Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 29-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Hawk Totem

On the 18th or 19th of this month I had gone out shopping and while riding in the car, I kept noticing all these hawks up in trees. It was one right after another - and not just going to the place, but also coming back from there.

Never experienced anything like that before.

I am guessing that the Hawk is now a totem for me...
Old 29-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Sira

That's wonderful! I am not sure what my totem animal is - I just know that whenever I need reinforcement, protection or consolation, a cat appears.
The most powerful guidance I always receive from the spider... go figure. Lastly I have been guided and protected by snake and tiger... they are still present here =)
Old 29-12-2010, 05:19 PM
Master
Yes whenever I see an animal over and over again I think okay that's my totem animal for me. Also I meditated once and asked the spirits who my totem animal was, I have a BIG BLACK cat I mean HUGE and looks like a panther and he comes and nudges me right after I asked that question I took that as a sign that the black panther was my totem animal.
Spiritlite.
Old 31-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Yep - awhile ago, I had met a woman who's totem was the Hawk and we got along great (because her totem tends to be misunderstood too)..as at that time I associated with the Shark.

I read some decent info on the Hawk on line - and I understand it all better.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:23 AM
Ciqala

If you see them a lot, and/or they follow you around, and they are in your presence a lot they are probably totems! I have the hawk as a guide, very wise teacher, comes to me in my mind as well, don't see them much around town, but they used to follow me around everyone out in the country, now i just see their spirit forms.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:27 PM
Kapitan_Prien

I live in town, but I don't have to go very far outside of town before I see them. I wish there would be more of them in town though, because there are way too many squirrels in town. There needs to be more predators to get rid of some of them.

The one I see the most is the Red Tailed Hawk - pretty common where I live:

Old 03-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Ciqala

Ooh nice :) I'm not sure the breed of hawk around where i am at the west coast here, but man do i miss living in the wilderness. I have a lot of winged ones as totems. The farm in black creek i used to live in, the eagles would live on one side, the ravens would live on the other, owls would be everywhere, and the hawks, the amazing ones that let out that beautiful screech, would soar above. the vultures were simply stunning, the kind out here, had beautiful brown markings on their wings. my main totems are ravens, but all the birds would gather around my little trailer, wake me up in the mornings, play with my wolf dog (whom i miss dearly, can't have him in town either) and they would litter their feathers all around my yard for me. they would follow me everywhere i went. some of the birds, mostly ravens, would peek in my window and caw at me, it was sometimes annoying, ravens don't sound angelic. the eagles had beautiful voices, and so does the hawk. in town, i have that annoying blue heron, my friends guide eating all my fish, and crows follow me around everywhere and it creeps out people, and i see ravens, and eagles often, but that's about it.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Cool.

I saw a Bald Eagle several months back, flying freely. Something I've always wanted to see - not a caged Bald Eagle but a free one. Man...those Eagles are HUGE!

I was in a parking lot when I saw this unusually large bird circling in the thermals and I thought to myself that it couldn't be a Turkey Vulture because it was way bigger than that. Then it turned at just the right angle and I saw its white head! It was one of the most amazing experiences in my life.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Ciqala

Awesome, eagles are such a breathtaking sight. Yeah, they're huge, especially when you see one really close up haha. You mean you've seen caged eagles before? Lol don't think ive ever seen a bird in a parking lot, other than a crow, that must stand for something for you, perhaps thats a totem. I saw an eagle fighting a raven in flight many times, quite amazing.

One time i saw the most heinous bird, and i still don't know what it was, it was bigger than a turky vulture, prickly, red, scraggly, as tall i was, and we don't have emus here or other foreign birds here, so i have no idea what it was. It's existence puzzled me. And it was also weird because i was standing in an area full of eagles and ravens, then i look over and this thing was so out of place there.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Kapitan_Prien

No I've never seen a caged eagle before - but I've said to myself that if I were to ever see an eagle - that I wanted to see it flying freely.

I did have a dream about Bald Eagles some time ago, I think it was 2 years ago. In the dream there was one that had its feathers messed up and I was trying to help it fix its feathers. Got to have clean and 'sorted' feathers in order to fly well.

That is weird - we have Turkey Vultures too and I have seen them up close so I know what you mean with regards to size. I don't know what it would be...