Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 13-01-2013, 12:24 PM
Master
Jews and Yahveh are the same being!

Jews were and are religious. They believe in Father God, the Creator. They believe they are not God themselves, but only created beings.

However, the longer Jews believe in Yahveh the sooner they and Yahveh will become ONE. This huge and great God that they believe in will start manifesting Himself as Jews own self. The seperation between God and Jews will diminish.

If one is religious one slowly marries God. God starts seperate and vast, but slowly the God and the self combine into the same being. The division vanishes. It becomes impossible to believe in God without accepting that you ARE that God you believe in. You will realise that you have turned full circle and have ended up at the beginning again.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Master
Honza I agree that it may sometimes seem this way or be understood in this way, similar to the way in which anything (including God as All) may be wholly externalised and thus diminished by our human limitations.

However the truth is that there is a rich and varied concept of the Divine, as varied as there are souls in existence.
And whether traditionally religious or broadly spiritual or just human, I do agree that our understanding of divinity or spirit becomes broader, richer, and more deeply interwoven.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 17-01-2013, 02:19 PM
orHashem

I don't know what is your background knowledge about Judaism, but, it seems that what you're talking about (kind of) is already known to us Jews, though we don't say it much loud because a lot of this knowledge is secret which we can not publish or explain to all - yet.
But a little of what you're talking about is actually the basis of our belief.
We say every day "Hear Israel Hashem is our Lord Hashem is one", and the teaching of the words "is one" is taught to every Jewish child that 'One' means that he is one and united with everything - there is nothing separate from him at all - he is in our souls, our body, spirit, veins, blood and everything - even plants and animals and etc - this is the belief of Judaism.

But (!) there's a thin (and very important) line between know that God is also one with us, than to say "I'm God" - that is an incorrect way to say or think like that.
Even though yes - God is within us and actually kind of our self being itself - it doesn't make us a bit like god's - on the contrary - it makes us feel like nothing , to feel so tiny near the infinity light of God that we are actually nothing, but from that self canceling and humbleness we feel also the greatest - without any arrogant and egoism and pride - only a feeling of willing to do good to others and to be close to good of any form.

Those are two opposites of the same belief - we are one with him though he is our Lord and we awe of him and love him and one with him - and although he is within us and a part of us - there's still a human side of us which isn't perfect and we can't know all the secrets and wisdoms of this universe - he is the only one who is one with all and by that he knows all and sees all and knows what is the best for us.
This world and universe is a complexed beautiful calculated smart spiritual and physical system which a human being must to be a fool to think to know even the slightest bit of it -this is the arrogance of the scientists and atheists and even "spiritual people" who think that they are God's and knows all - because no human being - even the Massiah himself - doesn't know everything - only God.

And that's what we learn as Jews and by the help of God we will teach it to all the people of the world soon.

So don't be worry to Jews so much - we know more than you think we know ;)
Old 17-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Yamah

The analogy of marriage is between Zeir Anpin and the Shechinah, two faces of God: God's Supernal Nature and the Indwelling Presence. This is a deep concept and more than I'd like to get into, but suffice to say that the marriage of these two aspects of God has been the life's work of many great kabbalists, both in learning about this concept and in attempting to expedite it.

You are always so very close, Honza... but something always seems to tweak your wisdom at the final stage. What is it you are missing?
Old 18-01-2013, 09:30 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by orHashem
I don't know what is your background knowledge about Judaism, but, it seems that what you're talking about (kind of) is already known to us Jews, though we don't say it much loud because a lot of this knowledge is secret which we can not publish or explain to all - yet.
But a little of what you're talking about is actually the basis of our belief.
We say every day "Hear Israel Hashem is our Lord Hashem is one", and the teaching of the words "is one" is taught to every Jewish child that 'One' means that he is one and united with everything - there is nothing separate from him at all - he is in our souls, our body, spirit, veins, blood and everything - even plants and animals and etc - this is the belief of Judaism.

But (!) there's a thin (and very important) line between know that God is also one with us, than to say "I'm God" - that is an incorrect way to say or think like that.
Even though yes - God is within us and actually kind of our self being itself - it doesn't make us a bit like god's - on the contrary - it makes us feel like nothing , to feel so tiny near the infinity light of God that we are actually nothing, but from that self canceling and humbleness we feel also the greatest - without any arrogant and egoism and pride - only a feeling of willing to do good to others and to be close to good of any form.

Those are two opposites of the same belief - we are one with him though he is our Lord and we awe of him and love him and one with him - and although he is within us and a part of us - there's still a human side of us which isn't perfect and we can't know all the secrets and wisdoms of this universe - he is the only one who is one with all and by that he knows all and sees all and knows what is the best for us.
This world and universe is a complexed beautiful calculated smart spiritual and physical system which a human being must to be a fool to think to know even the slightest bit of it -this is the arrogance of the scientists and atheists and even "spiritual people" who think that they are God's and knows all - because no human being - even the Massiah himself - doesn't know everything - only God.

And that's what we learn as Jews and by the help of God we will teach it to all the people of the world soon.

So don't be worry to Jews so much - we know more than you think we know ;)

Judaism manifests itself, expresses itself, in widely diverse ways that are, at times, at odds with one another. And yet each is an authentic manifestation and expression. It is often problematic for me to read someone's declaration that this what we Jews know, what we Jews are taught, what we Jews believe, what we Jews do. More often, it is what some Jews "know", are taught , believe and do. Your statements are misleading because they are presented as THE Jewish position rather than as A Jewish position.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 19-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
You are always so very close, Honza... but something always seems to tweak your wisdom at the final stage. What is it you are missing?

Peace with God?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:51 AM
Master
That makes sense.

When God talked to Moses he said- "I am that I am" which basically means God just IS. God is more of a Consciousness than a literal person. It seems like when God is called "The Most High" it sounds like "The Highest State of Being". This is Absolute, One, and Ultimate Reality.

I guess this is why Jews had it right from day one! Satan in the picture is not a separate being from God. God can not have an opposite. Satan is merely part of the Whole Ultimate Reality.

It wasn't until the Church Fathers came around and turn so much "Oneness" into dualism and dry Greek logic.

Jesus's proclamation: "I and my Father are One" which was NOT historically said was basically John's Gospel telling his audience that Jesus of Nazareth basically attained that oneness with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. But Jesus himself as a human being NEVER declared to be God Himself.

This is the ultimate destination for all souls. We need to return to the Supreme-consciousness and become united with Him. I hope that isn't too heretical on this board.