Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-03-2011, 01:18 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by deztini3
Read my previous post and no, of course not. Why would you waste your precious time writing these ridiculous questions?

I merely said that these are the things i would like the most to know. Its just an expression to verify that it is important to me to know these things through people who consider themselves special and able to know things that most people dont.

I did read your posting and that's why I asked what I did.

In return I might respond why waste your precious time asking questions whose answers you couldn't understand anyway? Why not try small steps as is customary with new subjects?

"I merely said that these are the things....." Well me too brother but I'd ask in the right places if I didn't already know that the answers ain't gonna be forthcomin' anyway from the sources you'd suggested earlier.

As Georgey Bush was reported to have said, "Don't misunderestimate me" and as he might have actually said "I ain't half as dumb as I seem."

enjoy!
Old 13-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Knower

I apologize for my previous arrogance. I guess i am just frustrated due to lack of empirical evidence related to the subject i am most interested in, and the only way of coming closer to the truth is believing people who claim to have some sort of answers. The answers are most likely inaccurate and that is what bothers me the most. There is so much uncertainty involved in all this. We have definite answers to so many things, but not to the things that i consider to be of the most importance in this life. We simply live without uncertainty of what comes next and i believe that what we do in this life will have great significance on what lies ahead. People ask me whats wrong with me on a daily basis. They can´t seem to comprehend what exactly bothers me. They want to put me in therapy that revolves around making me feel better. But what they don´t understand is the problem i have in the first place. I have no ambition in being a part of what the average human being does in life, such as contributing to the maintenance of society. Society is merely a mechanism that helps us have easier time living for an insignificant purpose, a purpose of simply living in complete uncertainty. I also realize that it is important, but the importance creates ignorance that overwhelms the quest for a higher truth. Theres nothing that can "help" me, really. I really want to talk to a very skilled, wise medium and discuss everything so that i can at least understand the unknown better. I want to make decisions in life based on knowledge i have on the greater. I want to progress through this life not as a building block for society but as a person that acknowledges that there is a higher and greater more important meaning to why i am here.
Old 13-03-2011, 08:16 PM
mac

deztini3 I apologize for my previous arrogance. No problem - we're good

I guess i am just frustrated due to lack of empirical evidence related to the subject i am most interested in, this is one guy you don't need to explain that to...

and the only way of coming closer to the truth is believing people who claim to have some sort of answers. I beg to differ. As long as you accept you could only ever begin to get closer - become less distant? - then I'd sugest there are things which can be considered.... Only you would know if you're prepared to learn from others who almost certainly do have a better knowledge level.

The answers are most likely inaccurate and that is what bothers me the most. If you're totally hostile to anything that isn't wholly accurate, isn't wholly embracing of all facts known, that would be a stumbling block.

There is so much uncertainty involved in all this. We have definite answers to so many things, but not to the things that i consider to be of the most importance in this life. It's again down to how much you're expecting, how much you're prepared to seek, how much you're prepared to cut you coat to match your cloth...

We simply live without uncertainty of what comes next. I don't share your uncertainty and yet I don't know the vast majority of what there is to be known.... and i believe that what we do in this life will have great significance on what lies ahead. As it has since humankind emerged in the form it has nowadays - nothing new under the sun as the saying goes.....

People ask me whats wrong with me on a daily basis. They can´t seem to comprehend what exactly bothers me. Dare you not allow that to be the case? May they not experience their own individuality, be their own persons?

They want to put me in therapy that revolves around making me feel better. I make no comment on that because that is not my field....

But what they don´t understand is the problem i have in the first place. I have no ambition in being a part of what the average human being does in life, such as contributing to the maintenance of society. The go your way, be yourself but maybe also realise that the ignorance of your situation doesn't stop others trying to help in the best way they are able....

Society is merely a mechanism that helps us have easier time living for an insignificant purpose, a purpose of simply living in complete uncertainty. Wrong!

I also realize that it is important, but the importance creates ignorance that overwhelms the quest for a higher truth. And now you're showing your ignorance of the bit of truth that is actually easy to find.....

Theres nothing that can "help" me, really. That appears to be your self-diagnosis, a self fulfilling one.....

I really want to talk to a very skilled, wise medium and discuss everything so that i can at least understand the unknown better. Join the club! Let me know when you've found that elusive beast....

I want to make decisions in life based on knowledge i have on the greater. Ain't gonna happen - you're gonna have to work if you want results...and accept that you're nobody special, just like the rest of us. Get over it!

I want to progress through this life not as a building block for society but as a person that acknowledges that there is a higher and greater more important meaning to why i am here. Then do it and stop complaining, stop whining about stuff you could do something about...I did it and I'm nobody special, believe you me!

I say these words without hostility, trying to help, trying to show you you're not on your own. You can be who you want to be provided you're not setting the bar deliberately too high to succeed and if you're willing to accept that one lifetime will NEVER be enough to learn all you'd like to know.

mac
Old 13-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Knower

Thank you for your time to reply to my pathetic little epiphany mac.

You seem to emphasize much in telling me that i am not special.

I realize that i am not special in relation to existence just so you know that. I know that my little journey to a higher truth is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and i admit that i spoke as if i considered myself of great importance but thats not entirely correct. I do admit that am self centered and i sometimes have a hard time caring for others feelings but i have only lived for 18 years so i believe that i can improve myself. And especially because i realize that, that is one of the main purposes in ones journey.

And thanks for the irony.

"Join the club! Let me know when you've found that elusive beast...."

Only by that comment you have shown that you look down upon me, and for what? It is only a realistic desire for a curious person wouldnt you assume? And not even an impossible one.

"I don't share your uncertainty and yet I don't know the vast majority of what there is to be known"

That doesn´t make any sense to me.

"If you're totally hostile to anything that isn't wholly accurate, isn't wholly embracing of all facts known, that would be a stumbling block. "

If that was the case then i probably wouldnt be posting on this site would i?

"It's again down to how much you're expecting, how much you're prepared to seek, how much you're prepared to cut you coat to match your cloth..."

Okay, so. I expect to win the lottery tomorrow, that means that i´m more likely to win right? I´m prepared to seek to the boundaries of knowledge.

"Dare you not allow that to be the case? May they not experience their own individuality, be their own persons? "

Of course they can. But it doesnt change how limited in thought they are.

"Then go your way, be yourself but maybe also realise that the ignorance of your situation doesn't stop others trying to help in the best way they are able...."

I didn´t say that i refused to do my part in society since i also stated that i acknowledged its importance. I just said that i am not as ambitious as other people to follow the path of devotion to work and school to achieve insignificant things in the grand scheme of things. Thats why i said that people cannot comprehend my "problem" and explained why they can´t by describing the effect on what society has on people. Let me get it clearer for you. The environment that society consists of has a hypnotizing effect on people. It clouds simple minds into ignoring important things and embracing simple things such as a new video game or new shoes and such. Hence inability to understand why i do not give a ...... about these things.

"Wrong!"

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

"That appears to be your self-diagnosis, a self fulfilling one..... "

I was referring to methods used in curing the average depression, in which the people who are trying to help me believe will work on my "case"

"Ain't gonna happen - you're gonna have to work if you want results...and accept that you're nobody special, just like the rest of us. Get over it! "

What am i doing right now? Am i not working by the definition that word has in context to what i seek?

"Then do it and stop complaining, stop whining about stuff you could do something about...I did it and I'm nobody special, believe you me!"

Well, you see.. i do not know people in real life that can help me seek answers to what i want so i decided to use this cool revolutionary thing called the internet to quickly access a community devoted to these subjects. I figured that, that could lessen the "whining".

"I did it and I'm nobody special, believe you me!"

So you embarked on a journey to a higher truth and all you have to say is that?

I do realize that i am not special in this existence but i do not tell myself every day that i am nothing.

Maybe you should stop telling yourself that. It can´t be good for your esteem unless you thrive on the thought that you dont matter of course.

Thanks again for spending some of your time to try to help me, i really appreciate your ambition to try to help others.

I say these words without hostility. (no irony included)
Old 14-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
I apologize for my previous arrogance. I guess i am just frustrated due to lack of empirical evidence related to the subject i am most interested in, and the only way of coming closer to the truth is believing people who claim to have some sort of answers. The answers are most likely inaccurate and that is what bothers me the most. There is so much uncertainty involved in all this. We have definite answers to so many things, but not to the things that i consider to be of the most importance in this life. We simply live without uncertainty of what comes next and i believe that what we do in this life will have great significance on what lies ahead. People ask me whats wrong with me on a daily basis. They can´t seem to comprehend what exactly bothers me. They want to put me in therapy that revolves around making me feel better. But what they don´t understand is the problem i have in the first place. I have no ambition in being a part of what the average human being does in life, such as contributing to the maintenance of society. Society is merely a mechanism that helps us have easier time living for an insignificant purpose, a purpose of simply living in complete uncertainty. I also realize that it is important, but the importance creates ignorance that overwhelms the quest for a higher truth. Theres nothing that can "help" me, really. I really want to talk to a very skilled, wise medium and discuss everything so that i can at least understand the unknown better. I want to make decisions in life based on knowledge i have on the greater. I want to progress through this life not as a building block for society but as a person that acknowledges that there is a higher and greater more important meaning to why i am here.

I, and others, can answer your questions but our answers will hold very little meaning for you. Until you are willing to find the answers for yourself all we can do is point you gently in the right direction. If you want to know these things you should stand on the shoulders of those who came before you. Start reading the great philosophers and religious leaders. Find those great men of history that inspire you and learn about them.
Old 14-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Knower

@athribiristan

No, i´m ready now. I´ll try my best in understanding your answers.
Old 14-03-2011, 02:45 PM
mac

Quote:
Thank you for your time to reply to my pathetic little epiphany mac.

You seem to emphasize much in telling me that i am not special.

I realize that i am not special in relation to existence just so you know that. I know that my little journey to a higher truth is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and i admit that i spoke as if i considered myself of great importance but thats not entirely correct. I do admit that am self centered and i sometimes have a hard time caring for others feelings but i have only lived for 18 years so i believe that i can improve myself. And especially because i realize that, that is one of the main purposes in ones journey.

And thanks for the irony.

"Join the club! Let me know when you've found that elusive beast...."

Only by that comment y...............
Thanks again for spending some of your time to try to help me, i really appreciate your ambition to try to help others.

I say these words without hostility. (no irony included)

I replied to each of the points you made - you've been picking-and-choosing from my replies to suit your own agenda.

You'll hate me for saying this but until you put in some effort you won't go very far.

I've been where you are and now I'm not. That didn't happen by accident or by my questioning some all-knowing sage. There ain't many in this world so there's no quick-fix learning - one needs to make the effort and if my experience is any guide, the answers will come in pieces, bits here, bits there.

Just one section you haven't respond to: "and the only way of coming closer to the truth is believing people who claim to have some sort of answers. I beg to differ. As long as you accept you could only ever begin to get closer - become less distant? - then I'd suggest there are things which can be considered.... Only you would know if you're prepared to learn from others who almost certainly do have a better knowledge level. Seems to me that the last sentence was highly relevant to your outlook.

You're young and have a long way to go.

good luck, goodbye
Old 14-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
No, i´m ready now. I´ll try my best in understanding your answers.

OK but be warned: many of my answers will alternately scare you, make you angry, or make you cry. This is not because I am a so-and-so, but because I am about to challenge everything you believe in.

Quote:
I guess i am just frustrated due to lack of empirical evidence related to the subject i am most interested in, and the only way of coming closer to the truth is believing people who claim to have some sort of answers.

There is no empirical evidence. Stop looking. This journey is personal and subjective. This is an inward exploration in which you are the only paticipant. Noone else can do this for you. We can push you along, we can help you stand when you fall down, we can be a shoulder for you to lean (or cry) on, but you are the one who has to place one foot in front of the other and walk the path. The answers that I offer are my Truth, they will not necessarily be your Truth. Take what sounds right for you at the time and move on. Seek clarification but if something isn't making sense to you, leave it for later.

People ask me whats wrong with me on a daily basis. They can´t seem to comprehend what exactly bothers me. They want to put me in therapy that revolves around making me feel better. But what they don´t understand is the problem i have in the first place. I have no ambition in being a part of what the average human being does in life, such as contributing to the maintenance of society.

Me either brother. I don't shop at Wal-mart, I don't eat fast food, I don't watch TV. All of those things distract us from our spiritual journey.

Society is merely a mechanism that helps us have easier time living for an insignificant purpose, a purpose of simply living in complete uncertainty.

First lesson: Free Will. You choose your purpose. If you choose to live in complete uncertainty, you will be completely uncertain. You have already taken a big step in a new direction by coming here and asking these questions. You are seeking certainty or clarity.

Theres nothing that can "help" me, really.

Only you can 'help' you.

I really want to talk to a very skilled, wise medium and discuss everything so that i can at least understand the unknown better. I want to make decisions in life based on knowledge i have on the greater.

I am not a medium. I make it a habit not to allow other spirits to enter me. Bad experiece with a demon once; long story short, I learned my lesson. I do however have a great deal of knowledge about what you call the 'greater', both from research and personal experience.

I want to progress through this life not as a building block for society but as a person that acknowledges that there is a higher and greater more important meaning to why i am here.

Then do it. You choose your purpose. Free Will. Break away from the societal norms and join the 'higher and greater'.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by Kaere : 14-03-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 14-03-2011, 04:26 PM
glenos

Whoaaa, you guys.. Mac and Athribiristan. Solid gold.

G
Old 14-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Knower

@athribiristan

Thanks for answering me but your answers didnt affect me at all nor challenged my beliefs..

Unless you were expecting me to ask you further questions..

I will then..

Tell me about that demon experience, that sounds like an intriguing story..

And tell me everything you "know" about the other realm and the experiences you have had with it.

Anecdotes are my favorites in relation to this subject, and i learn most from them.