Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Ayurveda

Old 18-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Nietzschepow

Video Lectures?

does anyone know where to find any good Lectures on Ayurveda?
Or really anything on alternative health care... I dont care what it is,
Reflexology, chinese medicine, herbalism,
I'm having a hard time finding any lectures.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM
OldTimer

I have "Ayurveda - The Art of Being" dvd. I ordered it from Amazon after viewing it on PBS. I think it's very informative.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
I have "Ayurveda - The Art of Being" dvd. I ordered it from Amazon after viewing it on PBS. I think it's very informative.

Hmm. I think I shall give this a look as well. Thank you for posting it! I only just heard of Ayurveda this past year from Dr. Oz's show. VERY interesting stuff!
Old 22-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Haoma

I too would highly recommend watching that video. Most of how Ayurveda is perceived in the west differs greatly to the actual practice.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 PM
philji

David Frawley has some great books on AYurveda. And yes i agree with Haoma.. how we see Ayurveda in the west differs greatly with the actual practice. This is true of most western ventures into eastern thought though....
Old 04-11-2011, 11:59 AM
dragon charms

Through a recent synchronicity, I was given a set of tapes called "Magic Mind Magic Body" by Deepok Chopra. A good deal of Ayurveda is discussed in them. They are available at Amazon.