Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 17-11-2012, 11:59 PM
travelgirlfl

My guides seem clueless--do they understand how we feel??

I'm pretty frustrated sometimes by the messages I get in readings (others serving as mediums)...

I've been through several MAJOR & compounded losses in the last year, including my fiance to a drunk driver & a semi-estranged parent, and major financial problems as a result...as they continue it's harder & harder to try to pick up the pieces...Ive been regularly in deep grief, pain, and despair....

And the guidance I get sometimes from my guides (via 2 mediums) seems like they have NO FREAKIN CLUE (or discount or don't care) how I FEEL & HOW HARD I AM STRUGGLING through all this...the messages/advice don't seem to take into account that what they are saying feels unloving, overwhelming & nearly impossible from the current & ongoing emotional state I'm experiencing...***? is my feeling...don't they GET IT?

Do guides lack perspective on the human experience & advise solely from the higher outlook of spiritual possibility/reality?

If feels sooooo UNloving & UNsupportive when it seems they don't take into account what I'm feeling & experiencing...I am assuming they are aware -- are they? And if they are, and they know my personality (it's one that does best with love & encouragement, acknowledgement) why are they giving such logical, unemotional input to get me into action, when the 'straight talk' like that always -- always -- paralyzes me into inertia & spins me deeper into despair... of all "people", I feel I should be able to turn to & trust my GUIDES to get me & give me the type of support I need and works for me...lord knows it's almost impossible to get from actual humans.....

Are my expectations off base here? Any insight/input much appreciated.

Many thanks!

PS Yes, some may be to the delivery methods/style of the mediums (and imperfection of their human 'translation' of the messages from Spirit)... but I've worked with one for years & rarely have had that experience of feeling the delivery wasn't in keeping with my needs...
Old 18-11-2012, 03:08 AM
Master

My thoughts and prayers are with you...just a suggestion, have you tried a grief counselor or something similar - they also have grief support groups. Whatever you are feeling is okay, it's real, it's what you are feeling...and there is nothing anyone else can say that will probably be what you are looking for. A lot of times family and friends want to help but don't know how and don't want to do or say the wrong thing...

Guides love us always and are never cruel or uncaring....I don't know who you spoke with, but it definately has an "off" feeling - guides are there to help us, not to ignore our feelings. I would guess your reading was off. It just doesn't ring true to me.

And it sounds like you don't believe it either. It is good you are reaching out about it, and that is good. Keep doing that, it can't hurt. Your expectations of your guides is right on target, so don't listen to whoever was telling you those things and go with your gut. You are loved always, and if anyone tells you differently, there is definately something off with them.

Love and Light and Hugs
Old 18-11-2012, 08:01 AM
Ciqala

with deepest condolences,
i would have a sit down with your guides and let them know that it is very tough right now for you and you need extra actions from them to show love and support to you in a very specific looking way and let them know what that is exactly
in a very easy to understand way and if that takes you having to yell to get your point across then so be it
sometimes they are very unaware, because they are spirit guides, they aren't
low frequency humans that experience low frequency emotion. and most times it is because we are not communicating with them properly. especially when we are feeling extremely upset, we aren't able to communicate clearly.

My guide comes up to me frequently during the day and asks are you okay because he is clueless, as i can block myself off from him.

If i spend my time ranting to him about something completely emotional and earthly he will not understand it. he is still compassionate, and listens. he gently and sometimes not so gently when im being too stubborn tries to get me to see things the correct way.

they have very, very, very high views of us. they see our soul versions, not so much our human shells, they sometimes forget we are human, they think we are just the most amazing things they have ever seen, they love us to pieces, they think we are just so strong. even when we think we make mistakes, they congratulate us and say we have done amazing. therefore even when we think we are doing terrible and we are struggling and we feel like ****, our spirit guides focus on the positive and think we are still doing amazing and are just the best things ever and sometimes this can sound like they are belittling our pain if we aren't the type of people to respond to that. sometimes, as humans we really need someone to say, 'yeah, it sucks, but im here for you.'
but you can teach your spirit guides what comforts you.

Our guides do not see things through human eyes. They do not see death as a tragedy, they see it as a good thing so chances are they are not going to understand fully the human reaction. They will be there for you, but they may not know what it is you want and you may not be communicating that clearly. it is up to you to show them how you need their support. They are high frequency thus they have unconditional love for everything and our guides all have different personalities.

For example if im telling him my woes of how fat i feel and how i feel its the end of my life, he has no idea why i am being so darn emotional and he does not see me as fat, he sees my soul. In general they don't see things in the same ways we do. He would much rather i look at the bigger picture.

Their support is always in our best interest, and sometimes we don't want it to be in our best interest, and we certainly don't see that what they do is for our best interest because we want something else.

Old 18-11-2012, 09:32 AM
LadyImpreza1111

I won't go as far as saying your feelings are off-base.......but perhaps it might be a good idea to not put any expectations on your guides at all. They are not humans. They are above us. We tend to put expectations on the living but you can't do that when it comes to the spiritual realm simply because they don't react to that the way humans would.
I'm certain they are aware of how you are feeling but I was wondering if it has ever occurred to you that maybe there is a lesson for you to learn in all that and they are trying to be detached so you do learn it? I don't know about you,but I have learned more through hard times than good times. Thats where the best lessons are.

I think all spirit guides are different. I had one that seemed serious, and another one that I can tell has a great sense of humor and is very protective of me and he is sooooo much fun to interact with. He has helped me through hard times. There were also times when I wasn't even aware of that particular guide's presence but he made it known to me at some point when I least expected it for the first time ever.He told me he took over for the first guide (Senor Serious) at the time he transitioned.
I'm different though. I don't have to go through a medium to connect to them. I am a medium myself.

So really I think you just need to take into account that they are there, but there might not necessarily be all this mushiness when you want it and its for a reason. You have lessons to learn and they won't interfere.
Old 19-11-2012, 08:37 AM
LadyImpreza1111

~Ciquala~
My spirit guide literally woke me up in the middle of the night last night and told me to come to this specific post. He first saw it, not by me logging into this forum, but because I'm not the only person he is a guide to and the other person happened to go to this post because he knew I responded to it. My guide is the reason why I was compelled to respond with my last response.I thought, "Really, dude?! This couldn't wait until morning?! I was sleeping so good too!"
He was also very amused by my reaction to your post when I said aloud, "Yeahhhh........guardian angels' relationships with the humans they are giving guidance to are not that fluffy like a bunch of gooey marshmallows. He more or less wanted me to come back and point out how you need to change your mindset because you have a romanticized view of how angels see us. Maybe that is how you percieve them, but thats not how they percieve us, and the last thing you want is for people reading your post to assume that all spirit guides are exactly like that because if they find that their connection to their guide falls short of the picture you painted, then they are the ones who are going to be set up for disappointment.

From this point forward, I'm going to take pieces from what you posted, put them in bold, and give you the response that he wanted me to put:

You said:
"My guide comes up to me frequently during the day and asks are you okay because he is clueless, as i can block myself off from him."

No, your guide is not clueless. He knows more intimate details about you than you think. He doesn't have to ask you if you are ok. He knows your every mood. And you think you can block yourself off from him but he is still working in your life, even when you are unaware. And the fact that you think you have a choice to just block yourself off from him is an illusion.

"they have very, very, very high views of us. they see our soul versions, not so much our human shells, they sometimes forget we are human, they think we are just the most amazing things they have ever seen, they love us to pieces, they think we are just so strong. even when we think we make mistakes, they congratulate us and say we have done amazing. therefore even when we think we are doing terrible and we are struggling and we feel like ****, our spirit guides focus on the positive and think we are still doing amazing and are just the best things ever and sometimes this can sound like they are belittling our pain if we aren't the type of people to respond to that. sometimes, as humans we really need someone to say, 'yeah, it sucks, but im here for you.'
but you can teach your spirit guides what comforts you."

Spirit guides do think highly of us, but they see us as spiritual beings having a human experience. They do not forget that we are human. That is why they are there for us because we are human. As humans, we are still fragile. We can be strong, but not strong enough to stand completely on our own.They do not congratulate us on making mistakes. Mistakes are lessons we have to learn. Its just a part of our earthly experience. It is how we handle mistakes and hard times that they pay attention to. They will occasionally acknowledge the positive but they aren't scared to focus on the negative if there is something negative we need to work on. And you can't "teach" a spirit guide what comforts you. They are the one teaching us and they already know. They know what we need, whereas we tend to focus on what we "want."

Our guides do not see things through human eyes. They do not see death as a tragedy, they see it as a good thing so chances are they are not going to understand fully the human reaction. They will be there for you, but they may not know what it is you want and you may not be communicating that clearly. it is up to you to show them how you need their support. They are high frequency thus they have unconditional love for everything and our guides all have different personalities.

Guides see death as an illusion. We can only experience a physical death. However, they do totally understand the human reaction to it because they were human at one point, therefore they do understand human emotions. Yes, they will be there for you and they do know what you want but they focus more on what your soul needs for its own growth. I couldn't tell you myself how many times I wanted to do something and my guide had different ideas. I had to fight the urge to act like a petulant child who didn't want to co-operate but I know I can't argue with him when all is said and done. Its darn annoying that he's always right. I said not long ago that something he suggested was a good idea. He responded with, "I always have good ideas." I joked, "I thought egos weren't allowed in the spiritual realm?" He pretended he didn't hear me. Hehe.
And you are right about how they have unconditional love for everything and they have different personalities. My guide got a kick out of how I referred to my first guide as "Senor Serious." He said he went and told him what I called him and he retorted, "I do too have a sense of humor!!" But come to find out, I was right. He is pretty serious.

For example if im telling him my woes of how fat i feel and how i feel its the end of my life, he has no idea why i am being so darn emotional and he does not see me as fat, he sees my soul. In general they don't see things in the same ways we do. He would much rather i look at the bigger picture.

He said that focusing on things like how you feel fat is also a part of the human experience. Your guide sees your soul whereas you are focusing more on your ego. Its not necessarily that he doesn't understand why you are being emotional. You just don't look at things from the same perspective that he does. You are right, though. He does want you to look at the bigger picture because it is the bigger picture that is the most important.

Their support is always in our best interest, and sometimes we don't want it to be in our best interest, and we certainly don't see that what they do is for our best interest because we want something else.

He said amen to this. Actually he told me not long ago that most often than not, we are given two choices to pick from. One of them comes from our guides, and is in our best interest, and the second choice is from our choosing. In those cases, we are trying to exercise our free will but most often than not, if we choose to try and battle for free will, that will steer us in the wrong direction and either put us in danger, or will cause us immense pain.
Old 20-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Master
Travelgirl... In my many years of contact with spirit guides I've found they are much more personal and in tune and supportive with you and what's going on in your life when the communication is not through a medium but simply and directly, within yourself.

If you'd like to know how to develop this kind of relationship with your guides and angels let me know here and I will post links to threads for you.

Xan

Old 20-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Guide

Quote:
And the guidance I get sometimes from my guides (via 2 mediums) seems like they have NO FREAKIN CLUE

Perhaps it isn't your guides, but the mediums who have NO FREAKIN CLUE.

My guides are always compassionate and fully aware of whatever emotional state I am in. They push, nudge, suggest and offer their support, strength, and insight. They understand. They know "me" better than I know myself.

While guides may not be of the physical realm at the moment, they are certainly not clueless nor unfeeling. They want the best possible outcome for us, always. They are beside us, cheering us on, consoling us, ever ready to help in any way they can.

Quote:
when the communication is not through a medium but simply and directly, within yourself

I agree Xan. Contacting your guides through a third party places distance between you and them, and you are at the mercy of the mediums "gifts." There are questionable mediums out there. So get close. Get personal. Contact your guides directly.

They truly do care.
Old 22-11-2012, 11:41 AM
BlueOwl

Guides do have a clue although it may seem like they don't but they certainly do :) There has been many times I have felt they were not even around me at all because I was not getting answers to questions or help I was asking for only to hear a voice in the background telling me they are here. I agree that it is better to try and communicate with your guides more direct rather than from other sources.

I have also learnt that spirit guides can only do so much for us and they cannot be expected to get us out of every situation we get in to but they will try if they can and if not they will still try and sooth your emotions and wrap you in a warm loving hug. Sometimes when we get upset and down we can block their contact out-I have done this many times. They are there and most of all they do know what is best for you and will do what they can with your best interests at heart which may or may not be what we want. I have in the past had high expectations of my guides expecting them to solve every problem I would get and when they didn't I would get upset with them but I know now I was being unreasonable and they were doing what they felt was right for me even if I could or would not see this.
Old 22-11-2012, 04:35 PM
travelgirlfl

I have typed out detailed replies to the loving responses here several times & they don't post, they disappear, I don't know (I'm pretty inexperienced on this forum)...so frustrating... so until I see if I can get this to post, I'll just keep it to thank you, thank you, thank you, for taking the time to share your input and experience! xoxo
Old 22-11-2012, 04:37 PM
travelgirlfl

Yay! It worked! Question: if I try to reply before I sign in (that's what I did the last times), is that maybe why the posts I wrote disappeared (they get lost in the process of signing in?) (Today I remembered to sign in first...)