Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Master

Hate is not always the raging skinhead, in fact it's usually much more subtle and is found in the 'good' people. Whether it's hate for race, religion, or whatever group rejected us or we don't fit into, whatever the reason, it still boils down to hate. The 'good' proclaim their innocence with confidence, yet still love to demean the group they're against in a way that makes them seem 'right'.

New Age is just an umbrella term, it's not a specific belief system. One of it's characteristics is prejudice against Christianity. It's a good thing to know our own prejudices, instead of playing the spiritually superior role that acts so perfect and convinces itself it has no hate. But that's kind of the nature of the beast, the spiritual have many good characteristics, but seem to lack the ability to be honest. Which is really just the way humans are, we see ourselves in a good light and ignore the darkness.

The human mind is basically wired for delusion, so we think of ourselves as better or different than others. We exist in a deluded state of seeing ourselves as so independent, especially in the West. Yet this independence that we're so sure and proud of really just shows we are the same as the ones we are against, in this case the fundamentalist Christians that we love to hate so much with our bleeding heart righteous confidence. But of course, none of this applies to anyone here, we are innocent of all charges. lol

As far as you being independent, I mean honestly, you sound like a typical New Ager even though you don't want to be associated with any groups. People just naturally think similarly in groups, but for reason we feel inclined to see ourselves as 'outside', I do the same thing. I don't agree with everything New Age either, but I'm honest enough to know that I'm one of them as much as I hate to admit it.

No 'true' New Ager actually sees themselves as such, they will always deny it. :-)
Old 07-10-2013, 10:01 AM
LadyTerra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Hate is not always the raging skinhead, in fact it's usually much more subtle and is found in the 'good' people. Whether it's hate for race, religion, or whatever group rejected us or we don't fit into, whatever the reason, it still boils down to hate. The 'good' proclaim their innocence with confidence, yet still love to demean the group they're against in a way that makes them seem 'right'.

New Age is just an umbrella term, it's not a specific belief system. One of it's characteristics is prejudice against Christianity. It's a good thing to know our own prejudices, instead of playing the spiritually superior role that acts so perfect and convinces itself it has no hate. But that's kind of the nature of the beast, the spiritual have many good characteristics, but seem to lack the ability to be honest. Which is really just the way humans are, we see ourselves in a good light and ignore the darkness.

The human mind is basically wired for delusion, so we think of ourselves as better or different than others. We exist in a deluded state of seeing ourselves as so independent, especially in the West. Yet this independence that we're so sure and proud of really just shows we are the same as the ones we are against, in this case the fundamentalist Christians that we love to hate so much with our bleeding heart righteous confidence. But of course, none of this applies to anyone here, we are innocent of all charges. lol

As far as you being independent, I mean honestly, you sound like a typical New Ager even though you don't want to be associated with any groups. People just naturally think similarly in groups, but for reason we feel inclined to see ourselves as 'outside', I do the same thing. I don't agree with everything New Age either, but I'm honest enough to know that I'm one of them as much as I hate to admit it.

No 'true' New Ager actually sees themselves as such, they will always deny it. :-)

You speak in absolutes and place everyone in the same category.

You will believe as you choose and so will I (and so) again I say that we are at an impasse and it is time to agree to disagree.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
Old 07-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Master

Quote:
New Age is just an umbrella term, it's not a specific belief system. One of it's characteristics is prejudice against Christianity.

I would plonk myself in the New Age category and yet have a high regard for Christianity - having spent most of my childhood in that camp and then ducked and dived in and out of it in my 20s and 30s, trying to make it work for me - or me for it. And not managing.

And I see now how it was a preparation for a greater understanding of spirituality and I benefitted enormously from it. Sure, it didn't take me as far as I wanted to and it left me with more questions than answers but I got a lot from it.

There is also a beauty in the bible that I find, the poetry in the psalms, or the words of Christ - however mis-translated over the years - they still resonate for me and make me realise that I can surrender into the arms of a higher and greater power who is there for the benefit of my good - and the good of others.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
You speak in absolutes and place everyone in the same category.

You will believe as you choose and so will I (and so) again I say that we are at an impasse and it is time to agree to disagree.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...
I'm presenting ideas that go against typical New Age thinking. I understand that you don't agree, there's nothing wrong with that!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I would plonk myself in the New Age category and yet have a high regard for Christianity - having spent most of my childhood in that camp and then ducked and dived in and out of it in my 20s and 30s, trying to make it work for me - or me for it. And not managing.

And I see now how it was a preparation for a greater understanding of spirituality and I benefitted enormously from it. Sure, it didn't take me as far as I wanted to and it left me with more questions than answers but I got a lot from it.

There is also a beauty in the bible that I find, the poetry in the psalms, or the words of Christ - however mis-translated over the years - they still resonate for me and make me realise that I can surrender into the arms of a higher and greater power who is there for the benefit of my good - and the good of others.
Thanks for sharing. I've heard of people finding greater understanding and deeper level of spirituality both outside and within Christianity. It just depends on the person I guess. Personally I don't think of it as greater or lesser than my beliefs, to me there is no such a thing as one being better than the other in religion/spirituality because it's completely subjective. Many believe their spiritual beliefs are true and others are false, or at least spiritually inferior (a popular idea in New Age reinforced by gurus such as Tolle), but I don't believe that. Whatever works for the individual is the best religion. That's why I don't agree with religious intolerance, to me it has no basis... although there are many arguments against Christianity present here on a fairly regular basis, but then again there are just as many arguments for it.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I've heard of people finding greater understanding and deeper level of spirituality in Christianity, and vice versa. It just depends on the person I guess. Personally I don't think of it as greater or lesser, to me there is no such a thing in spirituality because it's completely subjective. Whatever works best for the individual is the best religion.

Indeed, I'm blessed as I managed to resurrect something from a very difficult and yuck experience - I didn't think I would ever get here to be honest and I'm grateful. I spent many years feeling very contemptuous towards Christianity, it's such a relief to have come through that.

I guess I would just ask that we all remain open minded - that religion meets the needs of many and that's not necessarily a bad thing - as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I struggle with the more fundamental friends on facebook - be they Christian or Muslim or the likes of me who is probably fairly fundamental in my thinking ...

But, that's where I'm at. It took some time.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Indeed, I'm blessed as I managed to resurrect something from a very difficult and yuck experience - I didn't think I would ever get here to be honest and I'm grateful. I spent many years feeling very contemptuous towards Christianity, it's such a relief to have come through that.

I guess I would just ask that we all remain open minded - that religion meets the needs of many and that's not necessarily a bad thing - as long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I struggle with the more fundamental friends on facebook - be they Christian or Muslim or the likes of me who is probably fairly fundamental in my thinking ...

But, that's where I'm at. It took some time.
I'm around some extreme fundamentalists much of the time and I think it's really helped me get past the anger. I see so many similarities between them and New Age friends, and that they really are just caring people trying to do their best. I think spiritual people in a society are very similar even if they have different religions, the environment causes us to think similarly. If you look at the details it wouldn't seem like it, but I'm talking more about core thought processes and looking at it from a bigger perspective.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:26 AM
Juanita

Quote:

Why are you always so obsessed with "hate"? It is always your main "theme"...
Old 09-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Why are you always so obsessed with "hate"? It is always your main "theme"...
If you took time to reflect on how much anti Christian talk goes on here you'd understand. It's called 'religious intolerance'.

"Hate speech is, outside the law, communication that vilifies a person or a group based on discrimination against that person or group."

If it was anti pagan or anti any of the popular beliefs systems here, then it would be a different story. But since Christianity is not as popular in this crowd, it seems ok to use hate speech against it. I think that shows a lack of intelligence. It's the same if someone was talking **** about race or religion -- it's ignorant.

It's also good to let go of prejudice because it deepens our spiritual walk. Not just that but bitterness makes you ugly and have more health problems when you get old.

edited by SF staff

Last edited by in progress : 10-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Juanita

Quote:
If you took time to reflect on how much anti Christian talk goes on here you'd understand. It's called 'religious intolerance'.

"Hate speech is, outside the law, communication that vilifies a person or a group based on discrimination against that person or group."

If it was anti pagan or anti any of the popular beliefs systems here, then it would be a different story. But since Christianity is not as popular in this crowd, it seems ok to use hate speech against it. I think that shows a lack of intelligence. It's the same if someone was talking **** about '******s' and 'jews' -- it's ignorant.

It's also good to let go of prejudice because it deepens our spiritual walk. Not just that but bitterness makes you ugly and have more health problems when you get old.

My point exactly--you are obsessed with "hate". It can't be dislike--it always has to be hate... You can disagree with or dislike a group, but it doesn't mean that you hate them and I don't know why you can't see this...