Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:42 PM
chi chi

thnx for the info guys was interesting still wish i didnt av 2 start again though must be the only thing i know that is harder to do second tym round lol
love chi xxxxxx
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Glorymist

No, kundalini - - I am not taking all of this as an insult to my views. But for the life of me - - I don't know how we got into this one ! ! hee hee

Chakras are an interaction between all the facets of the lower self. With the soft spot open, the energies are more free to "come and go" - - and since this is the most common "doorway" for Soul to enter and leave the body - - even at night in our dreams - - then the chakra could somewhat be considered to be more "open." I suppose - - technically - - it might not hold up as far as some of the Eastern teachings are concerned - - but the end result is very true indeed.

As far as the "mental direction / will power" is concerned - - I merely meant that most people deal with and interact with this world and their life via a mental viewpoint - - coupled with the emotions. It has nothing to do with what society a person grows up in. They all pretty much promote the mental viewpoint of life around them. There beliefs, their concepts, their attitudes - - etc. - - all pretty much mental. Thought.

Since the mind / emotions / body is of the psychic realms of duality - - they are not purely and solely spiritual. That belongs to those planes / dimensions beyond the worlds of duality - - beyond mind / thought / emotion / etc.

The only reason I mentioned ego is that so many people equate mind with ego. In other words - - mind = ego = mind. That - - is incorrect. Ego is a facet of mind. Highly trained and overblown in most cases - - yes. But all of mind is not ego. Mind is more than just ego.

And yes - - in a sense - - all human beings are simply scrambling for the old ways - - but I would NOT label all of them as power trips. The old beliefs / patterns / habits / etc. pretty much define most every human being alive these days. We are a creature of habit. That's all I am saying.

People are somewhat waking up to the idea that we are more than our physical existence - - but still wrestle hard with the principle of Soul verses mind. Most cannot even deal with that - - because they take a completely mental viewpoint to their existence and all around them. Nothing wrong with that ! ! It works - - to a point. Few are ready to - - nor really wish to - - move beyond. Many believe that to enter the mental silence is taking them out of the mental worlds. In truth - - it is a necessary preliminary step - - but entering mental silence does not automatically take anyone beyond the mental worlds - - tho it does offer some much appreciated respite from the mental chatterings of most people's minds. That in itself is VERY nice indeed.

Many can see / hear life around them in the other planes / dimensions. This gets quite complex - - as to exactly what they are seeing and the origination of what they see / hear. I am not going to deal with that here.

It is very tough to discuss things like this until the actual semantics are resolved between the various people holding the conversation. For the most part - - if we just wish to take a look at the overall stew pot and forget that there are differing ingredients in there - - then people are dealing with their lives / feelings / emotions / thoughts / beliefs / etc. as best they can - - whether this is an actual spiritual discipline or not. The world often tries to tell you one thing but Truth is most often quite another.

Discipline - - does not - - indulge. Discipline is more of a demand. A firm direction. An adhering to. Quite often - - a doing of something when one doesn't really wish to do so. An inner strength.

And again - - kundalini - - I have NO idea how we got into all of this. It really doesn't belong in this thread but I guess that's where it all ended up.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:44 PM
kundalini

Lol, my thoughts exactly. In fact, I am beginning to wonder if I have over-stepped myself here as it feels like we are trying to explain the mysteries of the universe.

Yes, I accept that the EGO is a part of the MIND, no doubt designed so that one can LEARN to be an INDIVIDUAL. Think about it, if we all had no ego's or rather one uniting EGO then we would all be clones, exactly the same in thought processes, maybe not in physical appearance. But how we have got into this I am not sure.

In fact, I know what it is we are trying to explain here!

We are attempting to single out the process that makes people different to each other when actually it can only be one thing surely and that is EGO!
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Glorymist

There are few mysteries to the universe. Most can be generally and easily understood - - but few people want to really know. They wish to continue to believe as they always have up to this moment in their life. Such is the way and nature of the Path.

There is an individuality to mind - - and its perceptions of life - - and there is an individuality to Soul - - and Its perceptions of Life. There is a huge distinction. It dows NOT revlove around mental silence - - tho that is a very important means to an "end" in the understanding of it.

What makes people different from each other is their experiences in their life - - their MANY lives throughout the eons - - their interpretation of said experiences - - and what they do with the interpretation. This brings together all facets of self - - body / emotions / mind / and Soul.

The mind is not the powerful tool that it is if it could not be easily capable of misleading endlessly - - and all the while conning us into believing that we are doing the exact right thing ! ! The reason that peopel stay so long in the mental worlds is that they do NOT believe what they are told by those who know of and have indeed traveled beyond the mental worlds.

And the reason for that is - - ego. They do not want to be told because they believe themselves to already be right ! !
Old 06-08-2006, 11:18 PM
kundalini

This is becoming very interesting!

Although, if that is the case, what is the opposite of the EGO?

A non-ego?

How is a person with a non-ego, if such a thing exists?

I have heard that the magician David Blaine claims to have no ego. I don't believe that and if one thinks about it, then surely him announcing that he has no ego is EGOTISTICAL, egotism surely being an aspect of the EGO.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:57 AM
Glorymist

You ask some good questions. Ones I have never been asked before.

The opposite of ego would be a balanced mind. The teachings of the current metaphysicians and religious people wish to make it an either / or situation. Either this way or the other - - for or against. Ego - - or no ego ! ! Etc. Polarity at its finest ! ! All situations or conditions or experiences or principles or concepts have to be THIS way or THAT way ! ! Have you ever noticed that ?? You bring up something that is obviously very workable and viable and then they say "not always ! !" Good grief ! ! Like - - the one exception is supposed to disprove the rule ?? But - - that's the way the current trends are going. You can see the traps everywhere.

Anyway - - a balanced mind will have set aside the heavy limitations of ego but will knowingly deal with the basic ego of wanting to survive. To exist. If someone actually had no ego - - then they wouldn't necessarily adhere to any of the laws of society - - like - - traffic laws and such. They wouldn't care if they walked out in front of a speeding car. Ego is gone ! ! Why should they care ??

Yeah - - right ! !

So - - put this together with what I said at the beginning of this entry. Learn to live well in two worlds. Soul has to do that anyway. It has to learn to live "there" in It's true home beyond the worlds of duality - - and to also live "here" in this world because this is the school room that nudges It into situations to constantly and continuously face Itself thru the current set of dimensional bodies that it is dealing with at the time - - i.e. - - It's current lifetime.

It's just like having a side of you that goes to work and a side to you that deals with family / leisure time. The two are different. You know when to plug in which one - - tho often not happily. HeH Such is the discipline.

Someone can always make a claim that they are without ego. Lots of people do it on this forum - - and on other forums. It takes little effort to see that they are wrong - - but if you try to convince them of such - - you are in for a battle ! ! They depend on that belief for their sense of well-being ! ! They HAVE to have that belief ! ! Some - - can see - - and can be helped to broaden their viewpoint. Then they can deal with ego at an even deeper level.

All of this is the play of mind. Soul is out of It's element here. Mind - - rules here. Mind has convinced Soul that It (Soul) is secondary and unnecessary. And - - Soul has bought into it. As one progresses along the Path - - Soul begins to suspect - - then question - - then move towards - - then realize and know - - that this is NOT correct. It is Soul that rules - - while using mind as the tool that it is.

It takes "forever" to figure that out. And even when it is suspected - - it takes "forever" to revise and reshape ego to back off enough to get it all working in ones life.

That - - is the Path.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:17 PM
kundalini

I have given this subject some thought and have reached the conclusion that human beings as they are NOW, can never attain a state of having no EGO.

This is because I find it unimaginable to be able to walk around having no ego. Yes, I know that you mentioned the concept of a basic 'survival' ego but would that not still be an ego? It would not just be egoless but mindless.

An ego is no doubt integral to the mind for how would one challenge themselves if they did not have an ego? How would one function? How would a person grow? I don't think it is enough to say a person has reached their full potential once they become the 'walking definition of being egoless'.
How would one interact with their surrounding environment if they had no ego? Would a person be able to accept they had an ego and accept all their bad points and good points and everybody else's permanently and then say they had no ego?

Ego is mind!

How can it not be? Maybe it is not just an aspect but IS the mind? These seem to be very futile questions. Maybe the only person who could answer them is an EGOLESS person, if there is such a thing . . .
Old 07-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Glorymist

Yes - - the basic ego would still be "ego" - - but it is the overblown / excessive / controlling ego of choice / opinion / material desire / greed / etc. - - all of that - - this is what needs to be contended with. THAT - - is what needs to be resolved.

As I said before - - consider what the various metaphysicians / relisions / forces are trying to "do" by convincind the unsuspecting public to accept. If they can get the majority of the people to accept that ALL of ego has to be destroyed - - this just leaves the individual floating around in a non-thinking, totally passive, completely observant, drifting around, sombie mode ! ! If the various forces can get the individual to do that - - they they can keep that Soul trapped there forever - - because they will have no desire to do otherwise.

But if it can be understood that a certain degree of ego is rather necessary - - tho that degree is VERY small indeed - - and then just take care of the heavy, pretentious aspects of the mighty influencing ego - - and then move on from there because those limitations will be lessened / gone - - THEN - - that individual can move on itno greater awareness. The "ego" that is "left" is almost insignificant.

Ego - - is a PART of the mind. A facet of the mind. Try not to fall for the "ego is mind and mind is ego" bit.

There can be simple thought - - that is NOT judgment / opinion / etc. Like - - 2+2=4 - - is NOT a thought as influenced by ego - - whereas 2+2=4 and I love the power that this awareness give me - - is.

Just perceiving thru the senses - - seeing something - - hearing something - - is perceived thru the senses via the mind. To just perceive - - is not ego. To judge and form opinions / criticisms of what you perceive - - is.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:32 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
I have given this subject some thought and have reached the conclusion that human beings as they are NOW, can never attain a state of having no EGO.

This is because I find it unimaginable to be able to walk around having no ego. Yes, I know that you mentioned the concept of a basic 'survival' ego but would that not still be an ego? It would not just be egoless but mindless.

An ego is no doubt integral to the mind for how would one challenge themselves if they did not have an ego? How would one function? How would a person grow? I don't think it is enough to say a person has reached their full potential once they become the 'walking definition of being egoless'.
How would one interact with their surrounding environment if they had no ego? Would a person be able to accept they had an ego and accept all their bad points and good points and everybody else's permanently and then say they had no ego?

Ego is mind!

How can it not be? Maybe it is not just an aspect but IS the mind? These seem to be very futile questions. Maybe the only person who could answer them is an EGOLESS person, if there is such a thing . . .

Maybe this is why we consider ourself human. It links in with the void thing God is peace/nothingness/void/the uncarved block. Maybe it is unimaginable now but it will become desireable at some point i'd wager - in about 13 billion years time ho, ho.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:07 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Maybe this is why we consider ourself human. It links in with the void thing God is peace/nothingness/void/the uncarved block. Maybe it is unimaginable now but it will become desireable at some point i'd wager - in about 13 billion years time ho, ho.

Yes, you're right, I said that's why NOW humans as they are may not be able to achieve this - - - Thing is, would we still consider ourselves human beings...would we even care?
Closed Thread