Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 27-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Master

No it has not been an easy life from this member either. I wasn't even supposed to survive the childhood on many different levels. But I did.

We went through Alzheimer's with my father in law. My husband more than me. It took about 12 years watching this mountain of a man be reduced to a confused old man with much hostility in the end (he was tired of it all by then). His last few days we were able to take him back to his home (it hadn't been sold yet) and allow him to die there. We were fortunate to be able to give him that.

It would be nice if we could all get along but we are all not on the same page. We have so many young souls full of bravado with an ax to grind. We will get there eventually, but we have a long ways to go yet.

Lol, reminds me of a past life I remember when I was the young bravado with an ax to grind. I was a Nordic warrior. That lifetime has given me much strength to get through many difficult situations in many lifetimes since then, so I see that bravado attitude has come in handy many times.

As with you, I am bone weary of all the bullying and hostility regarding our differences. I was just talking to someone today about that. My philosophy is why can't we just agree to disagree and be friends.
Old 28-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
We went through Alzheimer's with my father in law.

Sorry to hear that. It is a terrible condition / illness.

Quote:
As with you, I am bone weary of all the bullying and hostility regarding our differences. I was just talking to someone today about that. My philosophy is why can't we just agree to disagree and be friends.

i hope that things in this World improve soon.
Old 19-03-2019, 10:43 AM
Ascender

i have partly given up with things. i just plod on & take the pills, & accept that i have an incurable & severe illness / condition.

The past few years have really taken their toll on me.

i don't know what to think about a lot of things any more. i think that this is a very cruel World.
Old 20-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
i have partly given up with things. i just plod on & take the pills, & accept that i have an incurable & severe illness / condition.

i don't know what to think about a lot of things any more. i think that this is a very cruel World.

check out Dr Robert Morse

http://www.rawfigs.com/?s=schizophrenia&reg=0

please

He is also on youtube, but that site I linked is a searchable one that'll pull up multiple results for a keyword, which I began with schizophrenia for you
Old 25-03-2019, 08:24 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
check out Dr Robert Morse

http://www.rawfigs.com/?s=schizophrenia&reg=0

please

He is also on youtube, but that site I linked is a searchable one that'll pull up multiple results for a keyword, which I began with schizophrenia for you

Have looked him up, another Orthomolecular medicine / alternative practitioner. With respect i have heard / read / tried all this stuff. i know all the different theories.

i think that what comes under severe schizophrenia is incurable & best managed with professional treatment, a medication & proper / appropriate psychological / social support.

Of course diet & nutrition has some impact, but i think the main thing is people getting proper understanding, help, support & treatment. i don't buy all this alternative stuff to the same degree in relation to effectively treating the condition, especially all the 'self help' stuff. You also don't get the same debate / amount of theories around other conditions.

It's come to light with autism recently - another incurable condition - with the amount of nonsense pseudo theories & cures for the condition.

i think a lot of progress will come with actual science, medicine, neurology & real knowledge about the brain / biology / genetics & these actual conditions.

Sorry but i have largely had it with all these alternative healing / spirituality; areas in relation to treating the illness / condition, i think most of it is a good load of nonsense.
Old 20-03-2020, 09:33 PM
Suspended
Seeker

There are a lot of very interesting fringe areas within the subject of mental health.

Try searching - mystical psychosis, spiritual emergency, shamanism & schizophrenia, as some examples.
Old 23-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Alternative approaches to healing mental health difficulties are very effective. But the regular treatment should not be ignored either. There are many communities to practice various techniques to release the burden of mental disorders. I am currently looking for such alternative therapy in
Old 28-04-2020, 12:22 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosix
There are a lot of very interesting fringe areas within the subject of mental health.

Try searching - mystical psychosis, spiritual emergency, shamanism & schizophrenia, as some examples.

Yes - i have explored & tried all the alternatives areas, you can get as many problems with it all as you do with mainstream mental health services - i think that the whole mental health field is very fragmented.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:13 AM
Ascender

My mother passed at the end of last year.

i have finally found after 30 years of searching a very good psychologist who i am working with. i have also found after 20 years of working with spiritual healers / groups a genuine spiritual healer, who is highly advanced, & who feels very different to all the others.

i also have a lot more acceptance now of my diagnosis / condition / medication. i am far more inclined in many ways to agree with the professional scientific / biomedical / psychiatric opinion & have been reading a lot more on science & medicine.

Have also been focusing more on my own non duality contemplative practice & what i personally believe about everything - rather than what other people say to think & what other people say about how things are.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being

I wonder how much meds just mask the problem of hearing voices - and I m not suggesting don't take them... you've done lot of research on this over the years I expect... I suppose you've looked into the ego, that can be controlling with any annoying voices issue... also overriding any words with your own, words 'love' and 'light' in your mind... you probably tried these suggestions but others looking might not have...

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...