Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Guide

What exactly is an ''old soul''?

Hello
I want to ask you what exactly is an ''old soul''? Is a person who is highly evolved spiritually or something like that? Thank you.
Old 30-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Master
The old soul idea is based in the concept that souls incarnate into bodies multiple times in order learn through experience. An old soul is one that has accumulated much spiritual wisdom by living many many incarnations (think at least thousands, though probably a couple orders of magnitude more).

Note: not all 'souls' choose to gain spiritual wisdom via incarnation.
Old 30-06-2013, 12:35 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
The old soul idea is based in the concept that souls incarnate into bodies multiple times in order learn through experience. An old soul is one that has accumulated much spiritual wisdom by living many many incarnations (think at least thousands, though probably a couple orders of magnitude more).

Thank you very much for your answer.
Old 14-08-2013, 05:04 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein

Simple accurate uncomplicated definition ...
That is all that is ever needed ...
Old 30-06-2013, 10:09 AM
Greenslade

I'd be interested in why you're asking the question. Being an Old Soul means different things to different people, including the Souls themselves so there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this one.
Old 30-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
I'd be interested in why you're asking the question. Being an Old Soul means different things to different people, including the Souls themselves so there isn't a one-size-fits-all answer to this one.

I asked this question because I want to know more about ''old souls''. I knew that that are most evolved from this planet.
Old 30-06-2013, 04:28 PM
sesheta

To wstein

The old soul idea is based in the concept that souls incarnate into bodies multiple times in order learn through experience. An old soul is one that has accumulated much spiritual wisdom by living many many incarnations

I like this definition- I agree :)
Old 30-06-2013, 09:09 PM
dreamt

Is there a way a person could find out how old or young they are?
(I'm guessing that an older soul probably wouldn't even ask this question).
Old 30-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Guide
They said that the Buddha upon Realizing Nirvana remembered his past life. Then he remembered 10 past lives. Then he remembered 100 past lives. And then he remembered 1,000 past lives. He then remembered 10,000 past lives. On and on his past lives spanned infinitely into the depths of Eternity.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordank
I asked this question because I want to know more about ''old souls''. I knew that that are most evolved from this planet.

Not so much the most evolved on the planet because evolution isn't so important to most of them, and a Soul's evolution isn't linear. Some also 'evolve' on other planes of existence and not just the earth and some are here for other reasons than learning and growing. The term has never been defined as far as I know (thankfully) so I doubt you'll find any real kind of answer to this one, and a true Old Soul will be a bit reluctant to define what it means to be one. There are a few on these boards and they're just like regular people, some don't even realise they're Old Souls. Often it's possible to recognise an Old Soul by their aura or their vibrations. If you're trying to be like one, please don't even try because it's more important for your Soul to make its own Journey rather than try and emulate another Soul's. If you're looking for specific information I very much doubt there is any. If you think you are one then you'll just know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamt
Is there a way a person could find out how old or young they are?
(I'm guessing that an older soul probably wouldn't even ask this question).

It's difficult to tell the 'age' of a Soul because there is no time and the growing of a Soul isn't a linear process, they might 'skip a class' then go back later. So an Old Soul might come across as someone who has just started their Journey would, they wouldn't have any obvious indicators. As Dr Who said - "Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey".

And no, I wouldn't even ask that question.