Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-08-2014, 11:56 AM
Master
Atheists who imbibe ayahuasca generally have a change of mind-death and the feeling you're dying is very common with aya. it would seem that belief doesn't shape the overall experience.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 01-09-2014, 04:33 AM
SkywalkerStoryteller

Tobi, I agree with your response to that question. As a Buddhist we are taught that it is the quality of a person's mind, their thoughts and actions that determine how they meet death and what they experience. Just because a person does not believe in a "god" does not mean that person has not lived a life of compassion and kindness.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:30 AM
Knower
See, I believe that we create our reality with our thoughts and beliefs. If an atheist believes in nothing, then at first, I believe they will be greeted by "nothing" when they die, possibly darkness - unless they have a deeper belief that overrides the belief they tell themselves.

I was told once by a friend once that we are much more creative in "death" than we are here in this reality.... we create what we believe, until we remember our true nature! Then we can create whatever we want ...
Old 03-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Knower
They'll just live again and again until they finally find God. This is the same for every soul I believe
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Experiencer
My best guess would be the same thing that happens to theist when they die.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 09-09-2014, 10:53 PM
Dream baby

I think they see the afterlife exactly like everyone else. I have been to see Medium demonstrations where they have had spirits come through who were atheists in life, saying "I was so wrong" and "Its a beautiful place" so don't think its any different for them.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:07 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
The atheist has their own vibration and when they die, they will be perfectly matched to the countless planes of existence that match their vibration. If they do not believe in a creator, whatever you want to call them/it, then they will go to the place that perfectly matches that vibration with others that believe as they do.

It is my understanding that, like everyone else, their thoughts and inner pressures at the time of "crossing over" determine what happens next.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:08 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkywalkerStoryteller
Tobi, I agree with your response to that question. As a Buddhist we are taught that it is the quality of a person's mind, their thoughts and actions that determine how they meet death and what they experience. Just because a person does not believe in a "god" does not mean that person has not lived a life of compassion and kindness.

Well put, SkywalkerStoryTeller ! Well put.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Whether a person is an atheist or not will not make much difference when faced with the reality of their existence in the next dimension. It will be about as relevant as any other 'belief' or 'disbelief'. The reality of what is happening will be more important.
Many people will be flexible enough to come to terms quite happily with what is happening to them and go with the flow, but some who are more hard-headed about their cosseted 'beliefs' may find it more difficult to come to terms with and may take more time to acknowledge the reality they find themselves in. Taking your own time about something really doesn't matter, and we have the choice to do that. All will be well.

There are cases of those who never believed in "God" prior to NDEs, but when they are completely surrounded by tremendous forces of Light and Compassion -say that they felt they were in the presence of "God"....

My father was an atheist. Whether he has now discovered "God" or not, I have no idea. But I do know that he is fine, happy, and from what my mother has told me, he is re-united with her. They loved each other. He appears to have found a very good place in the next dimension.

I wonder about that.

Many WON'T be too keen on leaving as they are leaving loved ones etc. Thinking back my two grandmother's had I think, had enough. My two grandfathers I would say (especially on Dad's side) could have had few misgivings about it.

AS for the OP 's question, in my view the "God loves every body" theory takes a president and it's not a problem. There is someone there to meet them etc.
Old 14-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Master
I had an NDE once, south of the equator, I went into what I believe is the lower astral, there were many beings there who had once been in human body, they still carried mental images of who they'd been when in body, so tattoo's, articles of clothing, distinct marking were somewhat visible as they presented as they had viewed themselves before leaving body - they were just waiting. Waiting and waiting. Eternally patient waiting with no sense of time.

I've come to think based on that experience that people who don't have a belief in a Creator God or spirit life after body death end up in this Waiting Zone until something clicks inside them giving them an option/desire/belief to go higher up in the planes. Perhaps a belief given that their consciousness has continued that there is something still to explore?

Hard to say. Interesting seeing the Lower Astral Waiting Que though.