Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 23-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Knower
Toothpaste, fluoride and the third eye

What does everyone use for Toothpaste? I've been doing some research regarding fluoride and how it affects the third eye. I want to step away from anything that will tamper negatively with my third eye. I thought about stitching to Tom's, which is chemical free. I also don't want to stop taking something that's supposed to "help" our teeth from cavities etc.... any advice? :)
Old 23-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduff
What does everyone use for Toothpaste? I've been doing some research regarding fluoride and how it affects the third eye. I want to step away from anything that will tamper negatively with my third eye. I thought about stitching to Tom's, which is chemical free. I also don't want to stop taking something that's supposed to "help" our teeth from cavities etc.... any advice? :)

This is the one I use

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AloeDent-Tr...ent+toothpaste
Old 24-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Master
(Masters degree in organic chemistry here)

Floride forms an bond through an exchange of surface ions with tooth enamel. ....essentially forming a sacrificial layer over your teeth and preventing erosion from acids in the food you eat.

So floride is very good for your teeth.....

On the other hand. ....floride even I small amounts is toxic to all other cells in your body.....fluoride that makes it to the lower GI has been implicated in colon cancer....

Bottom line for me ? I use a floride toothpaste. ...a spot about the size of a pea....that's really all I takes to gain the cavity protection. .....I'm careful not to swallow any of it....and I rinse well and spit the residue out....

Take this for what you think its worth....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 24-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Pathfinder
I use regular toothpaste and doesn't afraid of anything (pardon me, long time meme-speaker here, *cough*) 'cause my soul is not limited or held back by the wounds of my body nor is it resting solely in a tiny gland in my brain. ;)
Modern Shaman. Sorceress. Energy worker. Astral, out-of-body, dream traveler. Truth-seeker. Reality augmenter. Spirit worker. Ethereal warrior. Shapeshifter. Middle Path walker. That crazy woman with all the wild stories. Proud flyer of the Freak banner.

See you on the flipside, baby.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Master
wz advds 2 us sesadyn coz of sesntiv teefi di

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 29-09-2017, 06:48 PM
Experiencer

Sodium Flouride is very different than naturally occurring fluoride.

The stuff in toothpaste is harmful for your health, and the fact that it is added in our water supply and toothpaste is the biggest offense to man.

I use Earthpaste. It takes time getting used to the no-foam aspect. But I love it and it's a great price. You can find it at any health store or online, but it's more expensive online:

https://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Earth...thpaste&th= 1
Old 05-10-2017, 01:47 AM
Guide
I don't know about all the Tom's varieties, we avoid it because Colgate bought the brand...the Tom's my mom uses, though, has flouride and SLS.

We use hello toothpaste (also on Amazon), the mint-flavored flouride- and SLS-free for me and the oldest two, and the watermelon flavor for the toddler.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
Sodium Flouride is very different than naturally occurring fluoride.

The stuff in toothpaste is harmful for your health, and the fact that it is added in our water supply and toothpaste is the biggest offense to man.

I use Earthpaste. It takes time getting used to the no-foam aspect. But I love it and it's a great price. You can find it at any health store or online, but it's more expensive online:

https://www.amazon.com/Redmond-Earth...thpaste&th= 1

I don't use fluoride toothpaste, either: I buy Desert Essence brand Tea Tree Oil Whitening Plus Toothpaste/cool mint - Sprouts grocery store carries it, initially I found it online at Vitacost.com.

I think it tastes better than Tom's of Maine.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:33 PM
Master
I've read it's good for your teeth enamel to prevent erosion, like Lucky 1 said, and I've read that it's harmful to your health, as jenriggs mentioned. Our dentist really pushes an intense fluoride treatment where ones teeth sit in a tray full of fluoride. They say it helps 'sensitive' teeth and teeth that are already showing erosion (from grinding teeth at night, etc.). But then why don't dental insurances cover the cost of fluoride treatments in dental offices? They must not feel it's a necessary service.

We live on well water so don't have fluoride in our water, but as other people have mentioned on this thread, it's prevalent in most popular tooth pastes and so I think that's enough. Still, I'm tired of arguing with the dentist why I'm turning it down.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
I need flouride for my teeth due to some exposed dentin here and there (which is more prone to decay than the enamel overlay) from overbrushing during my 20s. I don't feel it hurts my being on any level as I don't swallow it. The improved dental check-ups are well worth it too.

As Taurmel said above me, Tom's of Maine has gone the mass-market approach since Colgate bought them and most of their pastes now taste icky-sweet and contain SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) which, for some (including myself), causes all kinds of unpleasant irritations. Even my dental hygienist advocates avoiding any toothpaste containing SLS.

I highly recommend toothpastes by Jason Cosmetics. They're all natural, gentle, and many flavours/types come in both flouride and non-flouride options so you have choices aplenty. I like to use the Sea Fresh, Nutrismile and Powersmile varieties. Look to iHerb or Vitacost online for these at discount prices or check out your local health food stores. I also like Lavera brand and have used Nature's Answer Periobrite. I still use the latter brand's mouthwash (Periowash) in-between brushings and also add it to my water pik sometimes. Works for me! ;-)