Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
This is an open forum , advice is for free , its coming from different people with many different belief systems . One may take or leave advice as they chose . For some people adc is out side there belief system . There just not open to it Maby grand maw Marry ( the names have been changed to protect the inocent , form dragnet ) is having too much fun hanging out on the astral plane to report back .

Hello,that's not advice,when you advise you are being positive,to be derogatory to a grieving person is bull****, and the forum can be as open as you think it is,but its not a free for all,its all explained when you join up,its called forum rules and common courtesy,you can't just say what you like without considering the position and situation of the thread starter.
Pretty sad that really!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Master

What I meant by free was that some one could pay $200 , or more to be told that grand maw still loved them , was happy in heaven , but did not know where the key to the bank box was . Yes this forum does have rules . We chose to be insulted or not , or to believe that a loved one is really an energy sucking demon or not . Not that a loved one could or would come back as an energy sucking demon , thats more of an X files show .
Old 02-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
What I meant by free was that some one could pay $200 , or more to be told that grand maw still loved them , was happy in heaven , but did not know where the key to the bank box was . Yes this forum does have rules . We chose to be insulted or not , or to believe that a loved one is really an energy sucking demon or not . Not that a loved one could or would come back as an energy sucking demon , thats more of an X files show .

Hello desert rat,
I wasn't having a shot at you but the person whose comment you were posting about, its not about free forums,or paying for spiritual help,its to do with real grief!

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:05 AM
Experiencer

I think it's worth mentioning that when people die, they reconnect with their higher-self. They do get a period of reflection over their most recent life, but they also consider how this relates to all the lives they have had. As they regain their memories (of all lives) and their purpose in living the most recent life, their priorities change... they see anything they left behind as unimportant or inconsequential; in terms of how it relates to their goals (which have adjusted because of their increased awareness). Because of this, there's often little reason to initiate contact with people 'left behind'. The soul is seeing the bigger picture..

I'm not saying contact after death doesn't happen.. only that people shouldn't be upset or hurt that someone who has passed on hasn't made contact in some way.

And because it's been mentioned by a couple of posters above, it's not technically convenient for spirits to communicate via electronic devices.. sure, they can 'reach down' and manipulate these to some degree (such as make a phone ring), but the effort involved in this is the same as if you were to do the same with your mind. Which is to say 'it's not easy'.

I think Hollywood has made this theme popular.. and incorrectly so.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Master

I know you were not taking a shot at me . Some times rather than a real attack on another forum member I will use a bit of dry humor . I dont think ever one picks up on my humor .
On adc , I think a lot of people do get a dream visitation , but put it off as just a dream , or dont remember there dreams .
Old 03-05-2017, 07:43 PM

Carnate wrote:

"I think it's worth mentioning that when people die, they reconnect with their higher-self. They do get a period of reflection over their most recent life, but they also consider how this relates to all the lives they have had. As they regain their memories (of all lives) and their purpose in living the most recent life, their priorities change... they see anything they left behind as unimportant or inconsequential; in terms of how it relates to their goals (which have adjusted because of their increased awareness). Because of this, there's often little reason to initiate contact with people 'left behind'. The soul is seeing the bigger picture"..

Carnate, how do you know this is a fact, as you state it is? Would you please then provide the evidence to support this. I would genuinely like to know. Thank you.

Marymartina... I know your grief. I really, really do.(I have tears as I write this). I lost my boyfriend, the Love of my life, at the end of January too. We were not together 41 years as you were, but the time we had together was the best of my life. We had total unconditional love for each other and were planning our future together. He was young and healthy, his death was an unexpected tragic shock that has left me alone, sad, scared, and wanting soooooo badly for him to visit me for comfort and closure.

We were both very spiritual but had very different opinions on the afterlife, that we talked about often. We promised each other whoever went first would come back in a way there would be no doubt.

The truth: He has not come back, at least not that I know of like we promised each other. This has lead to a lot of extra sadness and thoughts of an afterlife that scare me. I found this forum in a search for grief forums, but reading here is just reminding me that all anyone really has is opinions to answer our questions, not facts supported by evidence.

It's painful for me not knowing what's really out there for us after death. So many questions, so little answers and pretty much no solid, concrete evidence.

And it's painful reading some of these replies to your questions (and my same questions), stated as fact when they are really just opinions; that our Love's have already forgotten us, moved on, and don't care to ease our pain by returning, even if just briefly, when we know in our hearts they would NEVER do that to us.

The best I can do for myself to get through each day now is try my best to hold back the tears as I focus on the wonderful memories we made together and HOPE there is something after death that will allow us to reunite. Some evidence to support afterlife claims would also really help, A LOT.

I am asking questions myself to a poster here who claims to have a connection to the afterlife spirit world, and hope he has answers that involve evidence and scientific theory to back the claims.

There also seems to be a few people here who claim to be mediums. Maybe they will find it in their hearts to help us and make contact with our Loves so we can both get the peace in our hearts we desperately want. Mediums: Would you please help us?

I can't be intellectually dishonest with myself and just believe all these claims made about afterlife and our loved one's without evidence and scientific theory to support. I'm not sure I will ever find my peace. But I hope whatever your journey will be now for you, Marymartina, that you will find what you're looking for to help with your grief. I wish you the very best.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:54 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenna
Carnate, how do you know this is a fact, as you state it is? Would you please then provide the evidence to support this. I would genuinely like to know. Thank you.
As with pretty much anything spiritual, most sources of information rely on intangible details. That I 'state it as fact' is more an indication of how strongly I believe it.. which is to say, I've had a lifetime of experiences, and teachings from people who would know.

While I could point to any number of links that support my views.. they don't necessarily carry any more weight than my words here. Is it more important that the person claims to be some authority (which you can believe or not), or that the details make sense to you and are applicable in your life?

With that in mind, if you are interested in more details or for me to expand on certain areas, please let me know; whether in this thread or via a PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:31 PM

Carnate, Thank you for admitting you have no solid evidence that your opinion of the afterlife, and what happens when we die, and why our loved ones don't come back to comfort us, is right.

I am sure you meant well, but what you and some others here believe about the afterlife is harsh to someone grieving. And with no evidence to support it's even right, I doubt it is, IMO (see how easy that is ).

Have you or others here ever considered trying to find the afterlife answers through logic, reason, reality, and the evidence we have? Or is just easier to buy into someone else's opinion just because they claim to have "authority" and say it's so? I guess it is for many. Sad, really.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:49 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJenna
Carnate, Thank you for admitting you have no solid evidence that your opinion of the afterlife, and what happens when we die, and why our loved ones don't come back to comfort us, is right.

I am sure you meant well, but what you and some others here believe about the afterlife is harsh to someone grieving. And with no evidence to support it's even right, I doubt it is, IMO (see how easy that is ).

Have you or others here ever considered trying to find the afterlife answers through logic, reason, reality, and the evidence we have? Or is just easier to buy into someone else's opinion just because they claim to have "authority" and say it's so? I guess it is for many. Sad, really.
You've misunderstood my comment... I'm also a little (uncharacteristically) frustrated by your post, so I'll apologise if the below reads poorly.

Stating that 'I have no evidence so I must be wrong' is unfair and unjustified. I'm not saying this as an effort to have you believe my words.. but more to make you aware of the flaws in taking this harsh stance on the matter.

Regardless of what someone explains the afterlife to be, there is no solid evidence.. there is minimal technical or scientific fact to be found on the subject. It's all, regardless of how you want to see the afterlife, faith/belief. When 'experts' explain these matters, the everyday person simply has to take things at face value, or choose to disbelieve in favour of another 'experts' explanation. When holy and religious scriptures explain the afterlife, it still relies on belief in those statements being 'fact'. There is no solid evidence that the everyday person can rely on. This applies to any view of the afterlife. Me not having 'solid evidence' does not diminish the value of my beliefs, or the accuracy of my claims.. in much the same way that a lack of evidence does not diminish anyone's views on the matter.

What's more important is that the details align with each individual's other views and their current position in life. As people progress spiritually, their understanding of the subtle realms increases, allowing them more wisdom and knowledge of the field. As such, it's not really important whether someone believes a specific thing at any given time.. it's more important that they are comfortable with the beliefs they have.

My views may not align with your situation at the moment, but stating a lack of 'solid evidence' as a reason for me to be wrong is insulting; because the same logic applies to anyone's views on the matter.

I'll also remind you that I did say I could provide many different links that support my views. Me not wanting to do this should not be taken as my views being unfounded.

[edit]
I'll also make this offer again.. if you wanted more details about my views, that are heavily based on logic, reason, reality, and what 'evidence' is available, please let me know. My views on the afterlife shouldn't really be read in isolation.. they link logically to a great many surrounding topics.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Master

On life after death , I dont think any one could really provide %100 proof . There was a very smart guy that after he died ( late 1800s or early 1900s ) gave bits of info to different psychics around the world that did not know each other . It was only when they got topgher and compared notes they know where that info came form . There are some interesting e.v.p.s from Frank Kepple hear and on astral pulse .