Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 04-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Master
Psychic energy, physical health, and mind/body duality

I guess the body and mind is something that lives together, and I have certainly found in my life that too much going on in the brain reflects in the body's health. Even though one may say that mind/body duality is a myth, the attention one pays to the physicality and/or their intellect is still relevant.

I have swung my attention from doing intense meditations, to becoming more intellectual, to working mostly on physical health, but to find a great balance is harder that it may seem. I suggest whatever aspect that anyone neglects will fall into disarray, and then it will demand attention. Like one who neglects the body will end up with a health condition which draws their attention to it, and similarly, if one neglects their spiritual dimension, it loses integrity, and then requires attention.

Perhaps the trick is to be more sensitive to which aspect of the lifeform requires attention, and thus, one spreads their attention more evenly, taking care of the whole scope of themselves, rather than giving special attention to one aspect to the neglect of another.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:58 PM
Pathfinder

Interesting choice of words using psychic energy....maybe that is a concept I missed am I missing a specific question here, thanks.......
Old 05-07-2017, 04:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSound
Interesting choice of words using psychic energy....maybe that is a concept I missed am I missing a specific question here, thanks.......

No questions here.

'Psychic energy', I think, in simple terms, can be thought of as motivation. It is what drives us to do the things we do.
Old 10-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Master
My whole self signals more as a whole nowadays. I really just have to listen to the whole more interconnected. It's an ongoing conscious practice in every way for me. I find as I develop routines it gets easier. It then allows me spontaneous times to let them go because I've kept the balance more Frequent overall. The more " loose and free flow times" don't upset my practice because it's more deeply balanced In normal routines. I'm typing on my phone so hope it makes sense.

Spreading Attention more evenly fits this well..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 11-07-2017, 05:42 AM
Master
Old 11-07-2017, 06:39 AM
Master
Since training to get stronger, physically - well it's also psychological - and motivation is the yin/yang of negativity of dislike balanced with the positivity of like. For example, when a body looks poorly, feels unhealthy, and is deteriorating, that is disliked. But one has to like it enough to do something about it. Yes, the love/hate relationship is psychic energy, and the intensity in that balance is the motivator that arouses the will to do something.

With this is a sensibility which can be expressed in the question, 'what is the best thing for me'? Indeed one has to be honest with themselves in discerning, and not be tricked by vanity. The ego has to be left at the door in contemplation so that a truthful determination is possible, and not a determination for self-gratification. Self gratification is such a surface level 'I want', a type of lust, but 'what is best' in an honest way is quite a deep consideration that could transform one's lifestyle as a whole, so that not only will things be done differently for a while til one gets what they want, but be done differently as whole different way of living.

In my case, my journey into training of course saw physical results, but also far more. Firstly, strength is personal and comes in commitment, dedication, perseverance and persistence and diligence and self-honesty as to one's strengths and limitations. If these strengths are applied to the body, then the body has to adapt to being stronger to match the mental strength which is applied to it. SO, your strength is already here, and it may manifent in time through training the body to endure one's strength of mind. Bruce Lee is a good example of strong mind manifesting strong body.

So where does this strength originate? It's very difficult not to be distracted because the mind is strongly conditioned to be noisy and wild, but one has to know their own mind, with all of it's issues, instabilities, insecurities and traumas, otherwise it may get the better of them, and compel persons to act out of reactivity to the body's discomforts and comforts - thus one loses sight of 'what is best' - and slides back into self-gratification. No one said happiness and pleasure is the same thing, right? With the body there's both pleasure and pain; this is inevitable for physical life, and every single reader has experienced it! I think happiness has a lot to do with 'what is best', because the honesty that question really requires brings out some our finest human virtues.

I trained for a little over a year now and brought the body from degeneration back to life. Its strength is just starting to manifest from the personal strengths I applied to it. This 'mind to body' - that 'mind to train' - has gone deep into me, and constructed the psychological profile of an athlete. That neurological transformation also brought me a new vision of my future. The psychic energy is redirected to motivate me in new directions, to do things I couldn't have dreamed of doing before, and in the same vein, I apply my strengths of character, in this new way, to the physical world, so that my vision may manifest in time.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:36 PM
Experiencer

Mind-body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Since training to get stronger, physically - well it's also psychological - and motivation is the yin/yang of negativity of dislike balanced with the positivity of like. For example, when a body looks poorly, feels unhealthy, and is deteriorating, that is disliked. But one has to like it enough to do something about it. Yes, the love/hate relationship is psychic energy, and the intensity in that balance is the motivator that arouses the will to do something.

With this is a sensibility which can be expressed in the question, 'what is the best thing for me'? Indeed one has to be honest with themselves in discerning, and not be tricked by vanity. The ego has to be left at the door in contemplation so that a truthful determination is possible, and not a determination for self-gratification. Self gratification is such a surface level 'I want', a type of lust, but 'what is best' in an honest way is quite a deep consideration that could transform one's lifestyle as a whole, so that not only will things be done differently for a while til one gets what they want, but be done differently as whole different way of living.

In my case, my journey into training of course saw physical results, but also far more. Firstly, strength is personal and comes in commitment, dedication, perseverance and persistence and diligence and self-honesty as to one's strengths and limitations. If these strengths are applied to the body, then the body has to adapt to being stronger to match the mental strength which is applied to it. SO, your strength is already here, and it may manifent in time through training the body to endure one's strength of mind. Bruce Lee is a good example of strong mind manifesting strong body.

So where does this strength originate? It's very difficult not to be distracted because the mind is strongly conditioned to be noisy and wild, but one has to know their own mind, with all of it's issues, instabilities, insecurities and traumas, otherwise it may get the better of them, and compel persons to act out of reactivity to the body's discomforts and comforts - thus one loses sight of 'what is best' - and slides back into self-gratification. No one said happiness and pleasure is the same thing, right? With the body there's both pleasure and pain; this is inevitable for physical life, and every single reader has experienced it! I think happiness has a lot to do with 'what is best', because the honesty that question really requires brings out some our finest human virtues.

I trained for a little over a year now and brought the body from degeneration back to life. Its strength is just starting to manifest from the personal strengths I applied to it. This 'mind to body' - that 'mind to train' - has gone deep into me, and constructed the psychological profile of an athlete. That neurological transformation also brought me a new vision of my future. The psychic energy is redirected to motivate me in new directions, to do things I couldn't have dreamed of doing before, and in the same vein, I apply my strengths of character, in this new way, to the physical world, so that my vision may manifest in time.

This is great! Thanks for posting this. Something a lot of ppl forget it seems and some thing I have been personally struggling with. This is definitely motivational!
Old 15-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Master
After training seriously, perhaps pushing the envelope a little too far, some problems have developed. Strains have appeared in various places in my body: my left shoulder, my lower back and in the groin tendon of my left leg. I was always careful. I did all my warm up and mobility drills to avoid unnecessary injury, but as powerlifter Mark Bell put it, 'there is no safe way to get stronger'.

Getting stronger has risks. One has to push limitations in order to surpass them, and one has to reach their limitation to know where it is. Things can go horribly wrong, and having the sensibility to mitigate risk is a wisdom gleaned from listening to the body, and without selling yourself short, pushing that envelope without tearing it.

Progress is slow even for the hardest working, so impatience and frustration is part of the game. This reactivity is symptomatic of egoic wanting, which dulls perception and compels reckless activity; Then, injury will manifest in the body to match the mind's agitation.

Calmness is not in any way sedate. On the contrary, it enables vital concentration of psychic energy, and the unity of body and mind. This unity comes when effort is maximised, so that focus is complete; then you'll be amazed at what you can do. Possibility is destroyed by knowing it.

To do, to persist, and to succeed, is not easy. Everyday change is hard enough, but adaptation is even more difficult. It takes earnest resolve, and increasing understanding and appreciation of one's transforming self, to find the love in what you do, to enliven enthusiasm, and by being entirely occupied with what you can do, having no concern for what you can't - one does their best.

Now, move the world.
Old 16-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Master
hi

yes.............................................

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔