Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 28-10-2013, 08:27 PM
jondav

A simple question

O.K. if we are to believe "the universe teeming with life" hypothesis, is it not about time that our alien bretheren made themselves known. Im not talking here of fuzzy videos or out of focus lights, but real landings and contact,surely by now its way overdue.If they are out there, their reticence is baffling . I understand there will be many who will make excuses why this is so, but come on, by now we should be shaking hands with them,and letting them speak at the U.N. Why is,nt this so well heres my opinion, We are alone, and what we are witnessing are not aliens, but some form of paranormal phenomena.
Old 28-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Master

There are a few possables . They may of been hear for some time , just staying hidden . They may have no interest in us. Some think 1 or more alien races have an agrement with the US gov. They get abduct a few humans in excahnge for some tec. They could exzist so differently that we dont see them as life .
Old 29-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Knower
I don't think our civilization is ready to be visited by aliens yet, and the aliens know this man, hence why they aint in the public arena yet. Think about all the crazy religious people around the world who may turn into terrorists if aliens landed, their paradigm would be shattered! Also, there isn't political stability around the world either and just because aliens have landed it doesn't mean that all of our worldly problems will go away and we transcend to a utopian society.

Discrimination still exists, racism, sexism, speciesism...extremist groups prosper, bad people are still in positions of high power etc... Yes I do think that aliens could have a positive contribution to the whole situation but I also think that if they did land the whole situation could equally go **** up!

We have to and should want to create world peace and stability before we invite other races to our home...tbh if I were an alien lookin at our planet I don't think I'd wanna come down...yes it is beautiful, yes it has some amazing people and ideas, but...it is also filled with nutters! ;-)

It used to be that people who thought that there was other life in the universe were considered a little crazy..but I think in the last few years that whole thing has flipped 180...I think even mainstream science would think you were crazy now for saying that there isn't any life out there...check out all the earth like planets that scientists have found in the last couple years! ;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24549384

They reckon there could be around 17 Billion exoplanets in the milky way...how many could there be in the universe man!!!!! The universe must literally be overrun with life at all stages of evolution, whether physical, mental or spiritual!

I've given up on UFO videos now, photoshop is too easy...I'm quite happy to accept the fact that all UFO sightings are either anomalies or secret advanced technologies funded by either government of corporations etc.

We as humans observe many living organisms in a scientific manner...whether this be rats in a lab, ants in a nest or humans in society...most people doing the observing don't really care about the living things, they just want to observe them and compile results. A scientists doesn't care about giving rabbits and dogs cancer or poisoning them in labs, if they did they wouldn't do it, instead they are there to collate results...so using this analogy; the aliens probably don't care too much about us, they are happy to sit back and wait for us to evolve spiritually (hopefully). Just like we have many animals in many labs across the world, advanced alien races may have many civilizations that they observe across the universe..perhaps they intervene to stop us annihilating each other but that's about it until we are ready...

Tbh there's a lot of info out there which suggests that they have been here longer than we have, check out early cave paintings, early crop circle reports, Egyptian tapestries etc...have you ever seen the TV series 'V'?...I think this is close to the truth, hopefully we got a better ending coming though!

Anyway that's my thoughts!

"Do not swim, float." - Osho
Old 30-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Experiencer

Ageed, they don't want to be worshipped either, apparently some races want to meet us after we grow up and sort ourselves out. Not fix our problems so we can remake he same mistakes. Plus the technology they use to shoot them down doesn't help things. The elite don't make money off of the free energy devices the ETs would share with us etc.
Old 30-10-2013, 07:32 AM
Experiencer

Sorry to pick at your OP but "we are alone" are you seriously convinced that no other part of an infinitely large universe and all other dimensions contains any life except earth?
Old 30-10-2013, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo
Sorry to pick at your OP but "we are alone" are you seriously convinced that no other part of an infinitely large universe and all other dimensions contains any life except earth?

It's inconcievable to me that we are alone, given the size , age, and consistency of how the physical universe is. That we are alone isn't considered , especially when you consider other dimensions or energy planes or realms . I haven't seen any physical ET's , but I've seen some
in altered dream states.

But to the original question, I don't think it's a simple question why . Maybe the question is simple but the answers aren't necessarily so . Average schmucks like me don't know if there's official contact or not , and given the nature of governments to be suspicious, paranoid, posessive, manipulative, dishonest , and not trustworthy....well...it's complicated
Old 15-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Pathfinder
the Prime Directive ..
Old 15-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Master

Thanks Jondav for the Tread, I like the stand LucidMoob, Stevo made that we are not ready to recieve ET visitation.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondav
O.K. if we are to believe "the universe teeming with life" hypothesis, is it not about time that our alien bretheren made themselves known. Im not talking here of fuzzy videos or out of focus lights, but real landings and contact,surely by now its way overdue.If they are out there, their reticence is baffling . I understand there will be many who will make excuses why this is so, but come on, by now we should be shaking hands with them,and letting them speak at the U.N. Why is,nt this so well heres my opinion, We are alone, and what we are witnessing are not aliens, but some form of paranormal phenomena.

Assuming scientists are correct in estimating the age of the universe, ( 14 to 15 billion years old.), the age of the earth ( approx. 4.5 billion years old )

Assume homo sapiens has been around approx. less than 200,000 years.

The industrial revolution, of the late 1800's, was a major jumpstart for humanity. Then, in 1945, we entered the atomic, then nuclear age. Nano technology is here in 2014. There seems to be no end to what man can learn and achieve.

Mankind's increase in knowledge, compared to pre-1800's. is probably gaining the attention of any other entities that may exist in the Universe, assuming they are there, and, assuming they can watch us, or, be here.

In response to OP, it seems " they " are starting to make themselves known, to us, rather gradually. ( increase in UFO sightings, cropcircles, channelers, etc.)

Human beings are just in the infancy of what could be out there in the Universe. Think of us as infants, and, old, wise beings out there, are watching and caring for us. We, as infants, cannot possibly understand what they are trying to tell us.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
It seems rather impossible to believe that there is no other life in the vastness of the universe. We tend to give our tiny speck of existence some sort of superiority over others. We are what we know...what we believe. And we have a very hard time imagining things that we can't understand or explain. What reason would an alien race have to communicate with us as a species? If they are higher beings, some way more evolved, they would know that we simply just can't handle it. We aren't ready. Does it not make more sense to ease us into the idea over time before springing something on us that could literally collapse our whole way of life? If they were malevolent, sure. But, if they didn't wish us harm, there would be no need to reveal themselves. That's assuming a lot of things...a lot of different theories, but I don't think there is any reason for another world or civilization to interfere with ours, regardless of their intentions. Call me a Star Trek nerd, but the prime directive makes sense.