Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2005, 04:07 AM
LaShaeB

Astral Projection

I want to have an AP experience, but I am scared to do so. A couple of years ago I was lying in my bed and my body became paralysed and could not move and felt myself getting lighter. I struggled to move, but could not for a few minutes. I was scared to leave. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks. :?:
Old 27-05-2005, 04:35 PM
imported_devolution

Hi,

Astral Projection does require a lot of practice.
It is important to try and maintain a 'passive' attitude when attempting OBEs, as trying to 'think' or 'control' the process too much can often result in failure.
I've found a number of OBEs that I have experienced successfully occurred when I went back to sleep one or two times after waking up. Usually, I find it hard to go back to sleep again, so it happens best when I'm very tired.

There are a number of great books on Astral Projection out there.
You can read a free one online at: http://www.robertpeterson.org/obebook.html
Old 30-05-2005, 02:40 AM
nitetravler

Dr. Albert Taylor

Hi LaShaeB, check out this interview with Dr. Albert Taylor. Click on the link below and scroll down about 7 guests. Albert is probably one of my favorites to listen to because of his enthusiasm (it's contagious).

http://www.newsforthesoul.com/moreshows1a.htm

You can also listen to Al on the Kevin Smith show (at very bottom of page)

http://www.kevinsmithshow.com/archives/index.htm

Another excellent source of info is Robert Bruce who just published his second astral projection book 'Mastering Astral Projection'. Below is a link to some of his interviews.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/library/?BoardID=74
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Oath

ya man i got that a couple times here recently. my legs and stuff were floating or someting out of my body. i didnt leave it though cause its scary right. well i like went back in a couple times and out (on purpose) then i kept gettin sleep paralysis (sp). apparently its normal but i c why i never really got it b4 (ive been out of body like that a bunch). i think im more resistant to the sp or something.
Old 15-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Ancestral

My brother does that and he explained it to me this way it is his way but it may help you. He felt safe as long as there was a umbilical cord connecting the spirit to the body he knew he would return. For him he has always atro walked all his life since it came natural to him for some it take hard work and practice. Me, I too affraid to do it period and my brother he is the strong one.
Old 16-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Cynthia

I have had something like this happen to me a number of times. I find that it is extremely frightening for me. When it does happen to me I feel that I am not able to move but that I am traveling towards something at a very high speed. Man, is it an extreme uncomfortable feeling. I actually haven't had it happen in a long time and when it did happen I wasn't trying to have it happen. This would usually occur when I was about to wake up in the morning. I was wondering though it seems that so many people are interested in experiencing astral projection. Is there a benefit to doing so? Does it make your spirit more aware?
Old 25-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Enlightener

I'm scared too!
It's silly really, it's just the state you are in when you die and you can't really lose your physical body, as in not coming back from the OBE.

I personally want to have OBE's but feel fearful that something bad is going to happen, like losing my body.

Cynthia said:
I was wondering though it seems that so many people are interested in experiencing astral projection. Is there a benefit to doing so? Does it make your spirit more aware?

I've read that you are able to visit other dimensions whilst in OBE mode and that you can actually have conversations with other non-material beings.
What they talk about is anybody's guess.
Closed Thread