Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 05-08-2018, 12:12 AM
Seeker

I can't find the message.

After my partner of 10 years ended things very abruptly, I moved across the country back to my hometown to start fresh. By last summer, about 8 months after moving, I started toying with the idea of going back to school because I wanted to take care of the elderly.

The day after I started looking at schools to apply to, I had an incident at work. I had to call 911 for an elderly woman who had fallen. That was when I decided for sure I wanted to work in healthcare.

That was when it all started. From that point on, I was always the one getting 911 calls during my shifts. They kept progressing. The week before I started my course and got my first aid training, more falls. Helping paramedics load people onto stretchers.

Eventually I started thinking about working in end-of-life care specifically. Right before we started that unit, I had another 911 call. An older gentleman was having trouble breathing. I waited with him for the ambulance. He thanked me for staying with him, I said there's no way I would leave him alone. I found out later from a coworker he passed away at the hospital.

Another person who always came by my work was having trouble walking one day. Again I had to call. Next time I saw him, he thanked me. Turns out he had a bad infection in his leg and would've died had he not gotten surgery. That was a few months ago.

A couple weeks ago, I walked in on that same person unresponsive. I had to do chest compressions for the first time. I will never forget what I walked into that day. Paramedics said he had already been gone for several hours, possibly since the previous day. It was an overdose.

I've had nightmares every night, I see his blue face every time I close my eyes. I know there was nothing I could've done, but the guilt is eating me up.

I don't know what my angels are trying to tell me. I don't know why they keep testing me, why these incidents just keep getting worse and worse. Are they trying to teach me how to be strong? How to let go? I can't take it anymore.

I feel like something has changed inside. I can't pinpoint what. I just feel so bad I didn't find him sooner. I'm sorry I couldn't save him this time, god knows I tried so hard. I cried as I did compressions. He was so young.

Is there a spiritual meaning behind such emergencies? There's so many employees at my work, and I even dropped from full to part-time and I'm still the only one running into these situations.

This can't just be a coincidence.

Thank you for reading. ♥