Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 12-03-2020, 02:50 PM
Master

What is the soul ?

A simple but basic question: What is the soul ?
Old 12-03-2020, 02:59 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

I think that it is your personality, who you are, your character, your identity.

You know the expression "to sell your soul", you can't sell your soul because it's not something material, you sell your personality, your character, your identity, you give it away for something in return, fame, fortune, you name it.

In my opinion, the spirit is our godly form, our true form.
Old 12-03-2020, 04:24 PM
Master

Does anyone believe the soul is immortal ?
Old 12-03-2020, 04:37 PM
Master
Quote:

No idea... I personally don't believe in a soul so I cannot even use my imagination to explain what it is.

According to Jesus the Soul isn't Immortal....
Old 12-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No idea... I personally don't believe in a soul so I cannot even use my imagination to explain what it is.

According to Jesus the Soul isn't Immortal....

sky123,

If I heard you say...."He has no soul" at least I would know you are speaking truthfully....:) However by referencing Jesus(not sure what your reference is derived from) you acknowledge that Jesus believed in the soul....just not the characterization of the soul being immortal. And, of course, the Bible teaches the existence of the soul. Hebrews 4:12....."For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow....". This implies that both(soul and spirit) exist and are distinct from each other.
Old 12-03-2020, 06:03 PM
Master
Quote:
sky123,

If I heard you say...."He has no soul" at least I would know you are speaking truthfully....:) However by referencing Jesus(not sure what your reference is derived from) you acknowledge that Jesus believed in the soul....just not the characterization of the soul being immortal. And, of course, the Bible teaches the existence of the soul. Hebrews 4:12....."For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow....". This implies that both(soul and spirit) exist and are distinct from each other.

I don't need to believe in a soul regardless of what the bible says and I am speaking truthfully....
Old 12-03-2020, 06:30 PM
Quote:
An extension or part of God Himself that is
made to seem individualized for a time.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-03-2020, 06:33 PM
Quote:
You...or Me.

That which the Creator of All That Is ....wants and waits for.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I don't need to believe in a soul regardless of what the bible says and I am speaking truthfully....

sky123,

If soul is not a component of man, does man have spirit ?
Old 12-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
An extension or part of God Himself that is
made to seem individualized for a time.

MissHepburn,

Now it is beginning to get interesting to me. Trying to decipher what you mean. I am reading this as saying that soul is a part of us that is also a part of God ? If this is correct then I must wonder about admonitions in the Bible exhorting us to purify our souls, etc. The Divine is said to be incorruptible so why would we be asked to purify that which is already pure ? The interesting part in all of these responses is that no consensus is apparent on this question. Some believing in no soul....you believing that soul is a part of God, etc. It demonstrates the difficulty of communicating in these forums when we have multiple interpretations of the same word.