Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-04-2016, 12:44 PM
Master
The cruelty and deprivation in the world is a very complicated. From what perspective, then, can I approach a question such as 'why is the material world so nasty? Should I respond from the position of the abjectly depraved or from the alter view of self aggrandised magnificence? Where exactly do I place myself in context with this nastiness? Do I use its degeneracy to define my own virtue? Its folly to define my wisdom? Can I realistically depart myself from it in this way in order to address it as though from above it, or must I, to be at all accurate, respond from within its depths?
Old 09-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
But is this necessary , this may be what they want to know. There is great potential, isn't there.

Hi lemex,

Well, here we are.

So you tell me.... is it necessary?

Is that a relevant question?

~ J

Old 09-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi lemex,

Well, here we are.

So you tell me.... is it necessary?

Is that a relevant question?

Yes, so true, logically it is as it is. It is obvious.

As you've mentioned we are conditioned to accept. The paradigm is making sure we see and ask is it necessary to shed conditioning which come to us from others. For me, yes, we are here, but by what right am I. Is this at all valid.

I sometimes think religions tell and tests that which we are suppose to know and confront, and say, but this is my theory. So long as we do not, are forced to remain in the dark. If one practices ascension can one move on. People have a hunger to move on but are we ready. Right now as we are here now might we be the same in the next realm. Must we first change.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:37 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Indianspirit,

The material world is 'nasty' due to a conditional ignorance intrinsic to the physical existence itself.

Fortunately, this condition may be transformed - what spirituality consciously seeks to achieve.

This means the nasty material world is also a stupendous universal opportunity.

~ J

This.

Through Grace, what was seen as that, can be known as This.

It's an opportunity for those so inclined, but it's not an every man journey perhaps from what I hear...

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 10-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianspirit
After I learned about nde's and all and went from atheist to "there's more out there", I know this sounds silly but why do we incarnate into a world with such "nastyness"? According to the Christians it's because of sin but I really haven't heard a good explanation from "spiritualists". This is kind of a silly question but if we can exist without bodies why jump into a world with bodies that have sweat, blood, and other "secretions" that are not biologically attractive? Why is there such things as trash? I mean I've heard explanations on like disease, disease exists so people can treat other people and show them love or whatnot... but I mean the world doesn't make much sense switching from an athiest to a "there's more out there" viewpoint. What I mean is, a lot of stuff in the world seems unneccessary and silly if there exists a realm where you can have a spiritual body and accomplish pretty much the same things... The reason why this question seems so silly is because these kinds of things we just ignore on a day to day basis. But why not just use the astral body as a body? Why have a body that has nose secretions, blood, waste... a world with trash, gooey stuff, repulsive smells when you could concievably design a body that either doesn't have these things (is etherial) or just doesn't respond to them (the brain is nor wired to interpret repulsivity or pain)?

The Christians say it's sin. What do like "spiritualists" say?

As per Hinduism, the world presently is in Kali Yuga or the Dark Ages, which is charecterised by unprincipled materialism and decline in values . The negativity in this age is greater than that of any other age.

The compensatory positive in this age is that it takes much lesser time to embrace the divine than that of the other time periods. This is because leading a good, virtuous life in the Kali Yuga is a great austerity in itself.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 11-04-2016, 10:40 AM
Master
Quote:
After I learned about nde's and all and went from atheist to "there's more out there", I know this sounds silly but why do we incarnate into a world with such "nastyness"? According to the Christians it's because of sin but I really haven't heard a good explanation from "spiritualists". This is kind of a silly question but if we can exist without bodies why jump into a world with bodies that have sweat, blood, and other "secretions" that are not biologically attractive? Why is there such things as trash? I mean I've heard explanations on like disease, disease exists so people can treat other people and show them love or whatnot... but I mean the world doesn't make much sense switching from an athiest to a "there's more out there" viewpoint. What I mean is, a lot of stuff in the world seems unneccessary and silly if there exists a realm where you can have a spiritual body and accomplish pretty much the same things... The reason why this question seems so silly is because these kinds of things we just ignore on a day to day basis. But why not just use the astral body as a body? Why have a body that has nose secretions, blood, waste... a world with trash, gooey stuff, repulsive smells when you could concievably design a body that either doesn't have these things (is etherial) or just doesn't respond to them (the brain is nor wired to interpret repulsivity or pain)?

The choice is either your spirituality or material. Both are considered opposites to each other. Very black and white situation/thinking.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Seeker

One way of looking at it is to see the world as a manifestation of the spirit world in a much denser form. The evil deeds, the cruelty, the poverty, and the other depressing things have their root cause in humanity's collective subconscious.

The Biblical Fall was a fall from a state of grace, from a state of higher consciousness. Our job is to help raise the level up again by working on ourselves first and foremost, and thereby collectively contributing to the whole.

We'll get there, but it's going to take time :)
Old 13-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Master
Quote:

the Earth is a grand meeting place.
many, many varied energies have found there way here.
each has had it's own trajectory and reasons for coming.
some spirits view physical manifestation as a means to experience.
some have come to exploit other energies, and some to be exploited.
there are myriad potential answers to your questions, none of which is
likely to be 100% accurate for 100% of those involved.
one cause for the nastiness has been the competition for rulership.
another is misguided evolution, or non-intentional creation, or perceptions
made through ignorance (all of which may be the same thing).

the promise has been that the Earth is a paradise.
that promise is (finally) coming true.
when people come together and work for the planet, rather than
against it and against each other, the nastinesses will evaporate.
the change has come.
Old 13-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Why have a..... world with trash, gooey stuff, repulsive smells ...?

"Souls" like us made this earth and everything on it.... while in the astral world.
Old 13-04-2016, 07:27 PM
Master

Why is the material world so nasty?

We have a choice or a combination of answers:

1. The existence of the material world is predicated on death. For life to exist something has to die. Fuel must burn to either warm us, generate electricity, or power our vehicles. Animals and plants must die to provide us sustenance. People, themselves, will kill other humans, if necessary, to acquire any and all of these things that sustain life.

2. Free will is responsible. If all men have free will there will be conflict when those different free wills are different.

3. The existence of the ego signifies our separation from God. We are no longer one with God. This exit from Eden led us to the material world. In this sense, the material world is a parallel universe to spiritual world. Unfortunately, the material world is dependent on death whereas the spiritual world is characterized by eternal life.