Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 27-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Rhino protection

I knew it was going on, but I was still distraught today after reading an article about the poaching of rhinos to steal their horns for unproven medicinal purposes. It showed one rhino under constant armed guard in an effort to protect it. Another rhino had its horn pulled off and eventually had to be put to sleep by vets as it couldnt support its head properly.

Everytime I think about this more tears well up. It has made me adopt a rhino in the hope every little bit helps.

It really scares me that some people have no compassion at all for any creature. They just don't care.
Old 29-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Experiencer

our beautiful creatures

I agree how saddening this is, as it also brings tears to my eyes. Poaching of elephants, rhinos, well...any animal disguts me. I hate to see these beautiful animals in future history books and museums because humans are greed, selfish, blind fools. I try to be a caring person, but it's so hard to not be so dissapointed in the human race. What we do to earth and the animals on it is so sickening to me.
Old 30-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Administrator
Starbuck i agree with you i get very annoyed when i watch anything to do with poaching for rhino and elephant horns. but while the chinese continue using it it wont stop, i think there should be very severe consequences for the poachers for this henious crime.

Namaste
Old 11-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Knower
Here in South Africa, there is nowhere to escape from the bad news - whether you turn on the radio, the television, open a magazine, newspaper... there it is. Images of the latest helpless victims.

How devastating that such a beautiful creature will not be around in a few years. The fact that they are an Endangered Species only adds to the Allure of the Rhino Horn, which means that Poachers make so much more money out of the deal.

One of our National Parks... The Kruger... is the size of the British Isles combined... how in the *hello* are we ever going to successfully guard a park of this magnitude, and keep an eye on every single Rhino 24/7. What's the alternative - move them into little cages?

This is an incredibly sensitive subject and I just don't see a happy ending on the horizon for the Rhinos.

Here's a suggestion... Kill, and Ye Shall Be Killed. Pass that Law, SA Government!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:57 PM
primrose

Here's a suggestion... Kill, and Ye Shall Be Killed. Pass that Law, SA Government!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you I see us as stewards of this earth so thanks for doing something proactive
Old 16-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Knower
Article from Business Day Live

Toxic horns to aid war on rhino poaching

KWAZULU-Natal conservation officials and anti-rhino poaching activists are optimistic about the likely success of the recently launched pilot project in which rhino horns will be injected with a toxic substance to make them poisonous and unusable, to discourage poachers.
The poison is toxic to humans and people using the horns will become seriously ill, suffering from nausea and vomiting, but it is harmless to the rhino.
The horn will also be infused with an indelible pink dye that will expose it to any airport scanner.
The pilot project began on Tuesday at Tembe Game Reserve, and on Wednesday moved to the neighbouring Ndumo Game Reserves in northern KwaZulu-Natal.
All the rhinos at the two facilities will be injected.
It is estimated that poachers get about $65,000/kg for mature horns, which average 4kg-4.5kg when sawn or hacked off close to the skull of the carcass.
The number of rhinos killed in South Africa this year is 618 and 63 of these have been killed in KwaZulu-Natal, in game reserves such as Tembe and Ndumo.
Northern KwaZulu-Natal game reserves are a fertile hunting ground and poaching has been on the increase in recent times.
It is believed that syndicates recruit poor people living on either side of the South African border with Mozambique to poach rhinos for their horns.
Musa Mntambo, spokesman for Ezemvelo KwaZulu-Natal Wildlife, said the agency was excited about this new venture, as it hoped it would deter poachers.
"We are worried about the activities of the poachers and this is the latest in our effort in the fight against this scourge," Mr Mntambo said. "We hope that by poisoning the horns people would be wary of using medicines obtained from killing these innocent animals."
Meshack Radebe, the province’s MEC for agriculture and environmental affairs, said that KwaZulu-Natal had been at the receiving end of cross-border poachers.

Does the fact that I am smiling about this make me a bad person?
Old 16-09-2013, 08:31 PM
Administrator

I was watching a programme last night about Prince William supporting the rhino and elephants it was a charity called tusks it was showing how the rhino and elephants have been slaughtered for their horns.it was showing park rangers putting their lives in danger of being shot themselves by the poachers to protect the animals,
its about time the government did something about it ,because if it doesnt there wont be any elephants or rhinos left in the wild.they will be in zoos around the world to protect them.it was prince william giving awards to those people who fight to protect the animals.

Namaste
Old 17-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Master

Prince William lending his support to this cause is a great great gesture.

I can't bear to see this sort of trade, elephants, rhinos are animals rich in emotion and familial feelings capable of producing tears.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Knower
How much do you think it could or would work if we start a 'campaign' to envision/create energetic protective shields around all the living rhinos in the world?
When you allow yourself to flow, you allow yourself to live. When you allow yourself to be happy, you allow others to be happy around you. When you allow yourself to be whole, you help heal those around you.