Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 AM
freedevil

Tips on using the Pendulum

Hello,

I've been using my pendulum and I wanted to share some tips I learned along the way. I can't tell you who answers the questions but you can call your spirit guide if you know their name.

Everything is spoken out loud. I am going to assume you know yes/no/need more info/don't know. I only use yes/no.

Step 1: Hydrate. Fill a glass of water and light a candle in close proximity to you.
Step 2: Keep both feet firmly planted on the floor, carpet, etc.
Step 3: Say, "I call upon Archangel Michael to bless and clear this pendulum"
Step 4: Close your eyes, ask your guides to surround your body with a white light and try to visualize it.
Step 5. Open your eyes and state your intentions. I say "I call upon Nameofyourguide my Guardian Angel (she's my spirit guide, it doesn't matter) being of light" If you don't know the name, "I call upon my spirit guides divine beings of light."
Step 6: Verify. Are you Nameofyourguide, my Guardian Angel? If yes, are you a being a light? You should get a yes.
Step 7: This next step is crucial. Ask, Is there interference Nameofyourguide? You want to see a no here.
Step 8: End session by repeating Step 3.

Some people get a lot of interference and don't realize it. After every 2-3 questions, I repeat steps 6 and 7. You can reduce interference by holding your pendulum above the candle flame. It may melt a little or turn black but it'll wash off. Just don't dunk it in the flame. I get a lot of interference at night and much less during the day but I always hold mine over a flame. I hold mine over the flame because it's a tip I learned from my guide. Negative and bad spirits don't like the light from the flame but some still join the party.

What to do if Step 7 says, yes there is interference. Don't be scared or frightened. You won't get possessed. Just say, "I call upon Archangel Michael to clear and bless this pendant, this is closed session between me and Nameofyourguide being of light." Then repeat steps 6 and 7. Sometimes, you'll keep getting annoyed by interference, you can dunk the pendulum in the flame (at your own risk) to annoy them back and just end the session by repeating Step 3.

Three types of people who attract the most interference:
1. People with dormant Shaman abilities.
2. People that don't have enough light in them, someone not fully awake but on their way there, which a lot of the members here are.
3. The oblivious one's who never check or bother. They just talk to their pendulum and whoever answers well answers.

Types of questions the pendulum can't tell you:
1. Tell you about strangers.
2. The distant future.
3. When will I... hmm nerp.

How can I ask personal stuff then?
1. Have some fun -- You can pick a card from a deck of cards and without looking at it place it on the chair next to you (assume it's clubs). Speak out loud, I have placed a card next to me on the chair. I am going to call out aces, club, spades, and hearts. When it matches tell me yes. Aces (no movement), clubs (it moves). You can use this for getting an opinion between things, shopping, buying crystals, pendants, just about anything with options that you are struggling on.

This is how I like to talk to my guides. You'll find your own way to phrase things. You can ask, "Is it aces?" I believe Amy Grant on youtube likes to always say, "At this point in time is it optimal" that I am female. You can just ask if you're female. Her wording can be used for later questions.

2. Here is where you can use Amy's way. I don't but it's up to you, whatever feels right. Should I marry John Lastname? That's quite generic and you may receive an answer. Then you can ask "At this point in my life, will I be happy if I married John?" Then you can ask "Is John my twin flame" and "is John my soulmate?" There are many ways to ask a question and it's best to ask the same question a few times in different ways.

3. Cheat --- just ask if you can ask. Am I allowed to ask you if John has slept with another woman in the last year? You can learn a lot by experimenting about what you can or cannot ask. For example "Do you know my crushes name?" Yes. "Can you spell his name out for me" Yes. Now you're so happy, you grab your ABC chart and you get this LMRSDFSDRF. What? You ask again, "Can you spell his name" You get a yes. Freeze here and think about it. Yes, they know these things but the question is poorly worded. "Are you allowed to tell me his name?" You'll get a no. Try it if you have a crush on a stranger, "That stranger I like from the gym (picture him in your mind), are you allowed to tell me if he likes me?"

Other tips:
1. After you get your answer, if the swing is too weak. Say, put some muscle into it. Swing harder for me. It will.
2. You received a answer but it's swinging wildly. Say go back to neutral. It will.
3. As you use it more often, it'll start answering by reading your thoughts before you complete the sentence. Tell it to slow down and wait if that gets confusing. It will.
4. Don't get addicted to it for every day decisions. In the beginning, you'll rely on it a lot and thats fine since you are excited and learning.
5. Your goal is to step up from the pendulum to directly communicating with your guides. So keep trying to do guided meditations. Ask your guides via the pendulum, if you should do activity x or y. Maybe go for a certain meetup on meeting your guides etc.

Good luck!
This is what a pendulum looks like after being dunked/held right above the flame. It gives it character.
i.imgur.com/mPuxNiZl.jpg
Old 04-09-2014, 02:18 PM
Guide
On the subject of tips, these three sites have a wealth of information on their forums: The American Society of Dowsers, The British Society of Dowsers, The Canadian Society of Dowsers. Should you wish to, you can also join as members but there is a membership fee, the forums however are free.
Old 24-09-2014, 07:05 PM
PeaceLily

Thanks for the information - I'll try the tip about the flames.
Old 24-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Ascender

Thank you freedevil!

I am using most of it, for mediumship, but I don't do steps 6 and 7 all the time. Then I get strange messages, and have to go through the redundant process of scrutinizing and rationalizing my messages.

Just now I tried to connect to my coworker's older dog, but the younger one came through, all excited. When I verified with my coworker, none of the messages applied to the older dog. Then I went back to the dogs to ask "which one of you told me that you like to eat your own poop?" #_#!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:24 AM
Knower
Great post Freedevil - Might be worth putting this as a sticky
Old 14-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Experiencer

Great info Freedevil.

I've tried the....
Do you know the answer to......? Answer: Yes
Would you tell me the answer? Answer: No

Old 14-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow
I've tried the....
Do you know the answer to......? Answer: Yes
Would you tell me the answer? Answer: No

ha ha yellow ! I have done the same thing with my Spirit Guides ..... well not exactly the same thing ( different question ) but I have asked a question and gotten the " not needed to know at this moment in time ! "
Old 14-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting info Freedevil, first time I have heard about ' interference ' .

Quote:
Three types of people who attract the most interference:
1. People with dormant Shaman abilities.
2. People that don't have enough light in them, someone not fully awake but on their way there, which a lot of the members here are.
3. The oblivious one's who never check or bother. They just talk to their pendulum and whoever answers well answers.

I am one of those who just talk to my pendulum and don't ask who is answering, lol !

Never had a problem or any intereference with that and the answers turn out just fine ......just sayin'
Old 15-05-2015, 11:28 PM
TesseLated

bump....for goodness...

Just got my first one...anyone has anything to add please do so...
Old 03-06-2015, 11:49 PM
Knower
Thank you sooooo much!!
It turns out that I would get many other beings of light on the other end that isnt my angel or guide.
This helps a lot. I don't use my pendulum much but now I will.