Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 26-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Knower
bugs

Here I sit, writing about bugs. So many flying bugs on the house windows when I come home late at night from work, and they are so varied in their interaction in flight, but I am on the other side of them, the bugs. These words mean nothing to the bugs outside, or inside either. They can be so small and insignificant, as I am to the stars and the earth above and below me.
Old 26-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jom
Here I sit, writing about bugs. So many flying bugs on the house windows when I come home late at night from work, and they are so varied in their interaction in flight, but I am on the other side of them, the bugs. These words mean nothing to the bugs outside, or inside either.

They can be so small and insignificant, as I am to the stars and the earth above and below me.

'Small and insignificant', though still beautiful and amazing....

As we can be.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Knower
We know that, but the bugs don't. Bugs aren't in the knowing, and right now not on my windows either, they must know it's not night, or right. But why do they come out so much at night and not day? Must be sleeping by day, as on the other side of the world.

Just looked into a website involving wildcrafting, which is new to me.
Old 26-07-2014, 04:23 PM
saxonaxe

They do appear small and insignificant I agree, but only until you delve into the life cycle and position in the chain of life of each individual little beastie.. Sometimes it's possible to alter or even destroy a whole section of the chain by eliminating any particular type of bug. Then the next bug in the chain suddenly finds that his lunch is no longer available or the nightopening flower that relied on the missing bug to pollinate it, just isn't being visited anymore..

" These words mean nothing to the bugs outside, or inside either. "
Ah! I'm not so sure about that, because the words mean that you have at least thought about the bugs doing gymnastics on your house windows, so if you're a bug 1/20th of an inch long and somebody posts on a forum about you, then you're not so insignificant and you just have to hope that the big black beetle that keeps giving you hungry looks knows you're no longer insignificant...
Old 27-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
It's hot here, and so my windows are open all the time (except when I'm out) So there are bugs all over the place. Moths, beetles, crickets, bees, Daddy Long Legs, those spindly spiders....they all come in....some happily, to spend an evening, and some unhappily, who can't wait to get out. I put out as many as I can, before I close the downstairs windows before bed. In the morning there is a whole crowd of flying Beings, waiting for me to let them out.
I am beginning to feel like an insects' door-keeper lol
Some little beetles seem to want to stay. They do extreme rock-climbing pitches on my stone fireplace, (many overhangs, but brilliant ledges for camps and bivvies) -then potter about. Goodness knows what they eat but all the ones I see are alive. I put them out too, when I find them. But there are always more.
Old 28-07-2014, 01:53 PM
Master
Hehe...

... I decided to let a sparrow find it's own way out of the greenhouse earlier!

There's just so many bumbles and hoverflies around at the moment. Yesterday I helped a butterfly to find it's way outside, and then saw a near collision with a sparrow, as it fluttered off!

Old 30-07-2014, 12:57 PM
Knower
Such beauty and so small. There was a dragon fly in the garden yesterday that was one of the most large beautiful insects I've ever seen in 57 years.
Old 31-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Deactivated Account

WOW Snow Monkey !! Awesome picture ! I really like how the bee and some of the flowers are detailed and the rest of the flowers just blend into the background.

At first quick glance I thought the bee was enjoying a popcorn plant, lol !
Old 31-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Master
Regarding blurred lines involving species. Yesterday, walking the dog by a neighbors place where she has multiple colorful flowers planted...

Here were these large Moths with striped wings hovering over the various flowers, and, I had to get close up to be sure that they weren't small Hummingbirds!
For one, they didn't Hum, and also close up I could see their antennaes. But from a short distance away it was hard to tell.
Also, you usually don't see Moths like this until the evening when the buzz around lighting, but, it was full daylight.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 31-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator
StrandedSnowMonkey....that is a most beautiful photo!

Dream Angel......Popcorn plant! LOLOLOL!

Morpheus -I live in a different place, (UK) but I have seen some HUGE moths recently too. About 2" long but golden brown. No idea what they are called. (I would love to see a Hummingbird. We don't have them here.)