my skill isn't that great. I want to learn how to "hear" my guides better while visualizing, and to be able to see the surroundings better.

I think I understand what you mean :) I have my own inner realm where I also go to communicate with them or relax, meditate and so on. Even when I want to manifest something I begin there. What I do in order to "feel" at least I get it from memories. I try to remember how a leaf feels like, how marble, grass, a river flowing through the hands feel like. i keep remembering in order to train my brain to easily remember these feelings as much as when I remember voices from people talking to me (i have a big auditive memory). This is how you train yourself to "visualize senses." :) hope it makes sense. Kind of works the same way as with remembering how love feels and invoking this energy when meditating.
Old 13-04-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen53
do the angels and spiritual guides tell us their names, or do we make them up? I will be working on this meditation.......thanks

I have two thoughts about this question, karen.

First.. If we are making up stuff about our guides they won't be real for us.

So... This is a question for them - not only who is doing the naming but learning to trust them more. You can ask them how to hear them without your mind's imagination getting in the way.

Xan

Old 15-04-2011, 07:02 PM
karen53

Xan thanks for the answer. How do I ask the questions? Is it thru meditation..
Old 17-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Master
karen... Ask the questions in your thoughts, simply and clearly. You don't have to go deeply into meditation but it helps to breathe and relax so your mind slows down a little.

Answers may come also in your own thoughts, or by something that gets your attention in the world around you, or some other means unique to you. Messages from guides usually have the feeling of "This is for me."

Your relationship with your guides will develop gradually as you learn how to open to them in your heart.

Xan

Old 24-04-2011, 06:22 AM
MoonDancer

Thank you for this. I was thinking about making a thread about this, good things I scrolled down
Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Master
bringing this up...

Old 11-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Ascender

Thank you for sharing! I have a book on this subject and once I'm done reading it, I will incorporate your ideas as well to contact my spirit guides
Old 11-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Medium_Laura

What I have done for people is this. They say they have a name for a guide and I will use my pendulum (or you can use your own) to truth test the information.

As far as "making up a name", they really don't care what you call them, so in essence, yes our imagination is the vehicle for spirits communication. They use your experiences and thoughts to create a place to speak to you. I doubt I would make up Red Fox Hunting as a name for my guide! It's a bit ...strange! My other guides are Smiling Fawn (joy guide), Sir Henry (teacher guide), Aarwen (doctor/druid guide). I have truth tested with my pendulum and it has said "Yes" this is what they would like you to call them. :)
Old 21-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Master
bringing this up...