Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Experiencer

Would leather have bad energy?

I'm curious what you guys think as to whether leather (clothing in particular) would have bad energy attached to it. If the leather came from an animal that was killed for the meat, it would seem to me that it would have bad energy attached to it - fear, negativity, sorrow, etc. I've seen several stories of animals that were going in to be slaughtered, and the animals literally collapse and start crying because they know what's going to happen. To me, it seems like unless the animal died naturally, that energy would be attached to the leather and then affect anyone wearing it or sitting on it.

I'd really like a leather jacket, but I don't think I want one from a crying animal whose life was suddenly taken away just because somebody at McDonalds wanted a hamburger for lunch. I wouldn't think anything would remove that energy.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Master

Yes, leather (and meat) will contain the 'energy' of the animal...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 06-09-2013, 06:36 AM
primrose

I'm a long time vegetarian.

My summer and winter purses are leather. I never thought of the energy of it. The poor animals are slaughtered for their meat, if they were slaughtered only for their hides, I'd never use it.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Ecthalion

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrose
I'm a long time vegetarian.

My summer and winter purses are leather. I never thought of the energy of it. The poor animals are slaughtered for their meat, if they were slaughtered only for their hides, I'd never use it.
Whether they were slaughtered for their skins or their meat, they were still slaughtered. To me it is just as disgusting to wear leather as it is to eat meat.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 AM
Master
if you do get a jacket then maybe saying a blessing over it and thank it for keeping you warm. i generally bless anything like that. organic would be better as it hasn't suffered anywhere near as much.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM
primrose

t is just as disgusting to wear leather as it is to eat meat.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Experiencer

Do any of you know how to find leather jackets and such that come from animals that died naturally rather than being killed for meat? I read that in Nepal, cows are sacred, so they never kill them, so any leather from Nepal is better.

It does make some sense to thank the leather and appreciate it for keeping you warm - maybe if you remember to appreciate the animal that it came from and thank it for everything it does, maybe the animal would appreciate being appreciated and it would turn into a gratitude jacket? Sounds weird, but it makes sense... but at the same time, I'm not sure if you can really remove that energy.

I'm a vegetarian, too, by the way. :)
Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM
healinghands23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei
I'm curious what you guys think as to whether leather (clothing in particular) would have bad energy attached to it. If the leather came from an animal that was killed for the meat, it would seem to me that it would have bad energy attached to it - fear, negativity, sorrow, etc. I've seen several stories of animals that were going in to be slaughtered, and the animals literally collapse and start crying because they know what's going to happen. To me, it seems like unless the animal died naturally, that energy would be attached to the leather and then affect anyone wearing it or sitting on it.

I'd really like a leather jacket, but I don't think I want one from a crying animal whose life was suddenly taken away just because somebody at McDonalds wanted a hamburger for lunch. I wouldn't think anything would remove that energy.
Energy is in everything. From the animal to the people who make things. There isn't anything you can touch or breath that doesn't have someone else's energy attached to it. When you touch something, you can feel what kind of energy is associated with it. If there isn't any negative energy then you should be fine. If there is, I'd walk away.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Ascender

No. Eating animals and using them for clothing is absolutely good energy and is good for humans. As long as the animal lived a life as it should live in nature, the animal ate a natural diet as it should, lived a natural good life, it is filled with good energy, just as plants are filled with good energy.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
No. Eating animals and using them for clothing is absolutely good energy and is good for humans. As long as the animal lived a life as it should live in nature, the animal ate a natural diet as it should, lived a natural good life, it is filled with good energy, just as plants are filled with good energy.

Yeah but how do you find a jacket made from leather from an animal that had a good life? Most animals that are raised for meat definitely do NOT have good lives and are not raised in the most ethical ways. Chickens, though obviously not applicable to the leather topic, are commonly raised in cages and not allowed to roam. Don't get me started...

But anyway, I wouldn't think that's something the manufacturer would tell you. No matter how well or poorly the animals are raised, the answer would always be something along the lines of, "Of course they're raised well!" I just don't know how you could tell with clothing.