Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 13-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Ascender
What I Don't Want or Want...

[U[ Abraham says when we decide what we don't want, we know what we want.
Feel free to list your aha moments here....
Old 13-10-2018, 11:53 PM
Ascender
I was updating dating profiles. I realized my issue, I avoid talking to men even online who appear very egotistical or very Life if the party type. So I wrote that I am more introverted seeking the same. So many people have tried to make me into that role, mostly guys and I always felt so awkward. And guys including my x husband bought food for people to buy affection and bragged and I was miserable so it is part of the unhappy attracting narcissists into my life. I feel much better now.
Old 14-10-2018, 12:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
[U[ Abraham says when we decide what we don't want, we know what we want.
Feel free to list your aha moments here....

I don't recall that, but I think that it describes a wrong approach. Thinking about "what we don't want" brings in our reality in like to "what we don't want".

We should banish from our minds "what we don't want", and focus only on "what we want".
Old 14-10-2018, 09:11 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I was updating dating profiles. I realized my issue, I avoid talking to men even online who appear very egotistical or very Life if the party type. So I wrote that I am more introverted seeking the same. So many people have tried to make me into that role, mostly guys and I always felt so awkward. And guys including my x husband bought food for people to buy affection and bragged and I was miserable so it is part of the unhappy attracting narcissists into my life. I feel much better now.
We have to allow people to be themselves, express their individuality even it it's derived from social conditioning, then adjust our interaction as we go. When it comes to dating others much dating these days is done in highly artificial circumstances so the hopeful candidate will always dress their shop window as they think best. But like all shop windows it doesn't indicate what's behind the scenes - so we have to be ready to reappraise as we go and if not liking what we see, be honest and leave. We also have to be ready to make compromises if we hope for any relationships at all.

I agree with inavalan. Hicks' approach is wrong. It often is. I've reached a stage where deciding what I need rather than what I'd like to have. or don't want falls naturally.
Old 20-10-2018, 05:02 PM
Ascender
I am really not that logically motivated. I don't adjust my behavior much, I am myself and not a chameleon.And I am more intuitive and heart centered, emotion based.
Old 23-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Hello there.

If you want to understand what Abraham points out with: "when we decide what we don't want, we know what we want." , you need to follow what Esther is saying in the whole.

Simple using words out of context is not enough.

This advice has to go with/about manifesting something.

Often people are manifesting what they DO NOT WANT. Often it is easy/easier to manifest it. And they wonder, WHY ?
So people ask how to manifest what they want. But they are concentrating on what they do not want and manifesting it, instead of manifesting what they really want.

There is no Not in manifesting, if you want to manifest beautiful relationship, then you surely do not want to use an imagination of a person who is beating you up or some other stupid things.

And logic is not needed at all, to understand it: You get what you ASK for - either one OR the Other.

Rather use imagination and concentrate only of what you really want (the feelings and emotions that you do want to experience) and imagine/feel only that. And so it is true,that by deciding what you do not want, you automatically KNOW what you DO want.